Dev Discussion Producer’s Letter: The Summer of Wonder!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Jackster, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

As far as it is known, they're considering a new season but there's no timeframe on it
  2. Fun Dealer Level 30

Those new lockboxes...i have a bad felling o_O
    They sound way too much to those boxes dropped by planes in H1N1
    • Like x 1
  3. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

literally nothing in Jack's statement even remotely implies this. This is exactly how the misinformation threads start, filled with righteous indignation about something that was never said by anybody.

I really don't understand this community sometimes. We should be head over heels happy that someone with Jack's experience has taken over producing the game, considering this game would not exist without the game he created years ago. Anyone who played CoH/CoV knows just how derivative this game is of that one. Give the guy a little benefit of the doubt, he's been doing this a long time. Stop "sky is falling" every single new idea that comes out of the dev team before you've even seen it in action.

And to those claiming "not enough perks with legendary" just stop. Us legendary members get A LOT for the fee we pay. Stop demanding more. we are owed exactly nothing more than we have ever recieved.
    • Like x 5
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So has the marketplace cost of the keys been determined yet? Or is that still to be decided?

I'd also like to lobby for the Vault to be regularly updated every three months or so, while we're talking about dropping items.
  5. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I want a flash themed time and space capusle, saying it right now. flash and reverse flash helmets, logos, slimlines chests and legs. Kid flash helmet and logo, jesse quick stuff
    • Like x 3
  6. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Capsule Request:

Black Mist Aura

Flash Emblem

Zoom / Flash Themed Gear
    • Like x 2
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

Their answer about how we obtain keys in the game is disconcerting. It seems they are creating an instance or task that rewards the keys and that's fine. However, it also provides a way to time-gate our acquisition of them via loot locks. I have the feeling that we will obtain far more capsules than we will be able to obtain keys without opening our wallets, even as members.

I am troubled.
    • Like x 8
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I asked if they were going away there's no reason to attack me or the community and in all honesty I don't know anything about the new guy in charge other then the pay soda was his idea and that's enough reason for me to ask the question.
    • Like x 2
  9. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Also, hope the Future Batman style isn't colour locked, so i can create a no-jacket Red Hood Style.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Question: Are the mods trade-able after you get them? As I can't imagine getting a sorcery mod on a Gadgets toon worth it. Also does it relate to your mainframe? Oh and is it a permanant upgrade to your gear/power? Finally, can we get a list of what the mods do?

Question: Why are you returning to gear items that are based on CR when they used to be in Prom Boxes way back when? It seemed that you were stepping away from them. What's the point? Will they have a cap on them? After unlocking them, would we have them account bound like the old ones in Prom Boxes? It would be good for alts to send one I got on BB to a toon I'm working on.

Question: 2 months for these items, will we be able to get the batman style if the boxes don't return? Will the batman style drop in the loot picker of prom boxes?
    • Like x 2
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

Do the head mods only work on the special gear?, because head gear doesn't have white sockets.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I'm curious if keys will be trade-able too. If so, that would be like TF2 crate keys. Which would be not so bad in a barter system.
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

What is happening with the Prom boxes, if anything?
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They answered that (the tradeable part) in the stream. As far as Mepps and SJ were aware it was supposed to be tradeable, so they said they're going to look into it.
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure they specifically said it wasn't.
  16. tokidokij Active Player

I don't think anything is happening with the prom. boxes. I think they'll stay the same.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Overbloated with styles that you can acquire easy in game. :(
    • Like x 2
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

They did say those can be bought or earned, so i'm guessing they are account bound.
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Read through the letter, watched the livestream.

Capsules are interesting, and my inner Lantern nerd was going nuts over the emblems. Also interesting that the gear sets might provide an alternative method for players to get a second set of gear for off-damage roles that way. The devil in the details I think is going to be how the in-game method for getting stabilizers works, so while I do find it interesting I'm going to hold off a bit on going gung-ho over them until some more information surfaces.

The looks of the Future Batman and Deadshot sets were great. Not quite enough to get me to PvP, mind you, but the Deadshot set is cool. :p

It would have been nice to see an alternate effect for post-30 players when redeeming the new Wonder Woman emblem, but we are getting an iconic emblem for free, so I guess I can't complain too much about it.

As for future capsule ideas, I'd have to second the Flash-themed ideas mentioned already. The show's been a good hit and with the number of Barry, Wally and Zoom players around (exactly how many REAL Barry Allens are out there? LOL) I can see that going over well.
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

If this new thing is too focused on microtransactions over and above the membership fee, I will uninstall and never come back. Ever. I absolutely loved SWTOR and I still miss playing it pre-4.0 but I will never "step foot" in that game again because of what the devs did to it with the Cartel Market and their current content model. I speak both with my wallet and my time as both are valuable to the f2p model. Fewer people playing is just as harmful to the game as not paying as without other people playing, the MM part of MMOs ceases to exist.

In general, I have few problems with the model itself so long as paying a subscription allows almost unlimited access to the game's features. DCUO already fails in that regard thanks to armories and the teleporter being cash shop exclusives. Even with the content of the capsules being able to be traded, adding even more assets that are heavily dependent on RMT (and RNG on top of that for extra salt) will be the final straw for me.

How often you can acquire these keys by playing the game as well as their cost on the marketplace will be major factors in my final opinion on these capsules. I anxiously await these details.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.