Put LFG back on default tab

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jul 13, 2018.

1. useless Well-Known Player

Yes,LFG is a must by default,it's one of most important things in game,and with the lack of tutorials in game would make life much easier.And yes google is your friend but at given time ppl encounter problem and hope community on default chat will help them.
    Mazahs said ppl asking stupid stuff,there are no stupid questions just stupid answers.Whats LFG?Wheres vault?What does TTBn mean?.....They are puzzeld atm and seek help.
    I still hate,couse i'm on PS4,that i have to google which part of collection i'm missing....But finding out a LFG chat in settings made my gaming time better and easier.Bottom line yes,LFG by default and please take some of your time to answer "stupid" questions before you redirect them to google :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

There should be a default lfg tab by itself. Not having one is actually a break away from mmo tradition.

You go to a new mmo and you have all these tabs(global,area,general,pm etc) that you want to figure out how to delete the the extra ones. That gives players at least the option/heads up that they have that type of chat tab available.

New people come here and all they got is chat, combat, and loot. Then having to go through a small hassle of setting up LFG in the option menu. Doesn't matter if they can do a quick youtube search or not. There should at least be a LFG separate.
    • Like x 2
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

All for this. I'm one that would rather set up groups, then que. Rather than que for a random group. Anything to help newer players is good with me.

Heck, our chat tabs need an overhaul anyway. I remember starting the game and feeling lost in that options screen.
    • Like x 1
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

This is a perfect example of what I posted here the other day. is there anything wrong with using google to find answers to things? NO But what i was referring to was that some poor brand new player that (as example0 just completed his very first set of missions from his Mentor and is now being instructed to go to Gotham and contact (whoever) to get the next mission. When he or she arrived in the safe house they took that very special tour that Oracle gives them and were shown where the vendor is.. and then... NOTHING else. Which means they have no clue where the teleporter is because it was never mentioned and no idea that they can hop on it and warp to any of the other 4 city zones or the Watch Tower. Then they make the totally horrible mistake of using SHOUT.. (after they discover that even exists because have any of you ever created a character and been instructed that there even is a SHOUT or how to access it when you first arrive in game?) They type in the question "How do i get to Gotham City?" And three of four of those lovely players that spend half their lives hanging out in Little Bohemia seeing just how gross and disgusting they can be launch a series of attacks on everything from the new guys intelligence to the stuff about the poor players Mom and Sister. At some point the comment "Look it up on Google you dumb a**.

Now in that same amount of time , probably less, any one of them could have just typed in "Go to Police Station and use telepad" Some how they have time to belittle and abuse anyone with the nerve to be new and NOT have a clue what is going on thanks to the highly information tutorial they just went through <---- totally sarcastic in case you were not aware. And actually have the gall to assume that in a supposedly team oriented game there may be some one out there nice enough to answer their questions.

The ONLY time I will not take a moment to answer anyone's question while I am in game is if i am engaged in combat. Perfectly will to lend a hand when ever I can but no desire to have a bounty half dead and then wind up on one knee because I stopped to type in a reply to a question. The really amazing part is some players act like the NOOBS are on shout constantly asking "dumb questions" I exobit hunt and bounty hunt every single night and spend about an hour at least in Gotham and Metropolis just about every day. Now I realize there are 23 other HOURS in that same day but I can go for weeks or even months before I even see anyone asking a so called dumb question.
    • Like x 1
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Over a year ago I didn't know how to use it but had friend's help me . But before that I had a friend always find people for groups for raids and stuff. I said omg bro your like so popular you know all these people lmao lol ^-^ .

But I notice to still allot of folks don't know how to use it.
  7. Ghostnote New Player

So how do you add LFG tab to chat? I've tried and just can't figure it out. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm dumb. I have googled it but never got it to work.

And I agree. This game needs some help in the tutorial department.

Thanks for helping.
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

I would think a better suggestion is add this as a tip to the loading screen tips and/or to the message of the day and more educate on how to customize chat settings in general. IE teach someone to fish instead of giving them a fish.
  9. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I agree that it should be default.
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

i agree it should definitely be there but on the other hand it might be a little overwhelming to a new player who is seeing all these things just popping up on there screen leaving them confused.

Maybe have LFG automatically turned on once you complete the story and reach level 30.
  11. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

If it just has its own tab by default it’s a no-brainer, though.

• Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Chat settings, scroll down to default, edit, highlight LFG, select it so the square turns green, save and exit.
  13. Ghostnote New Player

Thank you!!!

I've been doing wrong. I was trying to make/join by makeing a custom channel.
    • Like x 1
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

15. Thundermancer New Player

I agree with this post! And ill add my gripes with this game. I purchased DCUO early in its lifecycle but got tired of it when I hit 30 and the story just ended. Ive been coming back go the game and stopped several times over the years.

The game finally clicks with me now. I have a familly now and this MMO allows me to play casually. Pugging raids is fun for me.

I returned 2 weeks ago and used the free 172 on one of my characters. Om not a good DCUO player. Ive looked up rotations and such but I player very casually and a bit lazy ill admit.

Here is my issue with DCUO though. First its the IMO death of storyline at 30. I get it. We are JL members and We help with crisises around the universe. But why do my character care to queue up for all this random content ? It feels a bit forced to me.

Now to my real issue; where is the raid journal in this game? Why do I have to go to Google to look up fights? Why is the game cluttered with so many currencies? All this does is cresting currency bloat which does nothing but pile even more bloat on a game that already heavily suffer of it.

Should I bother with mods at my current CR.
    Why isnt there a way to visually track my burns as fire?. How long does poison last? Did I hit the whole group wirh that ability? If not why did i miss some?

And thats my issue with this otherwise great game.
    Why is the information not in the game? Why cant I look in a journal to figure out what a boss does so I dont have to be oneshotted cause I missed a block or stood in the wrong place?

The lack of visual feedback in this game as a whole really grinds my gears.
  16. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Such a seemingly easy fix. Shame this gets ignored. At least tell us it’s not as easy to implement as we think it is?
    • Like x 1
  17. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Uh no it doesn’t LMAO. Trade chat yeah that was cancer, but LFG is mostly business. Most of the people there that don’t have CR requirements barely ever discriminate unless of course the player requesting to join the group isn’t high enough to even do the content, or if they need a specific role. I’m sure most elitists already know LFG exists anyway but they already have their little elitist groups/leagues that make LFG not worth their time.
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

LFG, while it has one UI in-game, on a console or PC... seems counterproductive... to me....who does not use a console and thinks that chat on a console would be cumbersome and awkward to the point of avoidable? Seriously curious. I've never used a console pad for chat... except netflix searches, more or less.... [IMG]
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

then again there are systems in the game that have scrolling Feat titles.... this games UI has issues with using space. Whole screen vs UI borders. dpi ftw.

first one i found...
    I remember that. :p