Proof that Clipping is Intended

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zizzi, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Zizzi New Player

There are still very many players who think clipping was never intended and the Devs just decided to roll with it. I too was a non-believer until I saw this post by Spord which made me think otherwise. I just thought I'd put this out here to try and squash the Clipping debate.

"Ice Bash will also be flagged as beneficial which will make it clippable (and this means Menace will be too)"

-Spord (Developer)

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc-old/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=58766&#611160

As you can see, if the devs can pick and choose which moves and powers will be clippable then it is logical that clipping is indeed intended.
  2. Goony New Player

they stated in a post a while ago that there are powers that are clippable
  3. Quantum Rising Committed Player

PC side has known clipping was intended for quite a long time. I used to have a quote in my sig from Mepps. Paraphrasing now because I lost my sig...

'Just to make it absolutely clear. Clipping or cancelling is intended. You should not feel bad for doing it."
    Mepps

Or something like that... wish I still had the link to the actual post he stated it in but since the new foruns popped up I can't access the old forums at all to find the post.
  4. Abandon New Player

Players can say it is intended.
    The devs can say it is intended.
    Every spirit, deity &/or god known to mankind, and 1 or 2 alienkind, can say it is intended.
    Their mothers can say it is intended.

But there are just some people who refuse to believe that clipping is an intended part of this game and will whine & complain & call the devs lazy SoBs till the end of humanity and the dawn of the next dominant species.
    • Like x 2
  5. Zizzi New Player

I know the Devs have said it for a long time, but there were still non-believers, myself included. They kept saying it was intended but frankly I wasn't sure if it was or if it was just a bug they decided couldn't be fixed.

The point of my post was to show that since the Devs can actually pick and choose which powers are clippable and can clip with, then logically it was intended the entire time.
  6. Saami Loyal Player

Clipping is in game to make combat more smooth and it is indeed intended. Few naysayers may mix normal animation cancelling with powers to some unintented mechanics that have been fixed when discovered.
  7. OMAAR New Player

If it was un intended it would have been removed a long time ago. Anyone remember Absorb heat clipping?

Sadly many people tie their egos to the game and instead of saying " that was a fun run " they go into a rage if some one beats them using clipping.

If you are experiencing any other emotion than having fun while playing you need to quit Immdiately.