PVP gear

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by junglejim, Oct 7, 2014.

1. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Now isn't that encouraging as many post have been made about players making ill gotten purchases then blaming the game so we get safe guards for this and you insist that I make the very error that they put the safe guards in place for.

My CR before this update was 89 in PVP without the back piece I can post the screen shot as others have and show the vengeance gear as well the other 99 item gear I have which would put me in the class with those that did purchase gear that they did not intend to purchase which I did not because I agree with the save the uninform rule of purchase check for the very reason I ask the question because players do make purchases before reading.

I am not asking for a piece of gear that I made an error on either so thanks enlighten 1 for being thoughtful and letting me know how dumb I would be for actually coming to the threads and asking for something that I clearly did not ask for nor am I asking them to do either.

My question stands, will we be reimbursed for purchasing gear that we do not need in order to see gear that we were currently working on?

If not why should I have to purchase the lesser gear for MOV when it will obviously not be returned for said marks once we are able to resume collecting the gear at our current level that we were working on.

http://dcuolive.com/Character/Show?CharacterId=562971429316238&WorldId=2
    • Like x 1
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No you will not be reimbursed. You are missing the back piece for whatever reason so now you must purchase the older back pieces in order to show the new gear, it's as simple as that. Your PVP cr didn't increase with the GU because you were missing a piece of gear to be up tiered. You seem to be deliberately avoiding saying how you came to lose that back piece also, which just leads me to believe that you deleted in error. You can't expect to be reimbursed for making a blunder.
    • Like x 1
  3. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Is it possible to make it to where your PVP CR doesn't get lower if you delete/lose a piece of gear like PVE? So that way we can always see at lease the set we're wearing. The reason I was missing a Ring in the 1st place was because of the OP Ring I have making the now LVL99 useless before the update.
    • Like x 2
  4. junglejim New Player

This still isnt resolved . Will 90 pvp crs be scaled up? The highest level weapon available to me is 97 so do i need to pay 1500 marks for a weapon at that level because at current levels thats all the marks. Then 1500 again to buy a 98 or 99? Ive no issue buying a 99 weapon with marks but not tiers below it when everything im wearing is 99 pvp. Those marks took a long time to accumulate and after all the wip thread. All the discussion about testing . All the anticipation. Couldnt do an arena last night. Im assuming tonight will be similar . This is a problem for alot on eu going by pvp chat. Unlike them im not willing to take 3 steps back to get to my starting position
    • Like x 2
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I am not asking for the piece to be reimbursed that I no longer have, I simply only want to resume where I was at pre-update 41 and that was, working on the style for the feat.

I already have the back style I was working on my next piece if I then repurchased the back piece again that is much lower than the style that I am currently working on I would be even dumber (imo) than the fact that I got rid of the piece that I already had in the first place.

I simply do not care about PVP and only want the feat and I don't like fighting games anyway i.e., PVP as far as DCUO goes just not why I like DC.
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I was going through the vendor to see what all I need. Ive been just full android gear since that came out. Never bothered a whole lot to pick up face, rings, trinket, weapon and belt. So tonight I started knocking out some pvp to get everything I need to start working on the new Nightwing gear. All I need now is a weapon and the utility belt... and I do not see the 99 belt.

... Do I need to buy another 98 belt, or some such to unlock the 99 belt?, or is this an item that is just missing from the vendor?
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

I have 13 PvP-Item-Level-99 pieces and I used to play with the OP-Neck from Lockdown. Now okay, it explains to me why I couldn't see the new gear or at least the Elemental Android gear (of which I have 13 pieces).
    Now I decided to buy a PvP-IL97 Necklace to have a full PvP-Set.
    Now I have 13 99-Items and 1 97-Item. My PvP-CR is still at 94 and I can't see any 98-gear (to catch up with the necklace).

I'd like to know how I/you can fix this since I won't buy three sets of armor only to buy my missing Android-Necklace to start with the Gotham Knight set.
    • Like x 2
  8. junglejim New Player

Another bump before i head home from work
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Were you able to fix it with just one gear purchase?
  10. junglejim New Player

This is basically my issue. With the weapons being pretty expensive im unwilling to waste the 1500 marks i have on a 97 weapon. If there are plans to scale us up ill happily play another game till such a time arises. If theres confirmation that buying 1 weapon will open the top tier or android tier and its the only fix while id be disappointed id deal with it. Just dont want to "test" anything with my only marks
    • Like x 3
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For those unable to find PvP gear, please see if these steps fix you up and/or match your situation:

•With full 99 without the neck piece I am CR 94.
    oI can’t see any gear on the Hall of Heroes vendors because I’m too low level.
    oBut on the Iconic vendor in the wings I can see 96 and 97 gear.
    oI buy the 97 Neck.
    •I am now CR 98.
    oThe low level vendors only sell 96 and 97 gear so nothing new pops up on the vendor when I make that purchase.
    oI need to go to the Hall of Heroes and look at the high level vendors.
    •At the high level vendors, I can see level 98 and 99 gear.
    oI purchase the level 99 neck.
    oI can now see the level 100 gear.
    • Like x 4
  12. Sbel Devoted Player

You already can't lose CR. You didn't lose CR.
  13. Sbel Devoted Player

1) The utility belt and trinket count the same, you've never needed a utility belt to raise your CR.

2) They've eliminated utility belts in the new pvp season since there's no longer anything to put in it.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm not belittling anybody, and there is no bug here. Omnipotence items are not strictly PVP items, they are universal items. I can understand why you would use them over dedicated PVP pieces but that doesn't change the fact that they are not specific PVP pieces. The fact of the matter is when the GU went live people were missing pieces of dedicated PVP gear, which meant they could not be fully up-tiered. Your tank is not wearing all item level 99 gear. He is wearing mostly item level 99 PVP gear and a level 93 Ring of OP. Not the same thing.
    • Like x 3
  15. junglejim New Player

Its clearly a bug when having all but 1 item ( weapon in my case) at pvp cr 99 equipped you cant even see the gear your currently wearing and have the feat for? Thats intended is what your saying? The "blunder" on my part was not keeping the weapon in my bank and i was fully aware id need to re-buy it upon logging in i was under no illusions. The blunder on the devs part is not allowing me to buy the correct tiered weapon upon logging in. Now i have 1500 marks and a stockpile that ill lose if collected. Why should i need to waste them on weapons at 97 level? Im not irate because i cant see the new gear. Im irate that after all this wait i cant play arena properly to get testing. I appreciate guys like myself are in part responsible by putting ourselves in the position but the amount of hours spent in game accumulating marks shouldn't have to go to waste over this
    • Like x 3
  16. Sbel Devoted Player

Yes. That is what I am saying.

I can understand the complaints of the people who were using OP rings, but you deleted your weapon. :confused: In what way does that make sense?
    • Like x 1
  17. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Umm.. sorry, not dropped necessarily more like My PvP CR didn't go up when the update hit. These were my PvP Stats when I was bugged for missing one lvl99 ring with all the other lvl99 gear inside an arena match; I was pretty much CR95.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Yes, I was. I purchased a Lv.97 green ring(500MOV) which reopened the Highest tier vendor; Then I had to purchase the Lv.99 ring(500MOV) to see the newest set.

My problem with this is that I shouldn't had to buy gear from the lower tier vendor to re-level my CR back up when I'm wearing full Lv.99 gear and only missing one piece. I should've been able to at lease seen the Lv.99 set to only re-buy the Lv.99 ring I was missing. Not, Oh noes one of my car tires are flat; Guess I have to buy a whole new car now.
    • Like x 2
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. People keep saying they have to re-buy the same gear, but that's simply not true is it? If it was the same gear then it would have the same stats and item level, but it does not. Therefore you are not buying gear you already bought. You are buying gear that has the same style you already bought. It honestly boggles my mind that people don't understand this.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I am not being condescending. If my language comes across as so then I apologise, but I am not. Mepps has already given the solution: to buy the highest level missing item available to you in order to see the next tier. You can see previous pieces, such as the 97 piece. Buy the 97 piece and then you will see the 98 piece. Buy the 98 piece and you will see the 99 piece. I played Legends for 10 minutes on a fresh 30 alt and I got 1400 MoV. It's honestly not that hard to save up for the missing pieces.
    • Like x 2