Test Discussion PvP Adjustments - 12/11/2015

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi all,

We have created this new thread to track feedback and bug reports on the PvP adjustments on test. We need to be more clear about what is being adjusted right now, and what feedback we are looking for.

Here is what has been changed:

Arena PvP
    • Reduced the damage of Weapon Mastery attacks in Arena PvP
    • Removed the crit bonus after performing a Weapon Mastery attack in Arena PvP
    • Reduced the damage of Advanced Mechanics in Arena PvP
    • Removed Advanced Mechanic power regen in Arena PvP
    • Reduced the damage of hold combo weapon powers in Arena PvP
    o These include: Arrow Storm, Full Auto, Dual Flurry, Scissor Kick, Haymaker, Flip Slash, Mortar, Shield Uppercut, Two Footed Slam, Leaping Overhead Strike Combo, Downward Smash Combo, Mega Smash, Doom Spin, Smoke Bomb, and Spinning Punch.

And here is why: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/arena-pvp-changes-on-the-test-server.264758/

Here are some more changes that we expect to hit the test server later today:
    • Further reduced damage from AMs by 50%.
    • Reduced damage on DoTs from Nature, Electric, and Celestial
    • Correctly predicated/removed AM damage from Celestial
    • Reduced damage from Nature's Dog Form
    • Further reduced damage from WM and Big combos by 50%
    • Found and corrected a few other nature abilities that did not have the correct damage reduction in pvp
    If you have suggestions about what else to change, do, or add to PvP, this is not the appropriate thread.This thread is specifically for testing the changes we HAVE made and are focused on now, relating to the WM/AM adjustments. The intent right now is to improve PvP with these specific changes, not address every factor at once.

To help consolidate information for other potentially too-powerful abilities, please use this other thread.
    • Like x 11
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

More changes today:

• Like x 2
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

That's well put. I like this. :)
  4. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Just going to repost this here since it got cluttered into the last thread.
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

One question:

By Stat Standardization, what do you mean?
    Is that a sign of gear changes? Or is that just for the skilled players to make a decision on what should be done in that regard of balancing?
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Supreme,
    what he means is he wants us to all find a common ground on and test using that.

Example: We all agree to use 150 Skill Points to spec, 100 CR gear, and VI Expert Mods.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Ahh ok. Thanks for that :)
  8. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

Just made a new thread where we can get the people doing pvp tests to talk just on stats we use. Figured having a separate thread so it can be apart from regular feedback would be best considering they'll prob be back and forth on certain things.
    • Like x 1
  9. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Hi Mepps, starting to test:

1st one was with rage (Full 100cr PVP):
    Combo:
    Plasma retch into bloodlust (PI + prec Buf):

Handblaster discharge (AOE BB) into Outrage into E. Chain

Still 1 shot

(DPS had only 3195, in Live server they can go 3.5k+).

** We tested 10+ times and was a 1 swhot
    ++ Testing was done including the block break.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

HL Combo:
    Prec Buff (Inspiration) > Grasping hand > Fan > Claw>Hard Claw
    Prec is at 3.3k > 3.8k Buffed

We tested several times, and damage was quite similar.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Testing with Kody, Silver, Trumph and Carkus some other powers.

Gorilla Form Damage:

Why i think is powerful: Is hitting really really hard check the log.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Nature:

AM Dots are lasting 12 seconds and still doing AM damage. (Wolf form using carnage into roar/serpenth). This ticks up to 700k each.
    Gorilla Form hitting really hard.

Dots in General:
    They are lasting only 6 seconds, and not doing great damage. IMO and some others that are testing agree this should be brought back to full duration as it used to be (12 secodns).
    • Like x 2
  13. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

I recorded these the other day, so ignore if the changes were already made but..

For rage: revenge spin and outrage's extra measure damage needs to be adjusted.

For celestial: cleansed consume soul needs to have it's damage reduced considerably.

CC heavy skills need to be adjusted based on the power drain it causes the other team. For example, you can constantly stun an opposing team with arc lightning if you're electric healing. There's a cost for everyone having to breakout. This would be fine if every power did it, but for it to be specific to certain spammable powers seems imbalanced. I also remember pets like the turret and guardian causing team CC issues and power expenditure to breakout. I'd reduce the CC effect, limit it to the focus target, or remove the cost of power to breakout. This is a small change that has big consequences based on power efficiency.

Also, could someone please clarify: is there stat equalization for critical attack chance, damage, critical healing chance, magnitude, power, and so forth? Because as the skill point pools continue to swell, this is going to be an issue balance-wise. I would like to future proof the game from this kind of situation because it will deter new and upcoming potential PvPers. This also eliminates a huge PvE/PvP crossover problem that has existed since avatar gear.

I'd like a holistic approach to re-balancing the game. If we manage to do this, we could bring back role importance very close to the RPS system of the past without a whole lot of issues.
    • Like x 2
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

There were some changes that hit test earlier today.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ember-11-2015-episode-20.264879/#post-3509285
    PVP Combat – PC TEST ONLY
    • Fixed an issue where occasionally munitions would get its AM damage in an arena.
    • Further reduced damage from AMs by 50%.
    • Reduced damage on DoTs from Nature, Electric, and Celestial.
    • Removed AM damage from Celestial.
    • Reduced damage from Nature's Dog Form.
    • Further reduced damage from WM and Big combos by 50%.
    • Fixed a few other nature abilities that didn’t have the correct damage reduction in pvp.

Anything tested from before this hotfix need to be retested before posting on it here.
    • Like x 1
  15. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

16. Kreonix Active Player

Nature healing is suffering hard now. The power cost in PvP definitely needs to be looked at because it's nearly impossible to keep up in heals. Sorcery and electricity are now the #1 healer powers. Pulling the power regeneration from bug form pretty much made bug form and nature healing useless.
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Sorcery vs Nature: dots seem Fine dog form Still not losing any power And hitting Hard
    The Pet my league said it was hitting him hard,and it did almost wipe out his health bar might need a little adjusting.
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Last one for tonight, Primal Wolf Vs Celestial Primal wolf Dots were hitting Hard, And there is a melee combo that hit For 5k-6k in that Form there's more in the video i forgot what else" take like 30 mins to upload, i think my league mate said That two celestial combo's almost took out his health Fast.

19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

PM me please
    Celestial is suffering the same exact thing. Been suffering ever since the McB/BcM overnerf
  20. Kreonix Active Player

I will just reiterate would I told Monarch.

Nature really doesn't have the ability to really burst heal compared to electricity and sorcery. If you try to burst heal it takes a succession of powers to be able to do so. With electricity and sorc you can burst heal using 2-3 powers.

For example:
    Arc Lightning ->Electroburst provides a huge burst heal
    Shard->Transmute->RW+Watcher heals provides a lot of healing.

Circle of protection is pretty much equal to two of nature's main heals metabolism/savage growth. The main burst heal on nature (harvest) cannot even remotely touch the burst healing on Elec/Sorcery. The overall power usage on nature healing in human form / bug form needs to be cut down by at least half or the HoTs buffed in PvP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.