PUG the seasonal event today.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FEARtheSPUR, May 7, 2014.

1. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Funniest thing happen. The pugs i were with had no idea how to run this. They all just keep attacking him in the middle. SMH. Ignore group chat....

It took everyone of them getting KO for swamp thing to finally get in the gas. Glad that 2/3 left after getting KO. I solo him.

Why can i not walk into this event? Why cannot i pull him into the gas?

I dont know if a can take 2 more weeks of this.
  2. Solutha New Player

I was lucky and had 120 marks saved up from the previous year so I get to skip it this year.
    • Like x 3
  3. Alexonic Committed Player

i still don't get why devs don't give us the possibility to get into an instance solo....
    or with less players the instance requires
    • Like x 6
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

went in with 3 dps and me as the healer and my pull move actually worked so we got done rather quickly.
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I did the event 4 time yesterday and the first was FANTASTIC.. competed in under 3 minutes with NO problems at all.

And then things went down hill .. The second run, with my CR 102 Troller wasn't too bad. No deaths and we were done pretty quick.. sometimes its not that players don't KNOW what to do It's trying to Get Swamp Thing to join in the fun. Four of us all by the red mist and the dang guy would NOT come over. LOL We managed to convince him.

After that it got stranger. I was on my CR 100 DPS and was TRYING to get the Swamp thing to follow me to the Mist but spent more time blocking or picking my self back up from a knockdown and by the time I got there .. the mist was coming up somewhere else

Last run for the evening was with a CR 95 Troll. My buddy and I knew what to do but, as mentioned by the OP, the other two guys were convinced they could take him down in the middle. This run took the longest but eventually we did manage to convince them to TRY it our way and OMG .. he died Imagine that!

$ runs with different characters No death but widely varied times involved and degrees of knowledge on what to do and how to do it.
  6. Proto1118 Committed Player

Pretty much what happened to me today too. I'm trying to get Swampy to come to me but 2 idiots keep on blocking him and attacking him. Before you know it, he was hitting for almost 4K. Took a wipe for them to get the idea.
  7. Statman New Player

I had this happen yesterday (yet to do it today), but I'm glad I can just change to Tank stance when this happens, lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

same thing happens 2 me. How hard is it 2 read the chat and listen2 people? I dont like saying this but wow there r some real idiots playing dcuo atm
  9. Ice Lantern New Player

Because they want us to carry people so they don't get frustrated a quit the game.
    • Like x 3
  10. RiskVsReward New Player

I spent the whole instance yelling at everyone today... In the chat box. I swear, nobody bothers to read that
    • Like x 1
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

I was in one of those situations where the others were overgeared for the Alert yet had no clue what to do other than keep whacking at him. One of the others caught on, but it took way too long for the gear everyone was at it (I think the lowest might have been T3 by how he was acting). I think by maybe the second Zero I'd consumed (for power, not health) they finally cottoned on luring him into the gas.

It doesn't help that Swampie seems to reset aggro really fast.
  12. KidMidnight Loyal Player

still not as bad as the first halloween seasonal right after we went ftp...

if youre t5 it takes like three seconds to burn swamp thing down once his protection is off.

too bad that penetrating strikes won't let us go jor el on swampy
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLoneLantern New Player

The pew pew pew is so bad, people don't realize they're only hitting for 1 damage each time...
    • Like x 1
  14. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

There's a bunch of those people around lately ;) I also don't get the "chat" complains here - it's not needed at all. Even the tech NPCs say "Get him to the fumes before...." or something like that - if people don't understand they don't understand - no matter if ingame "briefing", voice chat, chat box....

Had a 2 min run on the other hand, so there's still people around who know what to do :D (worst was over 12 mins)

However, you should keep in mind: If all you ask for in LFG and building leagues etc is high CR the community itself will breed this sorta players.
    • Like x 2
  15. kingmasternova Loyal Player

If u could have solo'd it then u shouldn't had to get ko'd the 1st time
  16. HermanRuth New Player

I'm lucky enough to have saved my PS3s. Create a couple of lowbie accounts just to group with and get me in there. Just gotta lay out those controllers so you know what's what.
  17. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Similar issue with some new players; they had no idea what to do or how to defeat Swamp Thing. And really, this seasonal event is probably the most explicit ever - the hazmat guy TELLS AND SHOWS you what to do in the beginning, and throughout, the instance. After we failed the first time our tank voted to disband! SMH.
  18. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

I didnt get KO that time. Everyone else did.

But he will rage if you dont get him down fast enough. I was on my t6 dps. It took about 15 sec to wipe him out once he got into the gas.
  19. Harry Seaward New Player

WHAT! YOU CAN FAIL AT THE SEASONAL?
  20. Joykiller Dedicated Player

You can with some new players (and I was on one of my <LVL 30 alts....). :(