Dev Discussion Producer’s Letter: The Summer of Wonder!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Jackster, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequin Devoted Player

It sounds like these will have unbound gear with actual stats plus those head mods that give stats, too. Everything other than the sodas you can get from a prom box is convenience/cosmetic. This is a radical change.
    • Like x 2
  2. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Really nice stuff Jackster.

Im Leary on the time/space capsule. I really hope they are regularly dropping and guaranteed. Not hidden behind RNG.
    If its not hidden behind RNG that'll probably one of the best additions in the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sivulla Dedicated Player

I guess they work like lockboxes, so there is a chance of getting styles that you already have?
    if feats are included in these new capsules, is it like style related feats or something else?

Will you reveal capsule key pricing and how they are earned with gameplay in stream?
    • Like x 1
  4. tokidokij Active Player

Imo, it would've been better to add the time/space capsules to the lockboxes instead... Just hope it doesn't become something of a cash grab and P2W..
    • Like x 7
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Harlequin Devoted Player

That is certainly a possibility. I'm not sure how probable it is, though.
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It seems like every day there's less and less of a reason to stay legendary.
    • Like x 7
  8. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One wants to know what if you already have the Wonder Woman emblem? Also the extra xp is that for just 1 toon or for all alts?
  9. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Whats next for PvP as far as actual tweaks to the system?
  10. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Appropriate to the level of your character. Hopefully not AS good as current end content gear, so it doesn't seem P2W.
  11. dogmaticus83 Active Player

First of all - I did not know that Jack Emmert joined DCUO - probably I missed this part mainly because I was too busy with the so called "real life" ;), which meant for me changing job, moving 400km's back to my home town, raising my daughter, and all that non-DCUO, less important stuff ;).

Anyway - belated, but sincere welcome to Jackster!!! I've been a huge fan of City of Heroes & Villains, I loved Champions Online before Cryptic decided to stop doing anything with that game (sadly I'm a lifetime subscription owner for that game), and to be honest CO got me into the whole Champions universe (I even supported a book on Kickstarter :) ). To see a person who did so many amazing things in MMORPG's, and pretty much created the most stunning stuff that ever happened to superhero gaming, join DCUO, and bring all that experience to my favorite superhero universe of DC is more than exciting!

Looking forward to seeing how the game will develop from now. I must say that most of the changes done to DCUO in recent months have been great, and the only thing I regret is that I don't have enough time to play both Star Trek Online and DCUO as much as I would like... oh well I might also regret the fact, that I'm a hopeless altoholic, who has 30 character slots and always has a new idea for a hero or villain (usually with a full backstory ;) ). Which means I rarely achieve much. This is also why I am looking forward to the lvl 20 boost, as well as to the whole "skip tutorial" feature.

I won't write much about "The Summer of Wonder" - I think it's brillliant. Wonder Woman is one of the key characters in the history of comic books, and probably THE greatest comic book role model for girls and woman allover the world. I am more than happy that my daughter, as she grows up, will be able to admire not only the grim Batman, or the legendary boy scout Superman, but also a strong, beautiful, smart and wise woman such as Diana.

When it comes to time capsules - this is pretty much the "Lockbox" from Star Trek Online. As much as I love the idea, I am more fond of the Promethium Boxes, that I can open freely as a lifetime subscriber. Will those go away? Or function together with the Time Capsules?

Also - it would be great if you could feature more vintage styles. I love stylish, vintage costumes, many of my characters come from alternate realities of 1930's or 1950's. Time Capsules seem like a perfect medium to distribute those.

Wow... this turned out to be one long post ;). Anyway - it's great to see Jack being part of DCUO, and I can only hope that the game will only get better and better!
    • Like x 1
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

If lockboxes go away what's is going to replace it for legendary members?
    • Like x 3
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This was a lovely video, by the way, and kudos to those who put it together. They deserve to be credited at the end!

It was delightful to finally see Susan Eisenberg, listen to her talk about the character, and see a bit of the voice work being done.

This video is a lovely job, and it's very encouraging to see such good work. Thanks to all involved!
    • Like x 3
  14. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It might be in the plans to kill off legendary and make everything pay as you go. Who needs a steady stream of loyal players and payers these days?
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

You definitely have a valid concern there. I think these boxes may be a great addition, or they may be the new worst thing to ever happen. It's once again a matter of how it's implemented.

Tradable items and earnable keys sound good, but drop rates and gear quality will show if this is a blatant P2W addition or a solid F2P concept.
    • Like x 3
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is a new Wonder Woman emblem. Nobody has it yet!
    • Like x 1
  17. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

If this new PvP Gear/Map is set to release on the date of the Suicide Squad movie (August 5th), shouldn't it be on the test server by now?
    • Like x 1
  18. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

19. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Definitely intrigued by the TC's. Just hope the ingame method of obtaining the keys isn't as terrible as the current scaps crafting system we have now.
    • Like x 2
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

"singing all you need is styles" with all you need is love tune :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.