PUG & Que Groups - clarification on these terms

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Entrust, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Entrust Committed Player

I have seen people refer to the groups that form in a variety of ways. One of the more broadly used terms is PUG.

My understanding is that PUG comes from the acronym Pick-Up-Group. Meaning a group put together manually through chat (LFG, Shout, etc).

I have seen others use it to refer to groups they are placed with through the On-Duty menu.

While others use it to refer to ANY group of ppl not familure with each other (non-league / non-friend)

So, I'm interested to see how members of this forum define PUG.

Thank you for your feedback.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It seems to vary in all the ways you described. I use 'PUG' for LFG formed groups. I'll use 'random queue' for on duty queue formed groups. Other forum members seem to interchange them in different ways.
    • Like x 2
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

All those examples fall under the umbrella term PUG.

If you don't know every person on your team, there's some Pugging going on somewhere ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

A PUG is anyone I'm unfamiliar with. Usually preceded by "Ew a"
    • Like x 6
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

All are correct. If not a league run its a pug.
    • Like x 2
  6. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

PUG, derived from the words "Pick up group" refers to a group that you assembled from the playerbase, but whose members were not known to you or, at the very least, not regular players with who you are used to run.

Queue generated groups, well, a bit more self-explanatory, is a group with random players assembled through the Queue system.

But yeah, as you stated in your OP, the community seems to freely use the terms according (apparently) to the mood they are in and how troublesome the run was.:p
    • Like x 1
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

PUG is On-Duty-Tab que up. You never know who you going to run with.

As for LFG - I call that Formed Group, etc...as you can look up players to check on stats, etc...and you maybe booted or not picked up but that is an option.

I remember I picked up a tank that had only gear for DPS for BN. I do not check on players for newest content, I expect you to have at least half a brain to play your role if you send me a tell stating you are a tank, healer or troll. A few times over the past year when I form a group I end up kicking one of the support roles simply because they want to be a DPS and not a support player, I mean do not have gear for the support role. Shame on you all...LOL...
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

Pug can be all of them. Depending on the content I will either LFG or blind queue pug into groups.
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

While "Pug Group" can mean all that you've stated, to me a pug group = queue up group. Basically, you get what you get with no control over number of roles, or CR, or SP, or power set, or skill, etc.

If you use LFG, then the group has control over who gets in. Because of this, to me at least, "LFG Groups" are not pug groups.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i like differentiating. for me "pugging" and all that is forming groups from LFG or calling to be picked up by a group. Its random but its not that random. you have a chance to see who you're running with.

A Blind Queue comes from your on duty tab. You have no control who you end up with.
  11. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Anyone outside of league/friends is a pug.
    • Like x 2
  12. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

A PUG is any group with people I don't know. This goes for solo queue and lfg pick ups - I've heard of most people though.
  13. megamanzero Loyal Player

well thats disrespectful
  14. David Ivanenko Committed Player

PUG = LFG/Shout group.
    Blind/Random queue = On Duty menu.
    League/Friends run = Self explanatory.