Dev Discussion Producer’s Letter: The Summer of Wonder!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Jackster, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmce84 Loyal Player

meh, every once in a while i find a diamond when i get a villain style on my hero. but yeah i'm overstocked on omega soders as it is.
    • Like x 2
  2. Psiborg New Player

Statesman!!!!

So happy to hear you're over here. Any chance you can get those folks at NCSoft to sell Daybreak City of Heroes? (Sorry had to ask). I'm hoping your influence will help DCUO be less of a grind, I would love to return full time.
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

Hopefully it isn't another scam like crafting is, fact is playing without replay isn't enough to craft gear while the content is relevant, hopefully the keys drop rate is at least 1/4 of what it takes to get a prom box, so that we're not tricked into buying them. But also the capsule drop rate has to be adequate with the keys drop rate.
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

They stated that the capsules will be more common than prom boxes.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Correct. Based on your combat rating, it gives you something that is a small improvement. It works like that up to a cap that is not as good as the best Episode 24-26 gear.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Soon.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Does anyone have a screen shot of the Deadshot gear?
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I love that you are finally releasing the Lantern Emblems and Mist Auras.

One question though, was Jack paramount to getting these emblems, or was this something that DC had already decided to let us use ?
    • Like x 1
  9. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Did they mention anything about feats related to the capsules?
  10. Professor Zoom Well-Known Player

Hi, nice stream you make there, so manny good newsm.
    I have a request or capsules.
    Dear Santa:
    Please PLEASE, a flash and reverse flash themed style, and emblem. It will be really cool to finally have those ear wings i was waiting for 4 years.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The batman gear is not color locked. We simply showed the style in a traditional color scheme. On that note, neither is the deadshot gear or the wonder woman emblem. The Lantern emblems will be color locked, for obvious reasons!
    • Like x 3
  12. Physique Dedicated Player

Not trying to appear ungrateful or unfeeling towards both the F2P and premium players but as someone who has held subscription to the game from day one, it seems like as you expand and add more options for those players, the benefits of being a full time subscriber become more and more diminished over time.

I am all for the open content as this will bring more and more players back over time and perhaps bolster interest in subscriptions or outright content purchases but as far as things go, the benefits of subscription over longer time periods just seem like they're not as appreciated.

Maybe this is just a feeling that long-term players get but we see a lot of new benefits go to new players and almost never have anything exclusive extended to subscribers aside from occasionally getting access to new content a few days in advance. The only real benefit there is now is the 500 LP / SC + 150 replay badges (which allows exactly one raid reset per month).

Most of the items that now drop in Promethium Lockboxes aren't as valuable as, if you're been here for 5+ years (and I realize the number of players who have been is really small) you will have almost all the styles and those you don't have (alt faction) give you no skill point bonus to complete.

All of this said, the question I have is has there ever been any conversation internally with regards to increasing subscriber benefits for Legenndary or Lifetime subscribers?
    • Like x 1
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

But haven't said anything about the keys, which is what matters.
    • Like x 1
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

Please be careful to not further trivialize vendor gear with this stuff. The style will sell it.
    • Like x 2
  15. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm curious about the head mods and how they work. Can they be removed from gear if you upgrade a piece or are they one and done?
    • Like x 1
  16. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I was trying to ask in there, didn't see another thread for suggestions, would it be possible in the future for base item vendors, not with the feat associated base items of course, but one with other things so that people can decorate their bases, even if it was a currency that was purchased in the MP like maybe "Base Bucks" there are a lot of people that are into building bases and even I have gotten into it recently for alts.

Oh and before I forget Kudos to whoever took off the locks on those time capsule items that is nice
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I'm curious to know how you feel if they were tradeable keys included? Where you could barter with in game currency like getting a Booster Bundle Aura.
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

I have to agree with some and have said it my self for some time, being a member feels like punishing in this game, the model needs to change and fast, because the more free content or premium content added, the less need that we'll have for a membership, because unlimited cash isn't worth 14.99 a month.
    • Like x 1
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

The Supercharged Head Mods seem totally unbalanced to me. Many DPS AMs are built around an exact cookie cutter loadout that doesn't even allow for room to use a Supercharge. When I saw the Grand Summoning one on the Livestream I nearly spit out my drink. That's what Sorcery needs is Grand Summoning more often lol ...

As usual though, I'll reserve complete judgement until it's live.
    • Like x 3
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

So I guess vendor gear will be 3rd best now so RNG gear in the raids now in these new new capsules as well why don't they just put the best gear in the marketplace it's slowly working towards that as it is .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.