[PROPOSAL] Changes to Rifle WM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Echephyle, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Echephyle New Player

It has a very small input window to hold triangle. Right when you're shooting in mid-air. If you push triangle before the rounds go off, or as you land, you get no wm. When there's lag, your input gets delayed and you have no wm. It's brutal.
  2. Echephyle New Player

3. DEADLY MERC New Player

I thought I was the only one that felt this way about the rifle tbh lol... I mean is it just me or am I the only suport role user that spends most the fight spamming mortor while everyone else is using WM cuz it's just to dangerous to get to close to a boss and if your to far you are stuck with mortor
    • Like x 2
  4. Echephyle New Player

Well the main troll in my league uses rifle wm. He does notice the flaws though, having to get close/medium to slip shot, rolling too far forward with full auto etc.

This thread needs more attention and hopefully the devs will listen and make those small changes.
  5. Seth Grey New Player

I think both of the range options are garbage. Full auto is a horrid WM to master and the other one not being executable half the time. Both range options are very slow too.
    They need to be replaced with quicker combos.
  6. Echephyle New Player

So i've been able to skillfully pass artifacts and necro using the rifle, but in lockdown, the rolling and slipping got me killed.

Most dps need to stay far away from kalibak and the harmful artifacts. Each time i rolled into close-medium range to do flip burst-slip shot, i either walked into the artifact aoe or kalibak's ground pound.
    I then switched to hb and had no problems whatsoever.

Please devs, tie slip shot to mortar strike. If i was able to mortar strike-slip shot, i would have been able to sustain high dps while maintaining distance.

Devs, why did you guys choose such a dangerous combo for the second wm?

This thread needs attention or rifle is dead. I've topped the charts in every raid except for lockdown with rifle, and even I'm getting sick of its limitations. Please guys, post here so the devs will consider the changes. It's just a simple change.
  7. Echephyle New Player

Also, i was losing dps due to the awkwardly small input window of flip burst to slip shot. In times of heavy animation, it's almost impossible to pull off. The input window needs to be fixed. Did the devs even test their own creation?

I'm sick and tired if missing slip shot due to holding triangle 0.1 seconds too early or too late in the flip burst. Please fix!!!
  8. Retribution Well-Known Player

You mentioned in the first post that the rifle weapon mastery is top tier. Which combo were you referring to? Let's just say that rifle combos were easy to execute (theoretically), then is there a chance it could have higher damage potential than the other weapons?
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Rifle -> dual pistol sucks so much that any other ranged WM combo is better.....
    • Like x 1
  10. antivenomBANE New Player

I did support changes to the rifle but recently I've been having second thoughts. I've been trying out other weapons in the new raids and resulted in doing significantly less damage than using the rifle. I'm a troll by the way. Damage isn't my goal but if I can do a significant amount of more damage with that weapon why not? I'm used to the rifle. I've been using it for the longest time before WM. Honestly I don't think the wm combos are that difficult. I guess I'm just used to it. I make it work very well. My only complaint would be the constant rolling back and forth, but frankly it doesn't even bother me anymore. Used to it. Plus, I never see anyone ever using a rifle. I like that. :)
  11. Echephyle New Player

Same, but when running lockdown and you have the fire or lazer artifacts, the constant rolling gets me killed.

The flip burst to slip shot is very difficult to pull off with server lag or times of heavy cpu usage, like a raid with many ads. A slight change in the timing due to lag or cpu usage leads to a no-combo, which wastes time and damage potential. It needs to be looked at.

Pkus, the fact that flip burst is a medium ranged combo makes it very hard to use in some raid situations, like when kalibak has his white shields, or when he ground pounds in lockdown, or when a fire artifact is on in the middle of the lockdown boss room. Slip shot being not usable becomes a big priblem. I can't rolling barrage to full auto or i end up dead in an aoe. I end up doing mortar strike with no wm and losing out on damage. Slip shot needs to be tied to mortar strike so we can sustain wm from long range.
  12. antivenomBANE New Player

I think mortar into magnum shot would be a nice replacement
    • Like x 1
  13. ApolloMystique New Player

grenade into magnum shot PLEASE!
    • Like x 1
  14. Echephyle New Player

In a perfect world, that's what I want, but mortar to slip shot is a compromise if it's too much work for the former.
  15. Echephyle New Player

I would love that, but i think the damage would be laughable since it would be such a fast combo.
  16. ReemX New Player

I love riffle but only on pvp its awesome for close range, long range is bad but each wespons gotta have its strong an weak points imo
  17. ApolloMystique New Player

no…because DW into bow is pretty fast, but strong
    • Like x 1
  18. Requake Dedicated Player

Mortar > Explosive shot
    Problem solved.
  19. Echephyle New Player

It's still slower than what tap grenade and magnum would end up being. Its damage would be similar to brawling, which is weak.
  20. Echephyle New Player

Too much work for the devs lol. They need to change the weapon pairing, which means starting from scratch.