PSA to all the new gadget trolls.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FEARtheSPUR, Sep 4, 2014.

1. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Its not cool to encase everything. Also do not run in front of the tank and encase everything before we can pull...SMH. Your first move should NEVER be an encasement.

So nice to get everything finally group together and then troll encases again and they just roll away. Encasement into sticky bomb..... SMH

Also when they break out you cannot pull them. Just ran breach like this the whole time. Fun fun....

TLDR DO NOT USE ENCASEMENTS AKA STASIS FIELD.
    • Like x 3
  2. Little Sister New Player

It depends on the type of DPS really. It's not a rule set in stone. Ice DPS like encasements usually. Nature can DoT right through them, etc.
    • Like x 3
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

I could troll you with thought bubble or entrap as well. Hell with entrap I smash them even further. Or Cryokinesis+Cryokinesis entrap them, then throw them away with Telekinesis.
    I could telekinesis the artifacts right into the boss if you like. Or freeze them in time before you pulled them.
    I could scatter them with Singularity in a blink of an eye. I could pull them away from you.

tl;dr: Leave Gadgets alone. It's an error on the players end. So many ways to troll as a (con)troll(er).

:p
    • Like x 4
  4. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

That only RG. Most ice dps do not even run that, i know i dont.

Those power are not FOTM. And yes light had this same problem when they updated that power.

Also there is only one way to play as a troll. That giving power. THAT IS YOUR MAIN JOB.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

I stay with FOTGOT. Besides, It's not even op, thought that's what makes FOTMs :)

After all it's just a player based problem. Noone who trolls often would use SF, Entrap, TB for debuffing/stunning. I know there might be situations, but then, nope there aren't much.

So to adapt your threads spirit: Gadget Controllers! Use Gauss Grenade for DefDebuffs and not Stasis Field!
    PUG people: If you see Gadget CCs using SF, votekick them and tell them I told you to do so.

Just kidding on the last part though :p
  6. Radium Devoted Player

Sticky+Encasements are hilarious.
    • Like x 3
  7. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

It even funnier to just dont pull them back. Hey tank can you get this add off me. 5 deaths later... he still doing it.... SMH....
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Lol how did the trolls get ahead of the tank?
    • Like x 6
  9. Captain Neos Committed Player

All this is symptomatic of trolls being an afterthought in game. All the toys we have should allow us to be the most creative class out there but nope, don't stun these or I wont get aggro, don't encase these, point your camera in the opposite direction when you have to pot.

This games not big enough for trolls and tanks! Lol but in all seriousness we sure have a lot of red tape covering our shiny toys.
    • Like x 3
  10. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

In breach waiting on other DPS to get there.

really the only reason i stayed in there was a beast dps in the group and it went fast. I needed the marks to get the last piece of 94 gear.

Sign of a good troll!

I do that exact same thing when trolling to keep POT up and also on my healer to put the circle where i want it.
  11. Prindacerk Committed Player

I disagree with this statement completely. That is not the only way to play as a troll. While giving power out is important for troll, the secondary troll's main job also includes crowd control. Just running around giving power is not what Troller does. They are not just batteries. It's why they have Crowd Control abilities and no decrease in their DPS (like healers or tank get).

As a gadget troller in my main, I don't use bubble or encasement. That's my choice and I do good with my routine using my loadout. But I get frustrated when some players think all a troller is supposed to do is give power. We have other responsibilities as well in the group and when some player who just dumps all their power without any weapon attacks yells at the troller for more Power, it pisses me off. We are not a mobile battery for other players.
    • Like x 6
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I can list some reasons, and I'll probably have missed a few in the process. At the bottom will be the reason you are assuming. That doesn't make the others any less likely.
    1. Tank was juggled in the most recent fight just before the adds/boss went down.
    2. Tank was stuck in combat longer than the troller who stopped fighting before the tank did.
    3. Tank was waiting on other group members to catch up (applies to this thread).
    4. Tank was not good at leading the group and staying ahead of the action.
    • Like x 1
  13. NCR RANGER New Player

Fear Gas enncasements are an entirely different story. Obviously you run with garbage gadgeteers.
  14. NCR RANGER New Player

Instant power should be removed entirely.
  15. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Long time controller healer tank dps here!
    Controllers army needed for control any hum drum tank can more then handle a raid. Controllers aren't really the best at killing stuff eather :( all that's left is pick ups and throwing power . He'll gadgets dps don't even need that any more they can power themselfs lol
  16. Cable Committed Player

Actually for some dps it's VERY cool for the troll to encase everything. I've probably said to much already lol -_-
    • Like x 2
  17. Prindacerk Committed Player

Controller plays multiple roles unlike others. Healer looks after the health of the group. Tank is focused on keeping the NPCs off other players. DPS is focused on killing the NPCs. Controller has to give power, Crowd Control if there are NPCs that the Tank didn't reach (after all, Tank can't keep the aggro on all the NPCs), and also play pickup on players who are down (which requires shield/cc and support from healer). Not saying other roles aren't important enough. But Controller is not just a Battery. That's the point I'm trying to make across. Telling them to be the power provider only is not right.
    • Like x 2
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Using Bubbles is one of the most fun thing there is.

Lots of fun to put NPCs in Bubbles and send them flying to the other end of the map.

Sadly..... many do not know how to play when someone is using Bubbles.

Many have the bad habit of chasing the Bubbles.

No.

Just let the Bubble go and move on to another target.

But too often people will target an NPC and somehow they must kill that ONE target and no other.

When you see a NPC in a Bubble.... just go to another target.

And if the Bubble bounces to the end of the map...... do not chase it.

Either the NPC will die in the Bubble..... or he will break free at some point and he will come back.

No need.... no need at all to run after it.

I guess playing with Bubbles require a certain amount of patience that sadly most DCUO players do not have..... at all.
    • Like x 4
  19. Ice Lantern New Player

No, no, and no. Even as an Ice DPS I hate encasements.

1) A lot of us do not use Resonating Gale.
    2) Even if we did, we don't want to stop in the middle of our WM combo just to burst your bubble.

They really should just get rid of encasements and replace it with another CC effect.
  20. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Hate to break your heart but this just isnt true. You are lying to yourself if you really believe it.

As a tank no time EVER do i want the troll to CC my adds. Unless this is A&B or prime. You can have the man hunters and CC them all day. Everything else i can handle. If you think your CC move where they break out in 1 second is helping? LOL

Okay lets say you CC that add that you said the tank missed and lets see how this plays out. You stun him for 1-2 sec. No burrn is on this add because dps will focus on the 5 others around the tank. Also when he breaks out he cannot be pulled. But as a tank i might not have seen this so i hit pull twice because i think the first one didnt connect. Tank do not have a large power pool. Now the tank is low of power and this add with dual pistol is hitting everyone with full auto from the other side of the group. Now do i lunge him for across the map and leave the 5 other adds to come through the group..... Better solution is to get a mic and say tank can you get this add. No problem!

Trolling you are a battery and really i do not care if you even debuff. If everyone has power then you can debuff or play with your 1-2 sec stuns.

Trolling main and only job is giving power. If trolls were given a second job it pick ups. As a tank healer or dps no time every did i say we need more CC...LOL!

When quantum trolling the only CC moves i use are POT move that stuns[tachyon burst] around the tank and singularity[defense debuff] that i put right on the tank to pull things towards him and a juggle. Those moves are not used to CC. Those moves are there for POT and defense debuff. CC is just an added bonus.