#ProtectTheParser!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Are you like me, love the new trinket that just came out, and are very disappointed about the decision for it to expire after just a week of use?

*Also if your like me, you know just how much the development team has messed with the community on several occassions.... We all remember the various Brainiac Spawns in the watchtower. So you know the trolley part is less than an ideal reason to take this away from us*

So... I have an idea. Are you listening? Great, because you see... Our Community is constantly smothered in criticism about how we the players are so divided and cannot agree upon anything; but I think this is a great opportunity to not only show the devs that they need to reverse course on this, but to show that we can unite? Who's with me?!
    *If we could somehow band together and get it trending on twitter too that would be great.*

If your in, reply below using #ProtectTheParser! Let them know that this trinket needs to be non-perishable!
    • Like x 5
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

#ProtectTheParser!

Oh, and if somebody doesn't like it, they cat delete it - simple as that!
  3. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

#ProtectTheParser!
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

And then you'll find out that Mepps was just joking...which exactly what I think it is... I doubt it will expire, and I doubt Mepps was serious about it, either. Just be reasonable about it, there is absolutely no way it can be used to troll other people and ruin their experience. So yeah.... done goofed xD
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I can't take that chance fam.

Also: It's impossible to goof when it's literally April Fools xD.
  6. Eve YouTuber

It's just a trinket. And what you don't take into consideration is:
    That trinket can be activated for entire group when you are in a group. Some might NOT want to see that.
    Unless they make it individual, I can see it annoying some people. Still, I don't think it will expire. But if anything Mepps can confirm if it will or not. I think It's all one big April Fools joke.
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Please Consider Leaving this Trinket in game and Removing the 7 Day Expiration.
    This is just Too Much Fun. :D
    #ProtectTheParser!
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Guess I know what I'm doing at lunch...haven't seen it yet but it sounds like it's worth a look.
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

That's what I'm asking for.
    If they need to modify the trinket so it can stay, they should do so and state it while they're at it.

BUT...

We're not gonna stop posting until we get an answer!

So.. I need you to step aside if your not going to support our cause... you don't want to be a villain in this situation do you?
    [IMG]

#ProtectTheParser
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

Sure if they can, but if they can't It better be removed. People on this game can be complete jerks and use it to annoy people.
    So in a way, It's selfish in my opinion to want to keep it in the game knowing what people will do with it. Maybe not you personally, but others. Also got confirmation It's gonna be removed, a shame but It's probably for the best. Also, sharing my opinion on it doesn't make me a "Villain". Put yourself in other people's shoes, and see how people can easily be trolled with this. It could be a really nice thing, but some people in this community is why we can't have nice things.
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

First, I'm not calling you a villain for sharing your opinion. I didn't think I needed to state this, but this thread was meant to be taken in gest; the same idea applies for the "villain comment".

I can always put myself in other people shoes, I've listed examples. For instance, we've had the Gorilla Trinket in this game and over the years players have consistently used it as a means of messing with other players. If you bought a Gorilla Trinket from the Marketplace, you knew you were buying it to hurl barrels at other players.

Was it annoying? Sure.

Was it also kept there after all this time? Sure.

People've done the same sort of thing when it comes to all of the Beach Ball Trinkets. There'll be players just standing around all day, you buy a bouncy-ball trinket and use it to have fun. There are also other players'll who use the bouncy balls to knock people off their perch.

There were even the Speakers from the Saint-Patricks event that people could use in PVP to stun you and make you dance.

And Like I've said... Mepps himself has Spawned Brainiac Avatars, only he could do that. Isn't getting killed by Brainiac Sub Avatars annoying since you gotta go repair your gear?

Oh wait, you don't think about that because you think about how awesome and fun it is that he's interacting and messing with the community at large. It's technically trolling by definition(There was no rewards for killing those High CR Brainiac Avatars.) but it's done in good clean fun.

If your insisting I'm selfish because I want this item to be modified so it can stay, then I'd have to argue that it's also selfish and a jerk move from the developers to remove an item all because they're worried that people'll use the item to annoy everyone else.

There could be a lot of people that don't abuse this item, so they get punished for doing nothing wrong? because people wanna be toxic in the game? Come on.

There are people who even abuse regular cosmetics. On the USPS/PC broker, you can find listings for items that are in the Hall of Doom/Watchtower Vendors for a cheaper price, I'm talking about the very same style pieces you'll find on the character creation suite.

Does that mean those cosmetics need to be made unavailable? No. They should be modified to be non-tradeable.

I'm not disagreeing with the developers that people'll abuse crap in this game to annoy everyone else, you always have people like that.

But you don't remove the item entirely, you make it so that the item in question becomes modified to be less of an annoying troll tool for everyone else and you find a nice balance in the process.

It'd be like stopping a Party dead in it's tracks because someone threw something nasty in the punch bowl. You don't stop the party, you replace the punch bowl and keep the party going.

If this community is the reason we don't get nice things, then I digress: Don't waste everybody's time introducing us into an item we'll get attached to just to remove it a week later.
    • Like x 1
  12. Balton hero Committed Player

I don't particularly like it because of the camp factor but seems a lot of others do and trolls gonna troll regardless of it staying or going so

#protecttheparser
  13. Eve YouTuber

They could do nothing to begin with for April Fools but they wanted to surprise us. Maybe they tried and couldn't make it individual?
    Maybe they can't do this right now because of everything that is going on? It might return next year like any other item for a week and will be going again. IF they can make it individual, go ahead and keep it in the game, if not removing it is the better option.
    • Like x 1
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

# Protect the Parser. I too add my vote to the list to find a way to keep this thing active in game. Like many others I am totally enjoying the comic book feel of it and want it around longer. :)
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Who knows?

At this rate, why not modify it and Make it an MP purchase? Food for thought.
    I do agree that if they can't modify it, then yeah I suppose it should be gone & my apologies for my villain comment not coming across as a joke.

We both don't have a direct answer as to what's happening on the development front, so continuing to argue over mere speculation has no merit.

Good talking with ya Zoe. Guess we'll wait it out and see what happens.
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

That could also work. No problem, and good talking to you aswell :)
  17. an81angel Well-Known Player

#ProtectTheParser

I think it's cute, especially for my joker villain with the Laughing Accessory.
    I would like to have it be permanent.
  18. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I haven't logged in to see it yet, but as long as it's only visible to the person using it I see no harm in leaving it. If it's visible to everyone when someone activates it, I don't want it sticking around. That will get real annoying REAL quick.
    • Like x 1
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

#ProtectTheParser!

Having grown up with the Adam West Batman, I think this is awesome.