[PROPOSAL] Changes to Rifle WM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Echephyle, Jul 23, 2014.

1. C3alix Committed Player

I run Paradox and SM all of the time and I don't have a problem with using rifle while putting out high damage numbers. You can get close to ANY boss in this game, but you've gotta know when to back off, and it isn't every 10 seconds like most people claim.
  2. Echephyle New Player

Just because you have no problem does not mean the vast majority of players that tried rifle wm are ok with it.

My solution is simple: allow slip shot to activate from mortar as well as flip burst. This way, people that like rifle the way it is can still use it the same way, but the increased range allows more players to enjoy it.

Also, flip burst has a very small input window. When i have server lag, or when there are too many animations on the screen, flip to slip shot turns into rifle hold shot. The input window for triangle needs to be the entire length of the animation, not the very middle of it.
  3. winter13 New Player

I think rifle is fine as it is. Look at all the people using it for PVP. It is becoming the preferred PVP weapon actually.
  4. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

I'll agree that rifle is great as it is but I will say definitely yes, to mortar into magnum round. That will let me use rifle in PvE again without getting murdered, so a thumbs up 4 that idea.
    • Like x 2
  5. Grumpy Dedicated Player

no its not fine at all. the changes echephyle suggested wont change anything for pvp. you can still lunge and F up rifle users but its crucial for pve. rifle is currently useless for pve amongst all the ranged wm dps weapons e.g. dw>bow hb>bow staff>rifle 1h>hb due to slow/"hard" combos and risk of getting slaughtered.
    • Like x 1
  6. Echephyle New Player

In the pve side of things, it's a pain to use. 9/10 players can't handle rolling close to the boss. The simple fix of mortar to slip shot or mortar to magnum round will make the experience better for everyone.

To get a sense of what I mean on being hard pve side, I encourage you to use it in dox, sm and the new raids when they drop tonight. Let me know how it goes :D
  7. winter13 New Player

I can get on board with the proposed changes. I admittedly tested it out on the PVE side, and didn't particularly care for it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

Consistency is key imo so I would like it even more if it was flip burst into magnum round and mortar into magnum round I just don't like the backward motion of slip shot.
  9. Echephyle New Player

In an ideal world, if both of my propised changes were to go through, it would be awesome. But there are those very select few players that like slip shot in rifle, so keeping slip shot, but also tying it to mortar would be the perfect compromise. It's also less work for the devs. As we all know, they don't like to make changes, more so when they're proposed by us :D.

If the devs could do both, as in replace slip shot with magnum round, and also tie it to mortar, that is the perfect scenario.

I like to give the devs options to weigh out.
    • Like x 1
  10. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

That's true but then you'd need another weapon mastery skill point spot for magnum shot mastery some might complain that there's 5 moves so its not fair. So if you just changed both of them to down and triangle (PS combos) then hold triangle into magnum shot. That would only take one slot and would make it extremely viable.
  11. Echephyle New Player

That could work, but full auto is actually rifle's most powerful combo. Take that away and its dps might suffer somewhat.

Thing with rifle is, it's the only weapon that shares the same input for different combos. Hold back, triangle, hold forward, triangle both with 2 combos each. I think because if this, the majority of the playerbase will give us a break if either magnum or slip were tied to both versions of hold back triangle.
  12. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

Noo don't take away full auto! I'm saying make both flip burst and mortar combo into magnum shot. Basically replace slip shot with magnum shot and link that WM combo to both flip burst and mortar and leave full auto, flurry, and cleave as is. Sorry if I confused you with the last post
  13. Echephyle New Player

Hahaha that was my original idea, was both flip and mortar to magnum.

For compromise purposes if the devs want to keep slip, they can tie slip to both flip and mortar.
  14. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

Right I was agreeing with u but once u said idk about taking out full auto I got scared haha. I know if they do change it they will most likely keep slip shot but I like magnum shot because we don't have to roll around once we get into mortar distance. Like staff into mortar combo I'd definitely love that
  15. Echephyle New Player

I know. Mortar to magnum round would be the best combo ever! It would just look and feel awesome!
    • Like x 1
  16. Echephyle New Player

Gonna test rifle against Mantis tomorrow. We'll see if I make it out alive...
  17. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I like rifle just as it is, it requires skills to master it, no need to change it.
  18. Echephyle New Player

There is a need. Not being able to sustain long range wm is a problem. All I ask for is a simple fix of tying slip shot to mortar as well as flip burst. That way, we don't need to move into medium or close range to move back from a rolling barrage full auto.
  19. Echephyle New Player

An interesting point from someone I ran with:

Flip burst was designed as a more close ranged combo to move you away from the target in order to get to long range and spam mortar round. As the way it stands, using weapon mastery on the rifle forces you to play different from the way rifle was originally designed. Allow mortar to be useful again and tie slip shot or magnum round to it.
  20. Mack10 New Player

Flip Burst-to-Slip Shot is the most inconsistent WM combo in the game, and needs to be adjusted so that it actually works more than 2 out of every 25 times. Changing it to Flip Burst-to-Magnum Round would be even better. I support this proposal.
    • Like x 2