Privileges without Membership

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 23rd Emperor, Jul 30, 2021.

1. 23rd Emperor Active Player

This is not a rant about membership. I just want to know if it is possible for non-membership players to get traded cash that goes beyond their amount allowed in their bank. I have 3 toons that have good names and I'm willing to sell from a range of 300k cash to 1m and I'm not sure if the pricing is right so please correct me if I'm wrong to sell it at those prices.

I don't have membership and I also know that you can't trade cash without membership so I was wondering what if the other player had membership and wanted to give me 1m cash? Would that be possible even though the other player has no membership or premium? Thanks.
  2. CandySlinger Active Player

I’ve been premium my entire play time in this game, the trading cash portion seems like the right amount of hassle that can be conveniently avoided if you happen to be a member instead. Especially with the cash cap going away, that opens up broker access in a way that will drastically alter premium players ability to access the in game economy and comes with the caveat that you are losing percentages from each transaction that members have the resources to circumvent entirely. Frustrating and effective advertisement for in game features.

Though I do wish there was an additional resource given out to premium players who purchased the home base dlc/ piecemealed together their base/armory/utility belt already. Mostly because going from 1 armory to a multiple ones makes it useful for actual in game switching as opposed to “this is the stuff I can’t delete or salvage accidentally”. But at least premium players who haven’t encountered this yet can share the experience. Quite frustrating… and an effective advertisement for in game features.
  3. 23rd Emperor Active Player

Thanks for replying. Though, I am unable to understand most of what was being said because your vocabulary is too much for me to process in my mind. I have trouble making decision on whether or not to purchase premium, or membership or not because I was so hellbent on not buying it for reasons such as

"I won't purchase it until they fix PvP which is never"
    "This game is so infuriating, I don't know how much longer I'm going to take so purchasing it for a month 12 times would be money more than I can afford and for 6 months I'm not even sure if I would even be playing the game for that long"
  4. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

No, legendary members can not trade / give cash to premium players.
    If your characters have time invested in them past level 15 or so, they are worth more than 1 million. To sell a name, you would need to spend $10 to renamed the character you're selling or delete the character. 1 million is very easy to earn.
    • Like x 1
  5. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

You can trade for items that are equal to what you want....
    .......ie
    Find something that you want thats worth lets say 1m. Trade for that item.
    Badabingbadabang.... Easycheesy and you're all set. I'm assuming you want 1m for something in game anyway.
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

You can't trade cash in any way without both sides having a membership, but this will change in the next Episode (Will launch in 3-4 weeks), as every premium player will have a unlimted cash cap.

300k-1m isn't worth **** this days. 1 10-15 minute raid is worth of source marks enough to get about 4-5 million cash.
    I don't know how valuable your names would be, as I have never bought/sold a name myself, but 300k-1m isn't even worth the trouble of logging off to delete a character and potentially get scammed, as you can get it in 1/10 of a hour. In real world money (Based on gold seller ads), 300k is about 2 cents of a dollar (although trading cash for money is agains't the TOS)
  7. Zamara Dedicated Player

Where did they mention trading cash being changed? the only change mentioned in the update post for premium players was unlimited cash cap, trading doesn't get mentioned there outside of the membership perks that will still be there.
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Indeed, but you can still use the put a single soda for 1 billion on broker trick