PvP Explanation

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nonoshan, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Nonoshan New Player

In short summary how does Arena work?

1. Is it Gear Based? I read somewhere it isn't.
    2. If not then what exactly is the PvP gear for? Just Open World?
    3. I assume Stats matter if it is NOT gear based and if that is true what else effects it?

Regarding Legends . I read people do NOT like the current Legends PvP. When did this update happen. I read is more of a rock/paper/scissors thing now.

Is there a tier list of characters? I know this is subjective. :)
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

1.) Yes gear helps but not to the point where you will automatically win just because you have a higher gear set. Which is how it should be.

2.) PVP gear has less of an effect on Open World PVP since Orbitals, Supply Drops, Back-Up, Buff Trinkets, etc... all work in Open World.

3.) Stats matter but not to an extreme because there are stat caps in PVP Arena which prevent you from exceeding a certain amount in an attempt to keep the playing field level.

However, all that being said, the Stat Revamp of 2017 totally wrecked Arenas into oblivion as it is a spam fest now.

As for Legends, Legends is "okay" but definitely not in the best shape. When the Stat Revamp of 2017 occurred, the Developers screwed up and broke Batman and Robin's block breaker making it do roughly triple the amount of damage of everyone else's block breaker which is why a lot of people I know, including myself, stay away from Legends mostly. They also broke rifle combos 5th tap, as it use to be blockable but now is not so Rifle players can execute it for free high hitting damage. Thus, makes Two-Face even stronger than he should be.

As far as Rock/Paper/Scissors mechanic in PVP, that has been gone for years now and it never applied to Legends, as it was an Arena thing. Something everyone I know would love to see re-introduced...along with some PVP balances.
  3. Eve YouTuber

1. More based on your SP, but PvP gear is useful for stats I suppose
    2. Open World is dead, and PvP is not in a good state. You will mostly see extreme spams from healers\trollers teams.
    3. Legends need a serious fix for Batman & Robin block breaker. It hits harder than any block breaker i the game
    and player abuse it. Not so fun playing legends. You will get it in 1v1 too. Spam in your face. If you get to a 2v1 situation,
    you are basically doomed. Top tier has always been the batfamily, Shazam and Black Adam. Wonder Woman & Wondergirl
    are also very good. I usually play as the Wonder Family.
  4. Nonoshan New Player

wow super helpful info thank you so much SkyyRin AND Brother Allen