PS4 DCUO Download

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raikken, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Raikken New Player

Do we have an expected time yet of how long it will take to download dcuo onto the playstation 4
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It depends what speed your connection is...
    • Like x 1
  3. Jax Prime New Player

I assume it will be dependant on ones internet speed.

Unless your question is if you can download DCUO as soon as you finish patching your PS4. Which I assume from all the "Day 1 Releaseā„¢" you should be able to.
  4. Raikken New Player

I have a 75mbps speed. I just wonder if it will be faster. On the ps3 it took hours so I wonder if it will be less this time since ps4 is suppose to be faster\better
  5. Zim New Player

I was wondering this as well. If I was to go out and pick up my PS4 at 1201am. Would I then be able to do the download after I got home and did the patch.
  6. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Greg Miller tweeted out a picture of him downloading the game right now. So, it's available. I'm not sure how long it's going to take. For some reason on the PS3, it cuts my download speeds in half. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen on the PS4.

I'm so excited :) Can't wait to get mine tomorrow!
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If you are using WiFi on your PS3 then that's why it was so slow. When I played DCUO on PS3 back in the day I always used an ethernet cable because it made the connection much more stable and faster.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's actually more sporadic than that, but switching back and forth between wired and wireless can sometimes improve your speed.
    • Like x 1
  9. LisaLoeb New Player

I am number 9 in line for ps4, so excited!
    • Like x 1
  10. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

Will it still use the launcher like the PS3 version or use the new background downloads system?
  11. Rassulla New Player

Lucky :( I missed the preorder window and now I have to wait till around christmas
    • Like x 1
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

13. Sore Steadfast Player

I used to run my PS3 wired but then one day it just started lagging horribly in DCUO and became unplayable. I switched to WiFi and everything worked again. I've seen a bunch of people that had that same experience. It's counter-intuitive but I can't argue with pragmatic results.
  14. Dogzday Dedicated Player

If you want to get more technical, not only does it depend on your download rates, it also is highly dependent on the PS4's drive speed, since CPU is out of the question (it's well powerful enough).

It seems as if the game downloads and installs at the same time. I'm not sure on this.
  15. Black Panther New Player

Hurry up friday!
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If I remember correctly it does install while it's downloading. There's 2 different progress bars (on the PC version - it's been a couple years since I played DCUO on PS3 but I think there were two there too). One is the bar that's a greenish colour and then there's another one which kind of looks like a shadow going ahead of it. I assume the shadowy one is how much has downloaded and the green one is how much has installed.

This is all just based on my observations though - I could be wrong.
  17. Dogzday Dedicated Player

I thought so too, and yeah there are two progress bars on PS3.

On PC, I downloaded the launcher through Steam. There's only one progress bar, but I opened up Task Manager to monitor why my laptop (Lenovo Y510P) was having a tough time. Turns out, the game installs at the same time, and since computers are as fast as their weakest link (not entirely but yenno), it can't install any faster than the disk can handle lol. It's a 5400 RPM HDD. I have good RAM and CPU plus I'm on Windows 8.1 (which uses less processes). I don't know much about hard drives. But I want an SSD.

My internets is at somewhere around 60 Mb/s, which issss... About 8 MB/s download. My disk struggles with that.
  18. Charlie Fantom New Player

2 months ago I downloaded the game pre Trigon. It took over 12 hours at 3 mbps.
  19. Kyzax New Player

Nice! I was number 24 last night, here in Houston:)
    Downloaded DCUO, but keep getting 'Connection Failed' error message when I try to log on. :(
    • Like x 1
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

For a 10 Mbps consistent download I was done after 5 hours. DCUO will come with the client itself and update 31 separate downloading at the same time.
  21. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

So DCUo is not live for PS4 atm....hmmm