PSA (Keep you AM up!)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIThe QuestionII, Feb 29, 2016.

1. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Every year, thousands of trolls die from depowerization.

Depowerization is caused amongst other things for an irresponsible use of the AMs.

Every time you drop your AM or ignore your power back mechanics, trolls in your group are forced to work twice as hard to keep you and only you powered, which will in turn steal power from the rest of the group, often times from group members who critically need it.
    This will lead to a depowerizated troll and may end up having serious consequences, like fallen group members or even death of entire groups.

What can YOU do to stop depowerization?

It’s really simple! By reading your powers description, you will find the way you can activate and keep an activate AM during battle, this will help by not pushing the troll to unnecessarily dump power on your unnecessarily empty bar.

Take care of your troll! Keep your AM up!

This PSA comes to you courtesy of the Multiversal Asociation for Controller Rights, Any manufacturing, production, distribution, rental, or charge for use of the material presented without express written consent of the National Association for Gun Rights is not really prohibited or punishable by law.

Permission or use of excerpts of our public service announcement can be given either for a limited time or unlimited time because honestly we don’t really keep track of these things.
    • Like x 11
  2. Black5pider Active Player

Once I was in a raid (I am Troll) and some people started asking for power... I answered with "dude AM"...

I was told that tanks don't have AMs... Is that true?
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yep
    • Like x 3
  4. Forsaken Mentalist Well-Known Player

I don't usually see support roles using am. Could be wrong. Unless you find the occasional person who lives in duality. Ie: Healer with an am etc. not quite a dps, not quite a healer.

When I troll, my focus is the healer and tank. If a dps losses too much power by not using am, I try and help, but they're not my priority.
    Except sorcery. I usually have to watch out for them.
    • Like x 1
  5. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Yeah, not all support roles have AM yet, which is why power should be focused on them, the PSA goes to all those DPSes out there who for unexplainable reasons often drop AM and don't pick it up until they comboed, or some of them who seem oblivious to the existance of such sorcery as "power return".
    Extra urgency on fights that tax trolls such as PBe and the like :D
    • Like x 2
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I sense sarcasm
    • Like x 1
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Thumbs up for the tongue in cheek :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

9. LT Schmitt Committed Player

I thought the AM for Healer / Tank / Troll were colas
    • Like x 4
  10. Super Parrot Level 30

If I wanna do ****** damage and use lots of power, I will.
    *slurps gravy*
    • Like x 1
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

There once was a time the only power people got was from trolls, thats when trolls actually had to work. Suck it up buttercup this is easy mode compared to how things used to be.
    • Like x 4
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

In all honesty trolls have it easy compared to older days. If they can't handle it currently o well
    • Like x 1
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Build a more balanced group makeup instead of having one troll for your group: 2222, 3221
    Maybe those damagers could come up with more damaging builds if they weren't using silly things like Battle Display and Cold Snap that do little or no damage. Maybe with two trolls, and power recovery, damagers could penetrate armor, and people wouldn't take as much damage. Maybe healers and tanks won't be starving for power, with a balanced group either, despite that they're practically the only ones using it.
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

Not every time it's because people don't know how to use their AM, Light players for example (and until GU 57 is released sometime now and within the next winter solstice) stand to lose power a lot when trying to DPS, as every attack can be blocked, countered or the simplest mistake could cause them to miss the combo and have to start all over their AM.
  15. Gwendolyn Active Player

Controllers used to be able to handle giving power even before AM and WM was a thing. Now some have gotten lazy and can't handle giving power anymore even though most DPS barely need power. You got 1 troll, 1 healer, and 1 tank that needs power and they can't even do that. And that is in a group of 8...
    • Like x 3
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

But... but.... what if you have to troll a celestial dps that needs to restart the AM/powerbback after every little interruption because of the non existing window? :( Those Rage/HL/Munitions ppl are lucky...
    • Like x 3
  17. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I don't understand AM's as much as WM but I have noticed with Mental, it's best to wait until power regen has gone completely through before performing the next power. As Celestial, it seemed I did not have to wait since comboing fills the gap between the "waiting period".

Bottom Line: So the process of executing AM's may need to be slowed down to fully benefit from their power regeneration.
  18. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Yes, a lot of players should ready about their powers....

The AM give to the Controller his real potential, like, stunning enemies, debuff them, saving people etc. Because of the AM, I was moding my controller gear at yellows with Dominance & Vitalization, and at the bottom on skills I was picking vitallization and the dominance/health too. O lost just a few points in my P.O.T., a really insignificant number. Was really amazing this, I was really controlling the battlefield.
    • Like x 1
  19. blacklisted87 Active Player

I find healers to be the most cause of my stress as a troll. They spam heals constantly, even when the he group is full or close to full. Not sure if they are hitting the moves as soon as they come off cooldown but the lose power quick. I use brawler wm and it times up nicely with the cd of recharge so I feel if my regular recharge and pot aren't enough for you then you need to try and manage your power better.
    • Like x 1
  20. megamanzero Loyal Player

or let them dps how they want and stop being a lazy troll. we used to be able to give power before AM and WM. dont act like you cant now. you just need to practice to get better. and a dps wouldnt be stealing any power from anyone who needs it unless the troll is bad. power over time goes to everyone and power dump goes to the 3 lowest power bars. if you have 4+ people in your group who are low on power then thats really on the troll.
    • Like x 1