PvP Idea

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by DCUO 0H, May 25, 2020.

1. DCUO 0H New Player

Hello everyone, this thread will be talking about an idea for PvP that can be implemented with the support of the community and devs. All feedback and ideas would be appreciated from everyone to let this be heard and hopefully put into place.

• Idea

The idea is to focus PvP primarily with Legends PvP. One of the most common issues with arenas PvP is that any, if not all changes that are made to cater to the PvP community will also affect the PvE aspect of the game. This leads to balancing issues and disagreement between PvE players and PvP players which makes sense since the two are played very differently. With legends this is not the case. If a certain legend is bugged or needs a fix, that change can be made accordingly to that particular legend which wouldn’t affect other aspects of the game. This can lead to simpler fixes and a more balanced PvP experience.
    Another reason legends would be great to prioritize for PvP is the mechanics. Legends is the closest thing to how PvP used to be. Weapons play a much bigger role than in arenas, and counters are significantly more important in legends to beat another important. This was the main reason the PvP community is dissatisfied with the current state of how arenas are played. There’s an absurd amount of power spam someone can do to win a match which takes away from what PvP was primarily about. Most of the old school players who still PvP mainly play legends now for this reason. With legends everyone can play PvP like how it used to be with counters and weapon damage being the main factor of who wins a PvP match.

• How to implement

Bringing back FNL would be a great way to draw more players into LPVP. It could be led by either the players or the devs. There could be all types of tournaments from 1v1s, 2v2s, 4v4s etc. There could also be exclusive styles given to players who win those tournaments, similar to how there was an exclusive accessory given to players who beat the last survival mode. It could be anything from an aura, accessory, material, or title. This brings attention and competition in an easy way to have more of the community involved.
    Another way to implement this is to of course add new legends characters and legends styles periodically. There are so many characters and outfits that can be added that many players would love to play as. This allows everyone to have something to always look forward to since there are so many options for the devs to give us. The possibilities are endless and this keeps LPVP refreshing and new to all of us.

• How to Monetize

Monetizing would be very simple. Each new legends character would cost $9.99. If you have membership you can purchase them with marks of legends. If the player wants to take the fast route or isn’t a member, they can have the option to purchase a character or new skin through the marketplace if they already have that character unlocked. There could also be exclusive limited time skins added that are only purchasable through the marketplace which could draw even more sales for the game.
    With this route it allows another form of revenue for DCUO. There could be character bundles, skin packs and more. It’s also a consistent form of money since there will always be players who would love to buy certain characters or skins the first day they’re released instead of farming marks, and with the limited time offers for exclusive styles, there will be players who wouldn’t want to miss the chance to own a character skin for some of their favorite heroes or villains.

All in all this idea can possibly work, and hopefully it can be considered. It’s a great way to have something to look forward to and enjoy for PvP players. It doesn’t have to be the main thing for PvP forever, but it’s something that could work for right now/sometime soon until arenas can be fixed if they ever decide to focus on that. Not having anything new PvP related is discouraging and this could be the change of that for the time being.
    • Like x 5
  2. OnePunchSky New Player

I agree
    • Like x 1
  3. Ten New Player

I agree as well
    • Like x 1
  4. Zoros Active Player

Yes, legends would be a good starting point for changes/experimentation. Arenas can be modified later and legends can be the guinea pig for fixes as it does not carry over into the primary pve instances. Mepps, would it be feasible to get a group of developers together and brainstorm in conjuction with feedback on the pvp forum to devise strategies of monetization to enhance the bottom line and create another form of cash flow to your game.

Also, time permitting, could you please elaborate on why PvP is not in the plans right now as you had mentioned in another thread? I'm just curious and I think it would be a good basis for communication going forward.

Thank you,
    Zoros
    • Like x 2
  5. Soul Dedicated Player

0H, Ripchill, this is beyond beating a dead horse at this point.

Nevertheless, I salute your efforts.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. DEMlSE New Player

I agree
    PS hi soul
    • Like x 1
  7. DCUO 0H New Player

This.
  8. DCUO 0H New Player

Thanks, always worth a try.
  9. That1DarkKnight Active Player

I've seen a lot of posts on here about so called "Amazing PvP Ideas" and I must say this is the first time where I can actually support a thread like this. Truly outstanding. A very different take on how to go about improving PvP truly worth a read and consideration by the devs. I wholeheartedly agree with this.
    • Like x 1
  10. FutureSoldier Active Player

Legends can't make them a lot of profit because they would have to buy licenses to release specific characters in the game,
    Anyways most people aren't fans of legends and most players would like to use their own toons for PvP.
    • Like x 1
  11. DCUO 0H New Player

Thanks for the positive feedback.
  12. DCUO 0H New Player

Something is better than nothing, and realistically regular arenas PvP won’t be fixed or focused on anytime soon, if not ever. With LPVP there’s still some possibilities for the devs to work with.
  13. Zoros Active Player

There are a vast number of ways to monetize any element in this game, it's just a matter of getting a proper idea of what they have devised up until this point in time and the core reason why they did not make another pvp DLC like last laugh and what they are willing/unwilling to do based on the discussions they've had.

Traffic in legends and arenas would see a large influx if there was a greater initiative/incentive to play it. There could be unique auras, chromas, and new styles to be released. There could also be a new slot in the augment menu for something that behaves similar to augments that would enhance your stats inside an instance (both pvp and pve) which you would earn from engagement in pvp etc. These examples may be plausible/implausible, point being it took me less than two minutes to create them and there are hundreds more possibilities.

I just want to understand what the current pvp development and monetization roadblocks are from their perspective and see if any of these challenges could be managed/discussed through brainstorming. The community could work together, a synergy if you will, to solve any challenges posed. Thanks for the feedback future!
    • Like x 1
  14. Bantos2 Active Player

FNL should had never stopped. I feel like if they never stopped FNL the devs would be more aware about the issues that had to do with PVP since they'd watch all the unbalanced stuff being displayed on livestream:D
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUO 0H New Player

I agree, FNL allowed the devs to have a better relationship with PvP players as well as a better understanding of the PvP side of the game.
    • Like x 1
  16. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Great ideas and i agree FNL should’ve never been abandoned it tore the community down even more than what it already was. Legends definitely should get a fix then start to try and fix pvp immediately afterwards. The games almost 10 years old and they can’t figure out how to fix the pvp? Every MMO has pvp and dc has/had one of the best combat systems compared to others and they can’t seem to figure it out. I hope we can get at least a fix towards legends at least it’s a start. The pvp community is still here they’re just tired of asking over and over again. We need something for the folks that don’t use the forums so they can voice their opinion as well through the game.