Problem with mist affected bounties

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TechWarrior0329, Jun 26, 2017.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I arrived at Union Station hunting mist affected bounties and came upon this.....

[IMG]

It was the green mist that forms around a bounty showing you where they are.... and yes while its hard to see in the picture there was the usual beam of green light shooting up into the sky. Now in this picture you don't see any of them but I had a feeling this has some thing to do with Black Adam since I spotted several Green Lanterns hovering near the mist as well. The thing just kept fading in and out and after I took the picture I just continued looking for something to attack. A few minutes later I returned and this time spotted Black Adam in the mist. Then he took off flying, leaving the mist behind, and attacked a lone green lantern high up in the sky. I engaged and defeated him and the rest of the time I spent on the zone the problem did not occur again.

Probably a glitch that was allowing the lanterns to spawn without him and then wander off. Or ?? some thing like that. Now in the picture.... scan to your right .. you will notice no red dot any where near the area where the mist is. But that one GREEN dot in the mini map is a Lantern just off screen.

Sadly no clue what caused it and who knows how long it will be before it occurs again but until Black Adam finally showed up and i was able to defeat him nothing else was spawning in that part of the map... Now after he was defeated I managed to find and defeat Parasite and Scarecrow within a fairly short amount of time. So what ever caused the glitch was probably also keeping any of the other bounties from spawning near Union Station as well.

Anyone else ever run into this? I have a number of alt with the feats for those guys and its the first time I ever saw that happen? Report has been filed but who knows if the Techs can ever get it to happen again and if they can't observe and analyze they supposedly can not fix. :(
  2. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

First off, that's yellow not green. And it does happen cause they fight npc's and they do eventually wonder off. Nothing new.
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well on my laptop it all comes off greenish and all bounties WANDER around but not that far. I was searching the entire area for any of them and Black Adam was no where to be found.. Plus like I said first thing I saw when I arrived at Union Station was just a "yellow" cloud with a trio of Lanterns huddled around it and NO Black Adam anywhere. Who was he attacking? Some noisy dog down the street?

Oh and when I did find him he was doing one of those typical moves we have all come to know and love(??) Fortunately I was using an Alt that could fly because when i finally engaged him he was so high up and no where near a building that no speedster or Acrobat could have attacked him at all.

Allow me to give a bit more detail... The cloud would appear but no bounty of any kind. It would fade in and fade out and in particular if I flew close enough it just vanished.. Sort of like it was determined not to allow a bounty to appear or let a player get close. It was about the 4th or 5th time I passed by the Black Adam actually emerged with absolutely no Green lanterns and then almost immediately headed straight up in the sky to attack a lone Lantern hovering up there. In short.. No where near what you normally see.
  4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Sounds like he was off fighting lanterns the whole time the mist was there. It wasnt until you came back for a 4th-5th time that he reset to his orginal position.

I've spent a little time hunting mist bounties lately but if I see a glow I see the bounty. I do have trouble finding the glowy mist spots though. I need Hawkman, Black Canary, Wildcat. Greens seem more rare than blues(villain side).

But yeah I think he was out of position and fighting that whole time. Which I have not seen.