[PROPOSAL] Changes to Rifle WM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Echephyle, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Echephyle New Player

Earth to all rifle users. Please read the oroliginal post and write your suggestions and feedback. Don't let rifle die off...
  2. Zeo Committed Player

I already gave up on this weapon, is on my list of useless weapons, stored alongside of Two-Handed.
    I'm starting to hate this game, playing less, probably I won't will sub this year and give a break to see if something changes after some months, I got tired to see the powers that I play tweaked and WM really destroyed DCUO for me, there's no dynamism anymore.
  3. Echephyle New Player

I really like the wm changes, but to each his own. I just hate what they did to rifle
  4. antivenomBANE New Player

Rolling all over the place is certainly annoying. I love and use the rifle anyway. Your proposed changes are great.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zeo Committed Player

I like of the damage, but I really hate how the game is static now.
  6. Cable Committed Player

All my thumbs up for this. Rifle was m favorite weapon but with ranged attacks moving me either way too far back, and additionally taking rather long to execute there is also issues with melee combos, well one of them. Flamethrower into one handed was my answer for a WM move that does good damage and can be used quickly. Here's the problem, it relies entirely on the position of your target relative to you. On a sparring target you will probably see no issue at all executing this combo. In actual instances, however, when enemies are moving around and being pulled in different directions it can be very aggravating trying to make this combo execute. I like the weapons they chose to combo into but I really do not like the way they execute. I really hope this weapon gets some love.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mark Wilson New Player

Don't like the grenade. Why do we have grenade when there's mortar? Should be changed to some kind of sniper shot IMHO.

As for WM thing - like your opinion ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Echephyle New Player

I find flurry a good pve melee combo. In pvp the rifle slam is predictable, but that's the only melee combo rifle has, so there's not much they can change.

Flamethrower is great for close range blockbreaking, but yes it does rely on your position.

As for the ranged combos, the length if time isn't a problem as currently, the longest ranged combos are the best in the game for dps: handblaster solar flane to explosive shot, bow explosive shot to full auto. The problem is the fact that it moves you out of range and that the leap distances of both ranged combos do not match. If they did, rifle would still be more used.

Here's what i mean by this:

1. Rolling barrage moves you forward say 3 feet, which was fine before wm. Flip burst moves you back 3 feet. Good. Back in the t4 and t5 days, I would roll back and forth while maintaining the same distance as both rolls were equal.

The problem is, slip shot moves you back about around 5 feet. 3 ft forward---3 + 5 ft backward. They don't add up. I can't simply do 2 rolling barrages to full autos for 1 flip burst slip shot because the distances don't add up. Also, 2 roll into full auto is unsafe as i need to move closer and closer while rooted in an animation. Often times after 1 flip to slip shot, i try 2 roll into full autos and end up in melee distance to the boss. That's instant death in a raid.

2. So my position relative to target is constantly gonna change. In complex raids with bosses that have aoe like paradox and prime, positioning is critical for survival. If you can't control your positioning, you're dead. This is what they must fix. That and allow us to wm from max range. The reason handblaster and bow are so desired is because they can sit at any range and any position and blast away. Please read this thread devs.

As I said before, flip burst is a medium ranged combo. For some bosses, like paradox warrior and ursa in survival mode, medium range is too close for comfort. Yes, roll to full auto works at long range, but i can only roll back if i'm at medium range. This makes medium range a requirement fir sustained rifle wm at range. Not good. If the wm combo also activated from mortar, it would fix this problem.

The ideal fix would be to replace slip shot with magnum round. This way, if i do wm from medium range, i can maintain my distance with the 3ft forward, 3ft back rolling. Additionally, have the same combo activate with mortar strike. This way we can sustain wm at max range.

Devs, rifle needs these changes.
  9. Echephyle New Player

10. Echephyle New Player

Rifle needs attention. Read my posts and write your feedback/suggestions
  11. Echephyle New Player

Rifle needs fixing.
  12. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Still agree that the OP has it down. Without fixing some of the rifle's already completely wacky attacks, chaining them as OP described to keep it's WM from being effected by distance is smart and efficient. DO EET.
    • Like x 1
  13. Hero of Justice New Player

I fully support a change in Flip Burst. I pretty much just rely on the Full Auto move now for Rifle-to-Dp, as flip burst has too many problems (range, timing, positioning) to be effective. With their currently only being four WM combos per weapon, there isn't room for dead-weight moves in the tree if you are going to keep the variety strong, IMO.
    • Like x 1
  14. Echephyle New Player

If they could tie either magnum round or slip shot to BOTH flip burst and mortar strike, the problem is solved.

Rifle is the only weapon that has different combos for the same input, which are determined by range.
  15. ApolloMystique New Player

Grenade needs to be incorporated i to wm...take out one of those rolling/flipping wm and replace with grenade into magnum round...PLEASE!
  16. C3alix Committed Player

Rifle with WM is good where it's at.
  17. Echephyle New Player

Try running paradox or SM with it. After the third time you die from getting too close, you will either switch weapons or call for a change in the combos.
    You can't sustain wm combos at long range. All I ask for is 1 or 2 changes. That's it. If you like slip shot, then wouldn't you want it to activate from mortar strike as well as flip burst? Remember flip burst is medium range. It turns to mortar if you move back inches further. That means no wm.
  18. Toxiic Committed Player

I like the Rifle and allowing it to combo into mortar is perfect. I didn't spec into mortar so when I get too far back it decides back is the new forward and make me roll right into death. Its really annoying! :mad:
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I find that part of WM for Riffle to be great for when one needs to get out of harm way fast...besides that....it did not make sense at all...
  20. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

I like the rifle, it has a lot of very cool looking moves, but for the life of me I can't control that beast XD. It's just crazy, it's like it has a mind of its own. Sometimes I standing so close to the enemy we're practically making out, I launch the flamethrower combos ... and I end up rolling and shooting, as if I was away from the target. I did't get to the WM yet with it, so I don't know about the problem you're talking about.
    I really don't know how to make it better ... tell you what, I'll try to get the last SP I need fast and then I'll get back at you.