Dev Discussion Producer’s Letter: The Summer of Wonder!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Jackster, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

It's not just having unlimited cash in-game though.. There is all the other benefits.

Plus, the loot locks will be crucial for the month too, 3 days for a duo? That's 12 replays per day so 36 replays to run one duo compared to no replays within the 3 day period for Legendary.

If you wanted to do just that one instance, you have to pay minimum price for the smallest marketplace cash, so after buying that you've already committed 1/3 of the price for Legendary on playing a duo everyday within the loot lock.. Then obviously as you progress to alerts etc it will be more replays.

Cash limits and not being able to trade cash also means you can't buy resets in-game off others, so you are at a HUGE disadvantage if you play the game everyday and run content everyday.
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Would you rather log in, complete a journal entry and have everything handed to you ? :p

To be clear, I was saying they were giving us what was asked for. I never said how lol
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These are helmet mods, so I meant all head slot gear.
    • Like x 1
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

Pretty much everything from Ep 15 to 20 helps you out, you got Trigon and black lantern related drops there which I believe fit that toon.
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

I would rather things like that be attached to feats or as drops from iconic foes. I play the game, not my wallet.
  6. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

No. I would rather they be in the Marketplace for a set amount.
    • Like x 1
  7. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Thank you I forgot about those
  8. BumblingB I got better.

This doesn't have to be included in this. It would be like the old lockbox jewelry that would tune to the highest CR for that unlock and be account bound. It's not like having gear that drops in game be free to all. It would be something that is, from what I can tell from the many unlocks in the stream, RNG rare.
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Ok so trinkets, legs, face and shoulders remain the same
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

This is a really confusing statement. Instead of random boxes you want them to drop from random bosses ? How is that any different.

Also, they are free so not sure why you wallet would have any business here lol
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That's weird that you'd rather pay for it with real money than get them for free but okay, we're all entitled to our views.
  12. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

It all depends on how we earn the keys. If they're easy to earn, then no biggie. I doubt that will be the case since they will also be sold in the Marketplace.
    • Like x 1
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

The issue is the box more so than the RNG. Also, farming a boss or mob for a drop involves actually playing the game. I hope this clarifies my statement.
  14. DarthJafo Committed Player

The time caps sound kinda like neverwinters godawful boxes. They drop litearly every 15 seconds but keys can only be bought. Have some sort of instance thing to get keys sounds similar.

Those boxes are one of the main reasons I no longer play neverwinter
    • Like x 2
  15. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

It's all tradeable though. I really can't see how anyone can look at this negatively. It's all-new, much asked for, free stuff.
    • Like x 1
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

Thank goodness for the whales buying a ton of keys, eh?
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

I don't think white mods are currently able to be removed. Will it appear forevermore in your lair mod vendor?
    So do you see this working like a booster bundle? Limited availability- be sure to grab the styles while they're here?
    • Like x 1
  18. Dezaras Loyal Player

My main concern is there's a lot of good, yes tradeable, stuff in the capsules, but only 8 weeks to get it. With no guarantee that they'll be back. These things need to drop at a good rate, the keys need to be reasonably obtainable, without having to resort to the MP. And if the MP seems to be the only viable option then the keys need to be reasonably priced.

If the keys only drop in raid content (for example) then I'll be buying them because I don't raid. In this scenario I hope the keys are reasonably priced.
  19. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Working as intended.
    • Like x 1
  20. SasquaT Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.