PvP Community

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Cuddle, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarien Well-Known Player

I said relegate the 1v1 to damage role, because it leaves the other 95% of the game untouched. As a compromise, rather than wrecking it everywhere like they chose to do. I'd rather just have a single arena category walled off for people that aren't good enough players to handle fighting with roles, rather than give them their movement debuff crutch everywhere.

Of course, what else should I expect from the guy that wants to buy collections on the marketplace, and in general loves a pay to win scheme? Why on earth would anyone be surprised that you're good with nonsense in general?
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

I agree removing crit caps is the easiest way to make matches go faster. I remember before crit caps and immunity some matches could be really fast paced and required a lot of focus. I was a healer at the time and people's health would dip to nothing in a few seconds. I would really have to be on the ball with catching those spikes. It felt balanced to me because if I ran out of power or was just slow then people died.

How do other MMO's handle stat reduction? I just feel that you can make counter roles work without having to nerf their stats. There's this whole "buff others, don't nerf me" sentiment going around and all.
    • Like x 1
  3. Giggles Loyal Player

The other game is not untouched. Again you keep missing the fact that these debuffs were added to help aid pug teams who lack the appropriate roles. When you que up alone, you have no control over who and what roles you are paired with. When you que up for arena, your team is picked at random relative to your match making ranking.

If you queue up and were paired with 4 DPS players who did not understand PvP, you would be at a huge disadvnatage against a team who has 2 Controllers, 2 Healers, 1 Tank/DPS for example. Since you have debuffs you can utlize you actually stand a fighting chance because despite the lack of support, if your team was the better team, they could still overcome that perfect team by utilizing the debuffs and outplaying the perfect premade.

The "compromise" you are asking for is not fair at all. The "compromise" you are asking for basically ensures that a premade group will always beat a group that is not a premade. I mean the chances are still already in the favor of the premade despite the debuffs being here currently, but you want a guaranteed win for the premade. You want to remove any chance of a pug team standing up to a premade team. Your "compromise" isn't a compromise, it is selfishness due to your lack of ability to adapt to change.

With everyone having the ability to debuff everyone in their proper roles for 12 seconds with extremely lost costing powers and a confidence damage boost, and everyone having the debuffs to fight against their counter with the movement debuffs at a higher power cost and only lasting 6 seconds and having to sacrifice a real power for a movement power IS balanced. They have not done anything to the RPS system except balance it out and ensure everyone regardless of role, power choice, and team set up has a fighting chance.

Lastly, the "crutch" you keep referring to is the old RPS system, and it is long gone. You are one of the very few complaining about it. It is the same few people who need to just roll with the punches and adapt. Again, the team play aspect is still here, the RPS system is still here. Roles are still extremely important, and everyone can play the role and power set they want, what determines how well they succeed or fail is their skill, not their role or power set. That is balance. :)
  4. Giggles Loyal Player

The reason they put the crit caps in place was so that new players didn't get hosed by vet players with 150+ SPs and mods. I don;t believe they will ever be removed for this very reason. Not to mention matches aren't supposed to end to quickly, otherwise it is fun. On the flip side however, if they last too long and go the full time without a winner, then it is also not very fun.

PvP has a perfect pace right now, it is neither too quick or too slow. I believe it has finally found it's stride. With the removal of certain HT aspects in deathmatch, it will speed it up even further without prolonging the match either. I truely believe once PvP gear is the norm in PvP again, PvP as a whole will be much better.

That "buff others, don't nerf me" thing is exactly what you are doing. As the developers stated a long while ago, they fix things that are out of balance and bring them in line with the rest of the game, rather than tweak everything else up to the level of the broken mechanic. In this particular case, support roles were too strong against certain roles, now with debuffs available to everyone all roles have a pretty fair shot against any role, however the support roles still have a slight advantage over the role they are supposed to counter, but it is nothing that skill cannot overcome.

In short, this game was built around stat debuffs, so don't expect those to change. That is up there with how clipping works, it has been there so long that if they changed it they would risking a lot in doing so. You just need to accept PvP for what it is and move along and begin the process of adapting. This is not the first or last time PvP will change. :)
  5. Yallander Loyal Player

Many other games use stat % reductions so that calculations are reduced from the front end and not hard number reductions (like the 405 resto or the vit info Brice provided.) The %'s help ensure that gear doesn't progress past their effectiveness and usually it will have two classes of reductions:

1.) Short duration, high intensity (-75% healing for 3 seconds; -100% toughness for 3 seconds, etc)
    2.) Long duration, small intensity (-15% healing for 45 seconds; -25% toughness for 1 min, etc)

Usually the longer durations are group oriented and affect several people. It is possible in some games to actually have negative values. When this occurs the debuffs go beyond gear stats and start to dig into the base character numbers.

There is usually a longer cooldown on high intensity debuffs as well, so they cannot be spammed over and over where as longer ones are available to use sooner since typically cleanse mechanics remove them sooner.

These formats work well for max/min players as well as casuals because %'s are easier to remember than varying effects/numbers.
    • Like x 2
  6. furrinator New Player

you should see eups
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Any reason you are nercoring posts written A YEAR AGO ? Do you just actively go through the pages "Hmm this thing has been disccused and been completed OVER A YEAR AGO, let me bring it back up?".
    The post was made NOVEMBER, OF LAST YEAR.
    • Like x 1
  8. DG-MOD-17 New Player

Locking this as the thread is very old. Please do not reanimate dead threads.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.