PvP Counters Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Zizzi, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Man, the pvp counter after GU 27 is the same thing, nothing has been change, just 1GB more to my HDD.
  2. thenewkidd New Player

I noticed the same thing...
    I don't think the Devs fully understood what the problem was...

Sometimes I get "block broken" when I never even blocked... sometimes I lunge and STILL get "block broken" when they are hitting "triangle" (range on PC)... Sometimes I try and block break and nothing happens and then lunge (because when I block brake they are supposed to fall down right?) I still get countered.

I was hoping GU27 would have fixed this but it's like Rock Paper Scissors and Scissors "cuts" Rock... smh.
  3. Brice Allen Loyal Player

It's better than it was Mepps but it definitely isn't "fixed". The Immunity still seems to be a bit buggy. Once again...not as bad as it was but still not "fixed". The BB Window Bug has not been fixed either. Some weapons are victim to this bug while others aren't. Normally if you throw a BB you have a set time that you can be punished. However, this bug allows the window to stay fully open until you do another attack or power. Example is if I throw a Block Breaker and hold block an opponent could wait 10, 15, 20, hell 45 seconds and then lunge me and I will still get punished.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This specific bug has been identified.
    • Like x 1
  5. P.W. New Player

Hope you fix it!
  6. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

This, the time of punish window is messed up.
  7. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I believe this is because the system is getting "confused" if you will as to what is going on.

If you throw a block breaker and then block, the system will think you're still vulnerable to a lunge and will keep it that way. It also seems that if you block break right after blocking, it artificially lengthens the block window cause once again the system seems to get confused at what "state" the player is supposed to be in.
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

To add to my previous post, people also get immunities incorrectly. One of these is caused when a user applies a dodge effect (either through lunge, roll, particular moves etc.) and the opponent throws a BB just after and they get immunity just like they had landed a counter when it missed due to the dodge effect. It seems somewhat related to my previous post stating that the game seems to be getting confused over what state the player is in.
  9. HellsOpus New Player

I did not read the entire thread and apologize if this has already been mentioned, but if you block break and then immediately hold block you are vulnerable to a lunge. It is not limited to a 3 sec window. So long as you go from a BB into block you will be vulnerable to a lunge until u release block.This can be quite frustrating.

Edit:
    Oops, should have scrolled up. Looks like this issue was identified and responded to by Mepps. Hoping for an update soon.
  10. Sagittarian New Player

PvP just made a worst day in my life. I blocked melee hits and get knocked down by special melee moves(hold lmb) repeatedly not once but so many times. it also happens when animation wise I was blocking a lunge AND I STILL get knocked down. Also when I perform a knock down move( like lunge), that guy does'nt get knock down even though he's not blocking.

2 things I conclude:
    1)Terrible terrible terrible lag in pvp(SO noticeable in arena)
    2) Terrible terrible bugs.

And I just started playing and subscribed last month. What did I sign up for again?

Any ideas?
    • Like x 1
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I reproduced a glitch on PC-Test that causes the oponent to look knocked down as if from a counter, but isn't knocked down by a counter, because it is still possible to attack and the animations overlap each other. Could it be that? My duel-oponent on PC-Test was going crazy because of it...(That bug is also on live-server, but not as easy to make happen as on PC Test)
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

GU 28 has further refined and improved counters. Please let us know if you are seeing further issues as of today.
  13. Trinidad James Loyal Player

This is something I posted in another thread as a rely to Aqua.

Also with Brawling their able to hit me up to 3 or 4 times with me blocking and not get punished. Can this be fixed please? My block shouldn't be able to get interrupted by a weapon stun/knockdown.
  14. BadHansel New Player

Brawling in general is a little weird. Long BB jump cancelling is not really interruptable, while they "fixed" it for 2h, where holding ranged causes a BB very randomly, thats why it became very useless...
  15. Joshinator New Player

Sent in a ticket about this because it was overwhelmingly frustrating to enter any PvP match and have this happen all the time. It's almost INTENTIONALLY exploited by most players I see. Yet when I call it out, it's all "lol I'm just better than you."

And this is why I haven't played PvP since the "combat interactions improvements".
  16. Zeo Committed Player

Posting here to support this topic, I read this and entered in the Gotham Museun, the first boss have a move that he pounds the ground repeatedly, if you use block break immediately you get stuned again, I got my guard breaked 3x in a row by this move, but the funny part is even if your animation is "stunned" or "fallen on the ground", you still can attack normally and use powers.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This sounds like a separate issue specific to that NPC.

Since it appears GU 28 did resolve much or most of the reports here and we don't have new info, we'll move this one to resolved. If you find issues with counters, please make a new thread with specifics so we can investigate them individually.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.