Dev Discussion Producer’s Letter: The Summer of Wonder!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Jackster, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

We are getting a lot of stuff that wan't announced. Weapons and balancing the rest of the powers should be priority. I have 15 toons, 7 that hasn't been respeced in 3 years. 2 sorcery, 2nature, ice, earth, and gadgets. Please no more new unannounced stuff before planned quality of life changes
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

OMFG...Did I read that right? HEAD MODS are coming!?
  3. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I think a more likely scenario is that getting the key will be easy, but set up behind an instance that you need to unlock with replay badges, or wait a day for loot unlock, or buy them on the marketplace. But really its all just speculation on our part. I for one am prepared to give Jack the benefit of the doubt for now. He never let us down in CoH/CoV.
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If anything members will get 1 key a day. If you want more keys it will cost $2.5 for 1 or $20 for 20.

The new boxes will contain the stuff you want and will be tradable. Down the road you may even be able to trade in game currecny (MoV or whatever they create) for MPC.

These are things that are in Neverwinter by Cryptic studios, you know the team Jack left to come here. I expect similar results here.

I can tell you this from my Neverwinter experience, you will get the items you don't want but are helpful.
  5. YinChakra Dedicated Player

I hope the drop rate is high; need that amber mist! and FB chest style.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

FTP and Premium players can see the mark relevancy windows when they queue up for content. If they don't read it that's their own fault. But of course, you're correct in what you're saying: this is designed to entice people into buying episodes and/or subbing.

As for vanity items, the people that work on those are completely different to the people that work on creating content and/or fixing bugs. It's not a "one or the other" situation. You may not like dressing your character up, but a huge huge portion of the community love vanity items. This game is about creating your own superhero or villain, and a part of having your own character is trying to give them a unique look. The more vanity items we have, the better able we are to create unique looks.
    • Like x 3
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sorry, but vanity or gameplay. No. Fix the game first, then give people their vanity.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

That is a good question. Wondering that myself. Although i think most who want the deadshot gear are 99 or 100 pvp cr and will just grind it when it goes live to get the gear and have something to do. Would be interesting to hear an answer to your question tho. Id also wonder if that future batman style would be dropping in prom boxes, just the style. And if not would it eventually be added into the prom boxes.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Did you even read what I wrote? The people that make vanity items are different from the people that work on "fixing" the game and making new content. If the people that make vanity items stopped making them then game fixes wouldn't come out any faster, it would just result in artists sitting at their desks twiddling their thumbs.
    • Like x 2
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

When I'm working on sound assets I'm not working on animation bugs.
  11. ShoRyuu Active Player

It seems the loot lock in raid isnt working properly i had loot locked all open episodes from t5 raid yesterday as a F2P it was said to be 14 days of loot lock until it reset although it still appeared lootlocked for all bosses i manage to get loot the next day i was confused and alert reset the following day as well although it was said to be 7 days not sure if it was unintentionally done by devs
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Al lot of us would really like nature and electric fixed. The 2 powers have been unplayable in dps role for over a year now and while other powers, most which were already in a good place got update after update and these powers got nothing but further and further behind. Now its prob going to be another 6 months before we see these powers looked at and thats simply unacceptable especially for such easy fixes.

GU50 was supposed to be the nature and electric update and it hit test around this time last year and the guy working on the powers goes on vacation during the update then comes back and basically does nothing to the powers then gives us some lame statement saying if they still needs some work when it hits live we can always fix it in a hotfix....well over a year later and still waiting for that hotfix......

Things like this are reasons the game isn't in the best place at the moment, these 2 powers are pretty simple to bring up to par but yet have been neglected for so long. Myself and many other players are very frustrated with the lack of effort being put forth to help these powers out.

I mean none of this with any disrespect but i've been playing this game for over 5 years and have just seen the ball dropped on things to many times and i really hope things turn around.
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Pardon me if this has been asked and answered, but does the XP boost that comes with the WW emblem stack with the marketplace XP boosters, or will using one over-write the 100% boost?
  14. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Update on eye colour change for Future Batman Helm ?
  15. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

I so second that! 100% ACK!

Even in Healer role both powers fall behind.
    Looks like the only guy(s) that could've fixed these problems and have had the knowledge
    have been cut in the "purge".

GU 50 was a year ago. It really fixed nothing! So we are neglected for over 2years now!!
    At least give the powers a damage boost in a hot fix.
    Can't be that difficult, even for developers who a new to this game/genre, their occupation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.