Put common materials in Lockboxes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ahhh makes sense. I completed pretty much all of the styles so there isn't anything really left for me. What I think would help to is if they made all the styles tradebale.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Ok agreed on more materials for sure. I can only agree with putting them in the lockboxes if the loot table is adjusted. What are the chances of getting the new common material? Very slim as those slim auras... if they can remove all common styles and only have the faction exclusive styles/special styles (demon's tail) then okay I'd be down for it.

And I want to add to your list of materials:
    ~Scales
    ~Glow (Like the skin)
    ~Spirit (Think Gentleman Ghost/Vengeful Spirits)
    ~Chrome (Like the skin)
    ~Crystal
    ~Energy (Think of Energy Armor

Hmm these are the "basic" materials I can think off, I want to add Water but I guess that doesn't qualify as basic and I doubt they'll make that material easy to acquire. I must say though, a few you listed are coming in some time..
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

That means you play less than 6 hours. So if you do about 1hr of gameplay, that's over 6 days before you get one.

Upping the drop rate would help improve getting the last styles people need from it, but it unfortunately doesn't fix the actual problem. There are styles in there that can be acquired very easy in game. There are styles in there that count towards no feat. There is lair items that should be completely removed, as they don't count towards any feat.

What would fix them?
    • Bring back jewelry in them. It will be like the TC gear. Where they attune to one lower than best vendor. It would help with alts.
    • Remove all the dang bloating styles and lair items. So you can actually get styles that you would need.
    • Either increase marks, because MoV don't matter anymore, or let it be like it used to and scale to your CR to give you 1 of current cr mark. (IE, less than 166 would give MoV, 166+ would give Ancient Coin.)

Just these three would improve lockboxes.
    • Like x 6
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would prefer to have them on the MP so that we could get the Mat we want as oppose to wait until we get lucky.
    But sure.... they could add new stuff in the Lockboxes.
  5. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Hmmm.... Add plastic and glass to that list.

Does it come in black? :cool:
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

+1 from me, But Please don't let this affect the cross-faction style drop-rate.

I subbed for the Flash Cowl and the Cross-faction styles, As much as I like this idea I don't want the RNG being all over the place and interrupting me from getting the desired cross-faction styles that I'd want.

That's something I really despise about time capsules and I certainly don't want it to happen for lockboxes
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

I support the idea. Sadly devs will just take your material ideas and put them in a booster bundle or the next TC
    • Like x 1
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I am sure all of those will be in a booster bundle and or time capsules(money).
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Player Base be like:
    [IMG]

Developers Jackster be like:
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

While they don't provide earth shattering benefit i still find the lockboxes useful. i still finish off style feats on alts because of them and the cross faction gear is nice. If we were to change the contents i'd like to see them start dropping items like total recovery kits, r and d and radar scanners and even stabilizers. Gear mods should be moved out of trks and into these as well.

I'd really like to see at least one or two basic materials PUT ON THE MARKETPLACE. One metallic and one matte to help players pull mismatched styles together. You know, that great looking armor chest piece would look so great with those legs except that the textures dont match. Players should be able to have easy access to a style item like that. At least one.
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. RLManuel Committed Player

I think it would be better to add those materials to the MP. Charge 5,10,15 and let people finally get to chose what they what instead of having them deal with RNG. I'd buy all of them if they looked nice, idk about cotton though lol I'd have to see how it looks,
    • Like x 1
  13. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

Increase the Demon Tail drop rate & I'll be happy. Took me 2+ years to finally get one, just need 2 more...
  14. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

15. Roocck Committed Player

Everything in this game has outstanding prices. Collections, Styles, Feats etc... etc... everything should go on the market place. Why not? It is a P2W MMO game!!
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

Fixed that for you.
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

You are correct!

TC Ressurgence

"Each of these Time Capsules are unchanged from when Booster Gold originally sent them through the multiverse"

YET

"In addition to each Time Capsule's original contents"

This is an oxymoron, and a tad bit untrue in reality since they also contain new items bloating the loot table.

Before anyone says it,,,,,,,,,,,

yeah it's just my perception from "receiving" crafting items for T7 R&D that weren't dropping in the original "unchanged" TCs, QTCs and the ATCs.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Close enough. But they did ditch the lockboxes because they didn't sell any keys after they bloated the loot table and removed any reason to be excited to have one opened.
    • Like x 1
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You know I got that out of a Prom Box about 2 weeks ago and was like, "What the hell is this?". Been playing the game for like 6 years and had no clue that thing even existed. lol.
    • Like x 1