Dev Discussion Producer’s Letter: The Summer of Wonder!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Jackster, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. Mods are tradeable, and they go inside your helmet. Like other mods, they will (at least eventually) be able to be removed and re-socketed as you upgrade.
    2. See other responses.
    3. We don't have specifics to share about what happens after this capsule is retired, whether the contents will go somewhere else or simply be unretired from time to time.
    3a. You can trade the sub-capsules or send them to your alts before you open them. Once you open the that and have gear at your character's appropriate level, you can no longer trade it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All gear will (soon) have a new slot.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not currently, but it's an interesting suggestion for the down the road.
    • Like x 3
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

I suggested the same thing, a pack that had all the base items associated with an episode that we can buy at the marketplace, maybe if we keep making noise about it they do it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gwalir Loyal Player

Even Trinkets?
  6. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Yeah I would even pay lets say I get 500 DB a month I would pay money to have the currency to purchase things, like my one toon is all about death so I went and bought all the coffins out of the broker
  7. BumblingB I got better.

3a Is there going to be NO way to include alt progression w/o having to wait until next year for the unlock system? Really disapointed with how alts are treated. I understand I can send the item over, but what about the style? What if I wanted the style on one character and gear on another? I would have to pray to RNGesus to get another one? Same goes with bringing alt ups. The gear would be nice to send CR locked at a higher level to help bring the alt up. Like the old lockbox jewelry.
    • Like x 1
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

To not get into it too much, does it mean gear that already has one will have a new one, or just gear that didn't?, and new mods then adding to the ones we already have?, answer which ever you can if any, thanks.
  9. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

I really hope the new mods will be tested non stop and not favor one power over another.
  10. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Actually and I am normally not vocal towards their choices, the auras and emblems are things people asked for and the fact that no one knows how or when these will happen other than they will be available to everyone means that they are actually listening
    • Like x 1
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Except that thousands of players have been asking for the Lantern Emblems and Mist Auras. They're giving us exactly what we asked for.
    • Like x 2
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

Then jump out and save yourself and let us crash with it. Oh and we did ask for new daily things, this is something we can do every day.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nothing, not related to capsules or today's announcements.
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

I despise booster bundles, too. Sure, I have purchased the auras with in-game cash but I still disagree with the bundles existing in the first place. RNG boxes are a cancer, IMO.

These capsules are a great way to tease out some more income for the game, no doubt. The details yet to be revealed will determine my final opinion of them and their impact on the game.
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

This is something a lot of us brought up back when they first introduced Prom Boxes. Since this new system is adding a f2p element "crates", a tradeable key would be beneficial to step away from the idea of a P2W feeling a lot of us are getting from the boosted head mods.
    • Like x 1
  16. dogmaticus83 Active Player

Awesome! Thanks for that! :) As I wrote - I'm really looking forward to Jack at the helm of DCUO! There are few people understanding superhero gaming as he does! :) And yeah... there will be lots of complaining about lockboxes, and DBG being greedy or something ;), but I still suspect, that games are being made in order to gain profit by the developers, not only for fun ;) ;) ;).
    • Like x 1
  17. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Why don't you guys fix bugs instead of all this stuff I believe we didn't ask for? Improve the modding system, stuff like that.
    • Like x 1
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

They are probably saving progression for after Ep 27, since style and gear unlock affects progression in general.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Feats can be earned from getting the different things in capsules.
  20. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Exactly? Did we ask for them to be part of an RNG box?
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.