Livestream Previews: Dark Knights Time Capsule & Metal Part I

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

See I actually liked Metal (atleast the side stories of each origin) because it made batman(and woman) more human. Each of those batpersons were shown to be grieving a great loss that affected him. The murder machine was alfred. The dawnbreaker was his parents. The drowned was Aquawoman. The Devastator was Superman. The Merciless was Wonder Woman. The Red Death was Flash. The Batman who laughs was Joker. Sure some of them he killed them (Flash Diana Superman Joker) But before that he lost an emotion tied to them. For Superman it was hope and faith. For Wonder Woman it was love and compassion. For Flash it was friendship and belief. For Aquaman it was trust and respect. For Joker it was his humanity and morals. Each of the evil batpersons are being driven by an insurmountable amount of grief. And that's what I liked. Ironically they made Batman more human by giving him powers. Because each of those batmen was grief. Something anyone can feel. When our mother died my sister entered into a state of unfeeling shock. She just kept talking about how she had to take our mom to appointments the next day. Much like dawnbreaker entered a state of unfeelingness. Meanwhile I entered depression followed by rage. It was unfair you know? Why did it have to be my mom? Why take her the most wonderful person to grace this world and leave so many evil people here. It was unfair. These Batmen you can connect with because despite their powers. They are the loss of an emotion because of the loss of a loved one. But I'm not arguing how you feel. Just pointing out how I see it because I find it so interesting how so many people can feel so many things from the same source.
    • Like x 3
  2. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Superman doesn't have an episode except the episode where he "dies" honestly Even in comics nobody stays dead so the ending of the episode wasn't that big of a shock. And even tgen the style we got had absolutely nothing to do with Superman. Sure the main man style is awesome and When my toon just wants to chill he'll wear the main man legs with no feet as that comes with a good looking feet style attached but it had nothing to do with Superman or Doomsday or hell even Lois Lane. The Superman episode that was supposed to come as one of three got broken up in the monthly episodes and came as one raid (two if you want to get technical since BBS had to deal with Kandor.) one alert and one solo.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

oh pls all those cry babies complaining about Batman & Superman missing Episodes... J0nn J0nzz says "get in Line" !
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

The Twitch app once again proves unreliable on the ps4 smh. someone post a recap after & ill watch it here ig.
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I know i talked alot of crap ab it being all bman armor, but the laughing shoulders are actually nice, gonna look good on my main man chest
    • Like x 1
  6. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Saw the livestream....
    I liked the new stuff
  7. Aerith Rose Committed Player

So no new artifacts it seems?

I like the variety of materials. I just hope there not ultra rare.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think he said the La Mort Card Accessory is the ultra rare.
    • Like x 3
  9. Eve YouTuber

After this stream I really can't wait for Metal I stream.
    • Like x 2
  10. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Since this is a short episode cycle (~3 months between Metal I & Metal II, as opposed to 5+ months on JLD), are we going to get a discount on the vendor gear?
    • Like x 1
  12. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I hope to download both Livestream Replays tomorrow so I can finally watch them.
    RL kept me busy this summer, so I could not do JLD as much as I had hoped/expected to, but I was enjoying if vey much.
    I am now subbed/Legendary/All Access again, for at least a moth or two so hopefully I can squeeze in some more JLD amongst my exploration of Metal.
    While I like what I have seen so far of the new content, I really need to know what's in the new TC, if there's anything I really want or need in it.
    Not a fan of the Bat Who Laughs, so i'll likely trade my TCs for other TCs or gear I want.