Promethium Box Drops

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helios Xenon, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Helios Xenon New Player

yeah, I spend a lot of time talking in Ventrilo with The Whistler about positive changes to the game. theorycrafting. A lot. ;) ;) ;)

Basically Im saying a box should drop:

1 Mark of war
    and
    1 Mark of Promethium
    and
    1 Role attunable Soder
    -or-
    1 Promethium base item
    -or-
    Exobit package of 16 randoms

Have a Promethium Vendor:

Jewlery is 15 MoP
    Auras are 10 MoP
    Attunable 6pk Soder buffs 1 MoP
    Helm of OP is 100 MoP

seems fair at a rate of 6hrs/prom box capped at 15 per month.
  2. Janus New Player

Way back when, Mepps mentioned they were looking at making some changes to the Promethium boxes, but we haven't heard anything since. Would love the mark of promethium idea. Some of the reward ratios are definitely off and make this more of a frustration than a reward. Nothing wrong with being able to work toward the rewards we want rather than never having luck be on our side.
  3. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

I just want to be able to finish my cybernetic and noble warrior styles someday /cry
  4. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Amazing. My Controller has NEVER gotten a ring,but my healers are BURIED in rings...
  5. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I've gotten so many repeats from PLBs that I cannot even use them if I wanted to; most notably my 9 additional purple auras. That being said, if not Marks of Promethium, some kind of way to transmute PLB items would be nice. Which would be a way for us to expand the R&D system and give people a chance to transmute these items into things they may find more useful. While trading would be nice, I understand why this system would cause problems.

On a side note, I'm hoping that the T5 level PLB necks (if that system is not changed) will include lair sockets. But that's another story...
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

when i was F2P, i had a bank full of 'em. it's a Marketing thing.
  7. Iron YoJimBo New Player

What about those of us who LIKE the lockbox sodas? good buffs, last half an hour, wether you get knocked out, or log off & come back. I've come to look forward to getting those, especially over auras I already have, or tank rings,
  8. Dub El New Player

I like the mark of promethium Idea. make us save the marks until we can buy what we need. make it like the event veendors where stuff won't cost more the 8-10 marks max for the best stuff. I've been playing since beta and I still only have 1 piece of new 52 style gear since they started putting them in the boxes. All I ever seem to get are soders. I say Give us
    1x promethium mark (vendor would limit item level based off of CR like the CC vendors do)
    1x attunable soder
    1x Mark based off of you current gear level.
  9. Iron YoJimBo New Player

This seems like a perfect idea.
    [IMG]

I'd love for the devs to make it happen.
  10. SuperiorMouse New Player

I'm not crazy about the vendor values you've posted but in principle I do think this is fair. My only real objection, then, is it kills the marketing aspect of the Lockbox. There isn't anything exciting about it anymore really because with a homogenized content list the excitement about opening them gets lost.
  11. The Rengar New Player

Good Idea.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'm legendary and I get a box about once every few days and the drop is almost always a soder.
  13. Aiden Warren New Player

Mark Of Promethuim so we get about 15 Marks per month, and Mostly Likely if SOE adds it, expect the rings and neck of 71 and 78 to be 50+ marks cost.
  14. Spector Knight New Player

Once I hit CR71, it seemed like for about a week all I got in Prom boxes were Marks of War, and a whole bunch of rings I can't use, since you can only wear two and they were all pretty close to the same stats. Now occasionally they drop a serum. The rate I've been getting Prom boxes has dropped off significantly the last few weeks.

What I'd really like are some more auras...my question is, once you hit CR71, do you not get auras anymore? I haven't gotten one in a long long time.
  15. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

All you do is flip your controller upside down & go about your business then come home shoot an add = almost instant box .
    Log on alt repeat process.

Obviously you have to put something on top of it so you run against a wall or something but it's time that dictates how you get them.
  16. Aiden Warren New Player

Mark of Promethuim would be nice, because it's just very sad that I'm at 1400+ hours now and still didnt get a 78 dps ring for 14 precision and 14 might socket bonus and two of my league mates a healer and a dps both are at like 500+ hours and they got them -.- both the rings, and my troller friend got the 14 precision twice. and the 14 might one. and the healer for the 14 precision and a 40 power one.

and me beig at 1400+ hours still didnt get any dps rings yet.
    and they got the good ring at 500+ hours

they both hit cr 80 fast because i told them to just mod their gear approprately.
  17. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I personally Like how they are now because now you only really have to worry bout rings because the new mods to the neck kinda made the lockbox necks not worth it.

Overall though you can't just not expect to play and get them & for the people that don't play much they're most likely not getting all the boxes they could per month therefore making it harder for them.
  18. MetalMario Loyal Player

The rings are definitely best in game for sure but if you have home turf the lockbox neck for troll is inferior by a huge margin. If you have the level 4 mods you can consistently have a 6% critical power bonus. I did the math and for a 160 pot tic, which is what I have currently, that bonus is mathematically equivalent to having 209 extra vit. In fact, in order to get down to the level of a 161 pot tic without the crit bonus one would have to have a pot tic of 148. If you only have the level 2 then I think it's only 2% that you can consistently get, which means just divide by 3. You're still better off modding a DPS neck than having a troll neck from a lockbox.
  19. recoil Committed Player

let's be honest the biggest attraction of promethium boxes is the rare styles from them. styles like noble/cybernatic/avatar bombardier that can't be bought or dropped. and let's not forget painfully elusive base items like angel of justice and others. if we had those things in vendors promethium boxes would lose their zeal.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

1 box every 20-30 minutes, take out the marks add in something else ranging from new base items and styles(vendor, dropped styles, rare styles)