Ps5 client: Any news at all?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrYsiS44, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I believe they boxed themselves in to a corner. The PS5 client was already late from originally promised, so a new launch time of the first quarter of 2024 was given. They worked on it right up till the end of March ( the end of the First Quarter ) and to save face, Management released it in I guess what would be called “the best possible state currently”. Corporations do this kind of stuff all the time when they miss original product deployment deadlines. They now claim they released it in the FIrst Quarter of 2024, and all of these bugs are surprises to them, although I suspect for those in the know who worked on development these bugs where no surprise.

It’s release now and apologize later. Let the player base find the missing bugs and we’ll patch later kind of situation.
    • Like x 4
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Hoping to see some info pop up here soon.
    • Like x 1
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The funny thing is, I have seen it all the time as a software developer at multiple companies. It's become the usual mindset because all the big corporations go that route, so people who go to school for computer science, software engineering, etc. see it in the software they use and learn bad habits from their own use cases.

My last boss said we couldn't do things that way because our product actually could cause life or death situations. Guess what? He still pushed people to do things that way often enough to make me wonder if it was a 'do as I say and not as I do' situation.
    • Like x 2
  5. BathroomPapi Level 30

Not only does the PS4 emulator work better on the 5 than the ps5 client, the ps4 works better than both of those. Its wild.
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It's wild that at first there were threads using the title (Ps5 client: Any news at all?) wondering when it will be released, and now it's being used where everyone is asking when it will be useABLE. Crazy.
    • Like x 1
  7. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

SILENCE. What is crazy is that you play on XBOX and left the game but still troll the forums and FB.
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

What's crazy is you think I'm trolling, refuse to read my posts, and argue with people who agree with you. In which is in fact means "trolling" is what you are doing.
  9. Thewoe Well-Known Player

I have the PS5 Platinum after logging in, i then exited the game and deleted the ps5 version, Its really embarrassing for them how badly this runs on ps5.

The Game is just a source of income for the devs now without them putting any effort in, When the game first launched you could see the passion the previous team had but this game is now just a giant cash grab.
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I downloaded the ps5 version as well and it’s unplayable for me it’s so choppy .. I don’t know how others are tolerating it … this is really sad the fix for this should have been top priority
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I was right ;)

[IMG]