Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockhound665, Sep 20, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, Rousey may have gone a little too far, butt that ref had no business putting his hands on her after she let that wannabe go, same with that security idiot: she was out of the ring talking with her husband, security should never have been brought out in the first place

Seeing Lio get crushed! That was a highlight for me, even more than Lashley running away like a steroidal Chihuahua :D

Good on Minnie Mac, finally seeing that Mizerable piece of offal for what he is and curbstomping both him and his baked-potato faced daddy (cereally, what is wrong with Papa Miz, that it took 30 years and a fake belt before he could say how proud he was of his son? o_O)

Kingston. Has. Not. Earnt. ****!!! More importantly, he hasn't been deprived of anything: he was handed, not earnt, two opportunities, and he lost both times!! Why the Freakazoid does he feel he deserves a third shot? o_O
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Why doesn't Kofi deserve another shot? How many times Roman lost to Brock but yet keep getting chances after chances.
    Far as the Ronda story, it gotten worse and stupid in my opinion. I guess Ref does what he needs to do to keep things in control but I agree about the security, that was stupid and didn't make sense. Again the security story arc is dumb in the first place.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

At the start of the year, they claimed there would no longer be automatic rematches: they lose and move down to the bottom of the ladder, butt, Kingston was literally handed three title shots in as many weeks, and lost all of them, and yet his butt-licker buddy's are claiming he is being 'held back', and threatened to quit if they didn't get answers
    As Papa Mac said: Kingston is a solid B+ star, butt what about the other two? And gave them an opportunity to give Kingston a fourth title shot!!
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

True they said no automatic rematches but yet Bobby loss the IC title, he gets another shot at Finn Balor. Bobby wins the IC title, now Finn is getting another shot at the IC title. We've seen Bobby vs Finn for 100 times already. Far as Kofi goes, at least there is a story telling. I don't agree he is a B+. He was never given the same opportunities as certain stars like John Cena, and Roman Reigns. Now that he was given an opportunity, he finally gets to show what he is capable of. How is that a bad thing? We need more stars. Hell they gave Jinder a chance, that was an epic failure.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not saying he's not talented, just this whole "New Day" **** is old and stale, like the pancakes they toss out
    It doesn't help that the 'fans' are morons, and, as the New Daniel Bryan keeps pointing out: fickle as ****

He has had three shots at the bio-degradable belt already this year, and yet, New Stain is demanding answers for why he's 'being held back'
    Being a B+ star doesn't mean he isn't good, he's just not Great
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be fair, a lot of those same arguments seemed to be made about Daniel Bryan by the powers-that-be back in the day.

Given the right timing and the right push with someone who has talent, the sky's the limit. Looking back on Cena's TV premiere against Kurt Angle, I don't think anyone would have predicted how far he would go, especially when he shifted into the whole "rapper" bit for a while.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If Kingston wants a chance, he's going to have to lose the lame gimmick
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Getting away from the storyline discussion a bit, if you have the time it's worth looking up the latest clip from Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on YouTube. Turns out he's something of a fan and likes wrestling, but that doesn't stop him from taking a good hard look at WWE and how it treats the wrestlers it employs.

I'd post it here but I'm taking the safe route because of the language. It runs about 20 minutes long but well worth a watch, especially on what is basically the eve of this year's WrestleMania.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, nah, personally can't stand that English face-planter or anything he has to spew
    He was a loser of that John Stewart show, he's now an even bigger loser with his own crap-show
  11. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

I do not need to agree with someone on TV to be entertained by what they say. :)

I will admit, though... there are things on TV that I no longer watch, because they have lost everything including entertainment value. Take, for example, most reality TV stuff. Utter garbage. I try to watch a little and think to myself: "I've seen this before, it's just a different face on the same crap". Especially the Kardashian junk. I have absolutely ZERO interest in anything about them at all. Well, unless the headline is something like: "Entire Kardashian family dies in horrible gruesome airplane tragedy"... that... that I'd be interested in. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Some of the Kardashian's are good, Gul Dukat was always fun to watch :p

Ever since that Oliver monkey-sniffer declared spaghetti-pizza a hate crime, he lost whatever validity he had left
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

So how many people going to watch all 8 hours of WrestleMania? I don't have the network because not worth the money, so not going to watch it but a friend of mine will watch it for 8 hours.
    • Like x 1
  14. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Maybe not all 8 hours... but i'll watch a good chunk of it :)

One of my buddies has it at his place. I'll be heading there for most of it. (not that i'm a cheapskate, just that if he already paid, and I can watch it there for free... )
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, it's eight hours now? :eek: How much of that is made up of pointless waffling and ads? o_O

Their 'storylines' are getting even more stupider: it's one thing to put that stipulation that the first one of the females to 'turn' on the other(s) would be removed from the Main Event (why even put them in that situation in the first place?), butt to have what happened after the match was ridiculous! Even real rent-a-cops know not to put suspects in the same car, butt to then move one from one car and attempt to put them in another car that already had one of the other arrestees was beyond sloppy. And are American cars that crappily built now that a few kicks can not only shatter the glass butt break the window frame? o_O

That tired cliché of "we pay your wages with our taxes!"? Cereally?

Has Rey-Rey even had a single win since his return? Can remember him losing to a rookie! :eek:
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Damn, Kingston is really being pushed to become a Heel, isn't he? Rather than wait until he was on his own show (for now...), he wanted to take Rollins', because the Drag Queen had two belts he felt he deserved two as well? o_O
    Knew something would happen to put an end to that farce, wasn't expecting The Bar to be lowered though :p
    Speaking of: where the heck did the Big Mac go during the Triple match with Blow Day? No way any of that lot could have taking him out of the match!

Finally, that Southern Tart is going to get some action! Oh, and a match in the ring :p
    Was cereally getting tired of seeing her show up during someone elses match or promo, shake her plastic mounds dismissively (yes, your surgeon did a great job, worth every rupee) and then slink back to the locker room

Didn't they use to do a yearly shake-up between the two brands? Bout time they brought that back, might make things a little fresher
    Speaking of fresh, how cool is it to see the Hardy Boyz back? Last time saw Matt, he looked a little out of shape (well, technically 'round' is a shape :p), now he looks closer to his fit younger self (little more muscle than he use to, which is good)
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Later news Sasha wants to quit WWE. They sent her on vacation hoping she changes her mind. She was pissed after losing the tag titles at WrestleMania after fighting to get them to be made. I'm no Sasha fan but seems like when she gets a title, she loses it as fast as she gets it. Is it because she isn't blond with big breast or is there more to it then that? Nobody knows what goes on back stage before and after the show.

Reason Brawn didn't get the Universal champ because he leaves early and shows up late. Could be back stage antics the reason or politics.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah that's the thing a lot of people forget (both the fans and the detractors)- WWE is not really about the ability of the 'stars' in the ring, it's a sport opera, everything (not counting injuries or real life) is scripted

Just look at the recent 6-man Tag between New Blow and The Bar: when Kingston finally was able to hit the Scottish Mohawk with his signature kick, the Mohawk stood there to enable the kick to connect (he wasn't stunned or anything)

Same with when that Southern Tart punched The Mange: Lynch knew the punch was coming, the slow-motion replay gave it away because you could clearly see her turn her head in preparation and close her eyes (no, it's not a case of the camera catching her in a blink)
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

There is no way that Southern Tart could knock out Nattie in one punch!

Good to see Paige return with the new Women's Tag-Team Champions (those Aussie idiots are an embarrassment to women everywhere)
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't care for Lacy Evans. She might be able to since she is a former Marine but still doesn't make me care for her.