Livestream Previews: Dark Knights Time Capsule & Metal Part I

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 19, 2019.

1. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Probably another 3 one in the time capsule and one in each part .
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

I spend most of my time grinding SP, and I've not spent a penny on TCs. 4 Accounts (3 Premium and 1 Legendary) = 1 Stabiliser a day, on average - mail it all to my Main, job done. Whatever duplicates I get for my Main, I sell on the broker, and buy what I don't have. I've usually easily finished a capsule before the next one comes out.

What, exactly, do you *have* to spend on, if you're grinding SP? Can you give an example, please?
    • Like x 1
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I'm not a fan either tnough I Do love new style pieces added to my styles but story wise It's not so interresting me thinks.I started reading the dark metal comis to catch up so mabye I'll like it eventually
    • Like x 1
  4. Myoxz Well-Known Player

You're right. I should've said "we either suck it up or move on".
    • Like x 1
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

hopefully the gear is like drowned & not like speed metal, hate gear that has a permanent emblem on it
  6. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Yeah, sorry. I don't mean to offend or be nasty or anything. I *did* just finish a dark and depressing story that I only read to the end in the hope that there would be something interesting in there that would make up for its general dark and doom and gloom ... I was being very negative when I posted yesterday because reading a story that ends in a giant deus ex machina, which is generally a sign of incredibly crappy plotting, was enough to make me want to throw the comic across the room. Unfortunately, I was reading it on a tablet on DC Universe, so that wasn't an option.

Ahem.

Nothing at all would make me happier if DCUO could turn this turd of a tale into something fantastic with lovely mechanics and splendid settings. I would be absolutely delighted to be completely wrong about their adaptation of a dark-for-dark's-sake story. The foundation they are building on is really weak, so I'm not willing to expect much. But I hope I am wrong. I hope these two DLCs - based on one of the worst DC stories in ages - turn out to be great. I hope this is literally the best thing they've done, but I don't expect it. That's why I've already said I'll probably try to play it through once. In the hope that they can turn manure into gold.

And, as I've said all along, I really wish they hadn't put two DLCs with the same story in a row. If they can't spin gold out of this toilet, they lose any fans who didn't like the first part. That might be one fan, or it might be a thousand. Who knows? But it's just not good business to put all your eggs in a single basket then throw the basket against a wall of unrelenting angst-dark-goth-bondage story. Heck, even if it was the greatest story ever, it's still not a good idea to throw that basket against it twice in a row.
    • Like x 2
  7. L T Devoted Player

Generally episodes have been spending about 2 weeks on test, so I'd guess the first or second Wednesday in September.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's assuming it goes on test this weekend. Of which, I'd expect it to or it would be wierd to hold a preview livestream this friday, but still.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Last few episodes have launched on a Thursday. So I'd guess 5 or 12 Sept.

They won't wanna release later than that as there's another episode in December. With a 3 month window. And they can't release an episode on or close to Christmas.
  10. hero turner Well-Known Player

Does it seem like we have more Batman episodes than we do the Others?
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No. When was the last Batman episode?
    • Like x 1
  12. Myoxz Well-Known Player

Hey, don't worry. We all have bad days every now and then. Regarding the 2 parts in a row, I think you're right. We had 3 parts of Amazon Fury, 2 of War of the Light and 2 of Halls of Power. And none of them were one after the other (of the same kind, of course). Whatever you do about it, just have in mind this is just a game, nothing more. :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Shn275 Well-Known Player

I wouldn't say so. It might seem that way because we stay in "Gotham" so often, but I can't really think of an Episode that's entirely dedicated to Batman. "Amazon Fury 1,2, & 3" takes place in Gotham, but it's entirely dedicated to Wonder Woman. "Earth 3" is pretty much a "villain" centered story line just like "Riddled With Crime". "War of the Light" is all about the Lanterns. "Deluge" & "Atlantis" are Aquaman-themed complete with new a new locale. "Halls of Power" and it's subsequent episodes are all about the New Gods. While "Harley's Heist", "Iceberg Lounge", & "Wayne Manor Galor" features Bruce in 2/3rds of the story line they're still not Batman-centric episodes. Other than the original Batcave raid story lines, Batman doesn't really have a DLC/Episode dedicated solely to him.

That said he does, however, have 4 Time Capsules featuring suits(5 if you count this upcoming one) based on his "Bat"-theme. (Ex: Time Capsule, Gotham Time Capsule, Paradox Time Capsule, & Cursed Gotham Time Capsule)
  14. Shn275 Well-Known Player

Last? When was the first? To my knowledge, Batman doesn't have an episode dedicated solely to him. Wonder Woman has her Amazon Fury episodes, Superman has his Krypton episodes, the Lanterns have War of the Light, hell Flash even has Lightning Strikes. Even the villains have their own episode(s). Riddled with Crime is all about Joker & Riddler with Talia thrown into the mix. Same with Earth 3 and the Crime Syndicate.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Exactly. Riddled With Crime was basically Batwoman vs Talia.

Origin Crisis was the closest thing to a "Batman Episode".
    • Like x 1
  16. RealTegan Dedicated Player

In this game? No. Over all media, yes.

If you are talking about the entire Bat-family and Bat-baddies, sure, there's a lot of them in this game, though I'm not sure they outnumber everything else. But Batman himself? No, not really.

As a person who is sick of Batman stories in general and who would be happy to never see another one in any medium, I gotta be honest and say you're off-base if you think there is more Batman in this particular game than other characters. That's one of the reasons I actually like this game. The relative dearth of Bat-nonsense.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Characters in the public domain. Everyone has the right to use those characters.

That, or they're characters that aren't "other people's characters," they simply resemble them. If he were actually using characters that belong to someone else, his rear end would have been sued off his body.

So, yeah, there's no problem with him claiming the moral high ground unless you don't understand how intellectual property rights work.

Copyright doesn't cover "vaguely similar." If it did, we'd have pretty much no fiction except what's in the public domain. All fiction is derivative to one degree or another. If it doesn't reach the level of a copyright violation, there's nothing whatsoever wrong with that.

If you want to write about an immensely clever British detective who smokes a pipe and has a companion that chronicles his adventures, you're entirely free to. You're not free to call him "Sherlock Holmes" or write an exact duplicate of the character.

"Inspired by" is just fine. You simply have to file the serial numbers off enough so nobody will be deluded into thinking they're reading an actual "Sherlock Holmes" story as opposed to a story about a character that vaguely resembles Sherlock Holmes.
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

But I want my Bat-Mite and Ace The Bat-Hound trinkets! Waaaaah!

Oh, and an Alfred Trinket would be ultra-cool. Healing trinket! With food and wine service!
    • Like x 1
  19. SuperBell Loyal Player

I'm the Devil I love METAL!
  20. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

5 maybe 6. Purple armor vendor armor and tc armor from the time capsules plus it'll probably be another tc by the time metal 2 comes out in december. And I'm counting together both regs and elites/enhanced sets. If you want to count them different maybe 10 to 12 styles