PS4 freezing while entering GCPD Special Crimes Unit

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by dnnout, Mar 2, 2014.

1. dnnout New Player

I've tried a couple of times and each time right when trying to enter in the SCU building for batman mission the PS4 will display a crash error.
    • Like x 19
  2. Jayrad New Player

Happened to me as well. I did the mission once but didn't get credit. Every time I tried to go back in dcuo crashed and then the ps4 froze during the error report.
    • Like x 3
  3. Caseyyeah Committed Player

Same thing happened to me. Crash then a freeze during the bug report.
    • Like x 3
  4. Qban New Player

I see i am not the onlyone with the issue yet i see no reply of anyone with authority saying the issue is being addressed or a current solution...meanwhile i cant lvl my second account....
    • Like x 3
  5. Caseyyeah Committed Player

Make sure you upvote the OP so it will get more visibility.
    • Like x 3
  6. Qban New Player

Bump
    • Like x 3
  7. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

yo
    • Like x 2
  8. PlayDaFool New Player

This is happening to me, too. But I am trying to get into the hospital. I can't progress any more.
    • Like x 3
  9. GrimMalbogia New Player

This issue seems to be happening with any leveling instance that also has a harder version of said instance. If that helps at all.
    • Like x 2
  10. Darth Smurf X New Player

After the latest patch, I've crashed my PS4 to the point of having to unplug it 5 times.

It ONLY happens when trying to enter a building. The latest 3 crashes happened when attempting to enter City Hall to face off against the Green Lanterns. I cannot finish that mission, it seems.

I get a blue screen. A CE-"some number" error and then lock-up.

Also, I know I'm not the only one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718189-dc-universe-online/68695787
    • Like x 4
  11. RicanPapi254 New Player

It also happens with the T5 Alert-Strike Team when trying to enter the JSA HQ. Crash! I have tried everything humanly possible on my end to resolve the issue. Unplugged PS4, rebuilt database from safe mode, deleting game data, uninstalling/reinstalling DCUO, waiting for everything to load...
    • Like x 2
  12. Astaroth New Player

Exact same problem, started today. Happened while trying to enter SCU building, City Hall building and the first instance in the Mr.freeze/Diamond heist story line mission. Pretty frustrating when you can't continue the story line and level your character.
    • Like x 2
  13. Caseyyeah Committed Player

Happened last night when trying to enter the Hades/Hell part under the Forum of the 12 Caesars. Blue screened immediately upon hitting O to enter and got the error. I hit send and my PS4 locked up to the point I had to unplug it to get it to restart. This was on the PS4 around 11:30 pm central time.

Mepps, can we get an update in this? It's making leveling up a toon extremely strenuous and taxing on the system.
    • Like x 1
  14. Astaroth New Player

Super frustrating :mad: , and the freezing of the PS4 after blue screen is very disconcerting. I understand the Devs have their hands full, but a game debilitating bug such as this while you're trying to level up is the kind of issue that will have many people and new players giving up on the game, hence less revenue for you SOE. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Astaroth New Player

I seem to have found a temporary fix/work around.

Before you attempt to enter the building again, select another mission via the journal, so that the communicator is accessed for a mission different from the one you got the error from. Make sure you hear the mission dialog and then while that mission is selected enter the building.

I have not had a chance to verify the results, but this trick allowed me to enter the building after only one error, while the other times I encountered this issue it took 3-4 attempts.
    • Like x 1
  16. GrimMalbogia New Player

This is still going on....Come on and fix it please.
    • Like x 2
  17. Astaroth New Player

Yep, I had it happen on the JSA entrance today.
    • Like x 1
  18. GrimMalbogia New Player

ITs also happening on the specter mission on the hero side. Try to get in, it crashes. Then if you try to report the reason for the crash, the ps4 freezes.
    • Like x 1
  19. CelestDemon New Player

I have tried everything from uninstall and reinstall, to reinitializing the ps4, and tried another mission and it froze up on that one too. I'm lvl 20 and cannot progress anymore because of this issue...
    • Like x 1
  20. DeadVal New Player

same here including the freeze....to the pt where its just getting ********
    • Like x 1