PSA: Don't use your Venom Wrist Dispenser to rank up other artifacts.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Zamara, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Zamara Dedicated Player

For those who don't care much about numbers i'll leave the TLDR: You'll get more XP from using it to rank up replacements if you have it above rank 80 after the update. At least TWICE the XP you can get from it WITH the current bonus and FOUR times the XP you would get normally.

First this is from the post made by the devs:
    According to the Dev's update with the next game update your artifact will be boosted:

"Gift #2: Venom Wrist Dispenser Boost

Players who have a Venom Wrist Dispenser at or above rank 80 will automatically have their artifact boosted to a higher rank.
    • If your Venom Wrist Dispenser is between rank 80 and 100, it will be boosted to rank 120.
    • If your Venom Wrist Dispenser is between rank 101 and 140, it will be boosted to rank 160.
    • If your Venom Wrist Dispenser is between rank 141 and 160, it will be boosted to rank 200 (maximum rank).
    We want to invite players to continue using the still powerful Venom Wrist Dispenser or, if not, provide more Artifact XP to transfer into a different artifact."

Click here to see the full post from them.

I did the maths and if you wait for the update you may get way more XP from it than you'd get now with the 2x bonus.

I'm using this as a source to get the XP numbers: https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/artifacts

Say your VWD artifact is barely above rank 80, to get to rank 80 you need around 40k XP, normally using it to rank up another artifact would give you half of that artifact's XP (which is 20k) but right now with the bonus it gives you the full 40k, why? because 2 times 50% is 100%.
    BUT if you wait for the update it'll be boosted from 80 up to 120 (120 requires exactly 167659XP but we'll round it to 168k) more than 4 times the 40k from rank 80), without the double XP bonus we have rn it gives you half of that which is 84k.

For those who have it between rank 101 to 140, it'll get boosted to 160 (currently max rank). Getting to rank 101 requires around 82.5k XP and would normally give you 41.25k XP when using it as XP, but once it gets boosted to 160 (which requires 679k XP) with the update it will give you about 340k XP.

Now for those who have it between 141 to 160, it will be boosted to the max rank, being 200 which from what i've seen posted here in the forums takes 1680k XP to get and would get you 840k XP instead of right now that if you fed it into an artifact would only get you ~190k XP if you had it at barely 140 or ~340k XP if you had it at 160.

Now that's assuming they boost them barely above said ranks. It could be even more XP depending on how they do it, and of course you need all the catalysts to rank them up but all that XP is definetly worth the wait if you're planing on replacing that artifact with a new one.

Resuming:
    Rank 80 to 100 will get up to 120 and get ~168k XP or 84k XP to boost another artifact
    Rank 101 to 140 will go up to 160 and get ~679k XP or ~340k XP to boost another artifact
    Rank 141 to 160 will go up to 200 and get ~1680k XP or ~840k XP to boost another artifact.

Corrected a few values i had way too off, but the point still stands, if you're not using other stuff to level them up wait until after the update.
    • Like x 4