PS4 freezing while entering GCPD Special Crimes Unit

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by dnnout, Mar 2, 2014.

1. shanadamain New Player

Happening to me aswell when I try to enter scu station and ivys hideout get ce error then it locks up
    • Like x 1
  2. Imob New Player

I just got the game made a character but when log in the game CE error comes up. i can only get to selecting characters then error comes up. Re download the game 4 times also initialized PS4 still gets the error.
    • Like x 1
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Prior to GU35, my game would crash sporadically and more frequently than I'd like when zoning into new areas. Sometimes just randomly without zoning into a new area.

Since GU35 has launched, I have been playing daily and have only experienced one crash in that entire time. Most days I've played for 6 hours or more so the overall problem seems to have been fixed, however the problem still exists for me when entering the JSA Headquarters on the Strike Team mission.

As soon as you enter the building, the game crashes. It doesn't happen every time or to everyone, but it's the most common place it occurs.

I'm playing on the EUPS server, Villains side. Playstation 4 with the Playstation 4 default hard drive. Standard 20Mbps broadband connection connected via Ethernet cable. Don't believe it to be a problem with my Internet as it happens frequently at that exact point.
    • Like x 1
  4. Keaundre New Player

I just created a toon today and now he is level 15. I tried running special crimes unit & it freezes my ps4. It will close the app & when the report page comes up it just freezes my whole ps4 screen. I have to unplug it cause I wait 5 minutes and it stays frozen. I tried it 10 times exactly. No success. I contacted Mepps through twitter but he hasn't responded. Smh I was looking forward to my tech katanas in the next mission but I can't even access this one.
    • Like x 1
  5. Caseyyeah Committed Player

I get this every time I try to enter the Riddler Monarch Playing Cards mission to fight Deathstroke while leveling up.

I get the blue screen then my entire PS4 locks up and I have to unplug it to get it to come back up.

So now I'm stuck with this alt because I can't level him up anymore.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are still investigating these crashes. Please continue to provide any further detail you come across.
    • Like x 2
  7. Caseyyeah Committed Player

After I crashed twice today and logged back in I noticed my save settings were gone. I had to re position my screen, chat box, redo my chat tabs, fix my volume levels, ect. But after I did that I was able to go into the. Monarch Playing Cards instance. Not sure if one had anything to do with the other though.
  8. GodBlessUsAll New Player

I would love to know if This had anything to do with the world going down unexpected when I just had used an R&D scanner.... Like what is up guys that's just not ok with me I paid 60 bucks trying to get a new aura and I just lost a scanner. Not a big deal but why did the world go down unexpected?
  9. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

Same happened to me as I tried to enter City Hall to face the green lanterns with a new character I started. Errored blue screen appeared and then couldn't get back in the game altogether as I was stuck at the connecting screen.
    • Like x 1
  10. neurosis prism New Player

same thing happened to me though i have not attempted to re-enter. Hope they fix this soon so I can get this troll up to t5 for my league and hopefully before t6.
    • Like x 1
  11. neurosis prism New Player

This works. Got through special crimes unit and went to reagal hotel to fight the joker and ps4 crashed again. I logged back on did the select a different mission trick and it let me in. I finish that and had to go to work so I don't know if you have to do it till level 30 or if it was just that story line.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rob2323 New Player

why isn't this getting fixed, some of the posts here were from a while ago and still nothing is being done about it or is the ps4 justa huge pos?
    • Like x 1
  13. EvanSnicks New Player

A friend and I that were grouped together had the same issue, with both our PS4's locking up when trying to enter Special Crimes Unit and actually the next indoor part of the mission as well. The highlighting a different mission in the journal trick worked for both of us.
  14. blaqpanthyr New Player

Same issue here with spectre mission(hero). Playing on ps4 & when trying to enter mission system locks up then freezes on report error screen. I can only unplug the system at that point. Did try the highlight different mission and that did work for me, so thank you for that!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Unknownyank New Player

Im having this problem as well. When I attempt to enter the Special crimes unit building for the mission "SCUrprise!" The game crashes. Then I am prompted to send a report. It doesnt matter if I send it or not though because whichever I choose my PS4 will freeze and I am forced to turn it off at the main because it will not respond at all after any amount of time. I cant get around this mission either with the character im leveling as its currently the only story mission that I have available in my objectives. Its frustrating but also worrying when I need to power off my PS4 this way and cause it to restart in safe mode. This is a serious bug that desperately needs to be fixed ASAP.
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This also happens at the JLA Headquarters for the level 29 Villains mission in Metropolis. It has occasionally happened when you enter the JLA Headquarters as part of the Strike Team T5 operation as well.

The majority of zoning bugs have been fixed. I rarely crash anymore. It just tends to be whenever I am in Open World and enter an instance that it crashes. Occasionally, as one of the replies said, causing me to switch the console off at the mains because it crashes the actual PS4, too.

More often than not, when you phase into these instances, you don't see the loading screen. Perhaps provisions were added with the recent changes to loading screen to ensure things don't crash. Maybe these could be added to phasing into instances from the Open World.

Details:
    Platform: PS4
    Server: EUPS
    Faction: Villains
    Connection: 20Mbits Broadband connected via Ethernet
  17. Gorbo New Player

Still happening. Happened in a few different missions today while leveling an alt. Giganta and Funhouse. Giganta didn't lock the ps4 but the Funhouse keeps causing my PS4 to hard freeze.
  18. iKahnic New Player

So i spent $30 on skill points for my alt and get to the crimes unit mission and when zoning in it freezes my ps4. NEVER have i had a problem with this on my main. now i am stuck on the crimes unit mission and out $30 until it is fixed. is there a way to skip this mission and continue on? i only really want lvl 30 anyway. i have all the skillpoints from these missions anyway. is there any updates to why or when this will be fixed?

i meant to say that i did the whole deleting of the saved data and initialized the ps4 and still no go. :(
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are expecting improvement in GU 36, which is not that far off now. Thank you for your continue reports and patience.
    • Like x 2
  20. iKahnic New Player

so there is no way to go forward with my alt until gu36?