PvP gear was nerfed hard after the stats revamp.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Kanmaru, May 29, 2022.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I've realized that after the revamp that our PvP gear was indeed nerfed a good amount. From doing my calculations, level 97 PvP pre revamp compared to current 101 PvP gear gave approximately +200-800 Toughness on average (1200-1800 per piece), +1700 health each piece on average (1700-2900 health per piece), Might was +200 on average (435 might per piece), precision was +10 on average (190-220 per piece), power was -100 in comparison (100 less power per piece), Restoration was +300 (so 480 or more per piece), Vit was +100 (100 more per piece) and Dominance was completely removed from PvP gear after the stats revamp so that's (+40 per piece.)

Another reason how I know the devs messed this up completely is the fact that current revamp PvP gear has a Defense stat and a Weaponization stat. Why is there defense for PvP content but dominance was removed? Very strange to me.

So not only are powers not working well in PvP because it's obvious they weren't taken into consideration for competitive PvP settings but now they tampered with the PvP gear, making the highest 101 gear available far less powerful in stats compared to pre revamp 97 PvP gear.

I was wondering why we hit far less and have so much trouble breaking player shields and this is a big reason as to why. Also wondered why a lot of people went back to fighting in majority or full PvE fear again and now I see why.

You don't even need PvP gear anymore because it's so obsolete it's actually concerning. And let's not talking about our already nerfed gear getting more nerfed in arenas thanks to the stat clamps.

This needs to be addressed soon.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Remember this is just the lvl 97 PvP gear from pre revamp in comparison to our current stats revamp 101 PvP gear stats.

101 gear pre revamp compared to current 101 PvP gear is no comparison. It's nearly 92% better stats across the board aside from Power.
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I didn't include stats from gear sockets since they were removed after stats revamp. Another thing the devs took away.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there not going to do anything about this.

they seem to hate the PVP community because of a false misconception

that it doesn't bring in money

I disagree as PVP players also PVE

but I'm not in charge
    • Like x 1
  5. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

You got to win what over 50 matches for one piece of gear? Not even worth it anymore unless your league encourages acquiring 101 pvp gr. My league pays 200 million to anyone that reaches 101 pvp. Playing over 400 matches of pvp does not sound exciting at all. Now they give the styles for source marks it is even less worth it imo. I want that 200 million though...
    • Like x 1
  6. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I only engage in Open World PVP in zones that give me a Combat Rating boost.

In these zones, it feels like my PVP gear is actually working because of the additional stats the CR boost grants me. (Thanks to the friend that revealed this to me)

A MAX CR PVE player will have a hard time killing me while I'm CR boosted in Death Metal Washington (CR 350) and wearing my 101 PVP gear...which is the way PVP gear (in my opinion) is supposed to feel when going against any player wearing PVE anything.

I can almost melt a near max CR PVE Tank in under 10 seconds while in Controller role. It feels really good. I almost feel like a Mini Boss...until they decide to wear PVP gear too. LOL!! XD

Is it really that difficult to allow PVP gear to feel this powerful versus players using PVE gear in every Open World setting? (Gotham, Metropolis, Watchtower, House of Legends, etc....)

I grinded very hard to get my 101 PVP gear. I feel it should work in any Open World setting. The way my PVP gear feels in CR Boosted zones is the way it should feel in every Open World zone.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Maybe there is a personal hate for PvP in this game regarding some of the Developers, pretty much every update puts PvP in worse state than prior, Pve gear has tremendously surpassed PvP gear in stats and it's already a meta to use PvE gear in the open world. I highly doubt this would get fixed, since this will be next on list along with other neglected issues in PvP.
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

If they would just do the math, I just don't think they can do anything about PvP even if they wanted to, there were way more players in playing when PvP was more balanced and I'm sure they had more money coming in as well.
  9. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

The toughness stat is the same across each and all sets of gear. If you equip pve gear that has the appropriate mods and for all other pieces equip pvp 97 you might hold your own in the open world. I exaggerated how many matches to win for a piece of gear. Winning 50 matches should net you 10k marks, enough to get a set of of 97 gear. The stats from 97 to 101 only increase by a small margin, really small. I think the way the gear scales is by having a whole gear set and not so much by having the stats. Plus, pvp is capped as far as skill points go.

From my research into other statements made by people that pvp regularly, you are not benefiting but from having around 320 skill points max. Maxing certain stats will not provide you any more benefit. If you can afford to, if you dps in pvp gear, you only need to stat crit chance and max 100 points in might or precision. Also never stat hybrid. Use superpowers or weapon expert. For roles in pvp you only benefit from dominance and health for tanks, restoration and heal crit chance for healers, and control role benefits from power crit chance and vitalization. If you fight in a scrim or duel with no gear, you only benefit from dominance and crit attack. This is what I have gathered from watching videos and reading posts from people in the pvp community.

To sum it up, pvp is all together a different beast and the gear behaves nothing like pve gear. If you can get yourself around 6k to 8k toughness, you should be able to compete in a duel or in the open world. If you are going into an arena, I suggest queueing with a friend at the same time so you can farm up to the 101 gear. PvP is a paper, scissors, rock game of block breaking, lunging, and blocking. It takes more skill than simply spamming powers like one would tend to do in an alert or raid.
    • Like x 1
  10. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I've heard similarly (from old sources), but also differently (from current players). Testing myself, at least in Arenas, maxing out Prec/Might does actually increase those stats in Arenas. It's just like in PvE, though less noticeable with the clamp and without the percentage bonuses from Artifacts or Elite gear. Same with attack and healing crits. However, putting points into Restoration is useless if you are in Healer role. Literally increases your total Restoration by 0. So as a Healer in Arenas you actually don't want to put any points into Restoration. I haven't tested the other stats, but I imagine they are similar for other roles - one of the main reasons Support roles are broken in Arenas.
    • Like x 2
  11. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

It is always good to get feedback and correct information whenever possible. I appreciate this response. I myself had given up on pvp a while ago but have recently found an interest again to start getting my villain some gear to compete in the open world.
  12. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

Last time I remember pvp gear being superior was during the time when Natures wolf form had that unholy uppercut. I know this because I was originally a nature main before its downfall lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

WOW!
    That's a long time ago. XD I think I heard about Nature being incredibly powerful back then.
    We can only hope our PVP stats are adjusted to be superior to any and all players choosing to battle us using PVE gear.

Like I said, our PVP gear functions fine in CR Boosted zones.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The developers have given up on PVP for three reasons:
    1. Not profitable: All you need to PVP is an account; and selling anything PVP specific would be the final nail in PTW confirmation for a game that already has more microtransactions than the entirety of the EA catalogue.
    2. Not policeable: Functional PVP would require pulling the trigger on hard bans or outright system refusal for all third party software interaction with the DCUO client. We know this isn't going to happen because certain noted whales and multiple members of the "elite" gaming community here have been outed (repeatedly) for using speedhacking and other banned software interactions on multiple occasions, usually with temporary (or no) repercussions.
    3. Not balanceable: People STILL cry about P/S/R role balance being gone. People STILL cry about Weapons Mastery. Balancing the current PVP meta would require that everyone let go of all previous iterations of "balance" and literally no one is willing to do that. So it's a non-starter.
    So, duel for fun, duel because you're hammered, duel because you're bored, but don't expect it to be meaningful again any time soon, because "clemency for cheaters" and "MINE MINE MINE" matter more to the community as a whole right now than "properly functioning game segments" do.

As for PVP gear:

It scales like that now mostly because it was an attempt at opening up PVP beyond the hardcore PVP segment; because it was impossible to entice new players to play PVP in a situation where the tiers of gear above your current level give your opponents exponentially greater stats.

That's not really meaningful PVP boosting anyway - sort of the opposite, really; as you get into the space between 99-101 you should be beating people because of raw fighting experience and 'ring awareness', and not because your stats have been inflated artificially to the degree where it is functionally impossible for you to lose.
    • Like x 1
  15. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

I mean we can still offer advice as to what's wrong with certain things in pvp. Telling us something over and over again won't really make anyone stop. If the Devs ever decide to do some fixes for it, threads like this one for example will help even if it's just a bit. It's not just one of those outright "Fix pvp" threads. Pvp is definitely profitable even if it isn't directly bringing in money, cheating ofc happens in pve as well so idk why that would be a reason to not work on it(even though the Devs haven't said that it's a reason), and it's definitely possible to balance it out. I'm pretty sure no one is complaining about weapon masteries anymore because it's not as unbalanced now and RPS was a great system when it came to dealing with different roles. I think what most of the pvp community wants is to not be treated like a ragdoll when going against someone with mixed pve gear or full pve gear. For example, can be tested if needed: having full pve gear with Demon Fang & the Clarion art will absolutely destroy a player wearing full pvp. That's why there has been an increase use of pve gear lately and you can see for yourself outside the Little Bohemia pd.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yep.
    This is why I only do Open World PVP in zones that give me a CR Boost.
    • Like x 1
  17. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

Tried this recently and its amazing how much of a difference it made. I actually had a bit of fun excluding when fighting the stealth hand mod users. Anyone in pve gear was basically forced to fight me in pvp gear.
    • Like x 1
  18. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yes!
    It feels amazing!
    It's great when your PVP gear actually works in Open World! (^_^)
  19. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yes!
    It feels amazing, right!? (^_^)
    It works exactly how it's supposed to. Greater than PVE gear in absolutely every way in a VS Player situation. That's how it's supposed to be.
    That's what I expected it to be when I grinded all the way to my 101 PVP gear, but that's not what we got. What we got is being absolutely inferior to PVE gear in a VS Player situation everywhere except Arenas.
    We have to go to a CR Buffed Zone for our PVP gear to actually work as it should in Open World.
    I really hope at least THIS can get fixed.
  20. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

The next time a PVE player challenges you to a duel...tell them to meet you at (insert CR Buffed zone). LOL!
    They'll think twice about challenging you next time. XD