Livestream Preview: Universal Messaging System

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Players cannot control these messages.
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Well yeah id love to be able group with villains.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

You can’t even read a time stamp. My comment was before the live stream.

Seeing what it is right now (basically pop up ads), I’m not very impressed. I’m more interested in their hints about future applications. The difference between this and the big red text messaging we’ve had is that this new method is player specific and separate. Could we get something like a screen overlay where only one player in the instance gets the ability to see something going on? Will only one player in the instance get secret messages telling them something to do? Some potential interesting applications.
    • Like x 2
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Eh. Fair enough. Id like it to be like special open world events just randomly pop up like world bosses. But one can only dream.
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Ok, I skimmed over as much as I could stand.

Is there a way that you can link these with a help menu like the emotes are linked with a help menu.

With e-motes..... Players type /emote in chat box and all of the actions are listed.

With universal messaging
    For example.
    PC player using keyboard.... Player clicks ( H ) or whatever works maybe ( ? ) for the universal messaging help menu/index and the player can then scroll or move through all of these universal messages and find what they are looking for.

It would be a reference that the players could use at anytime if these choose to do so.
    • Like x 2
  7. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

This is a much better system than the momentary big red letters in the middle of the screen that people can miss in the middle of combat or looking at life-bars or cooldown timers. Thank you for making these changes!
    • Like x 2
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Not everything everybody suggests (no matter how well-reasoned, or "common sense") is going to be adopted.

But since *we* are doing the testing for DB, I'd like considerably more feedback from DB on the Test feedback. By which I mean it would be helpful if DB could close out these threads with a rundown on what has been suggested, what will be considered, and what not, and a short explanation as to why those choices were made.

At the very least, it would let people know *why* their ideas aren't adopted.
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Then don't blind queue or go for event.g
  10. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes, I agree. There needs to be some way for people to have a readily available reference, and some way for them to know that the reference is always there for them too. Either what you are suggesting, with a help menu, or as I suggested in another thread, maybe have a console that you could go to in the Watchtower or Hall of Doom where all of these tutorials are contained and you can get these popups or videos or whatever showing you what to do so that you can review them and maybe even try them out against some targets or something or maybe after reading them from the console or help menu, it tells you to queue for an instance and try things out? Or, maybe there are new step-by-step instances that walk you through things that you can access in conjunction with all of this. Just throwing some other ideas out here.
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

But what about those of us who like yelling, "Pancake!"?
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Keep yelling pancake.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

SHOOT THE J!!!! xD
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

"waffles...waffles waffles.....waffles waffles waffles."

"waaaaaaaaffleeeeeeezzz" "WAFFLES!!!"

"waffles waffles waffles...... waffles waffles waffles..............waaaaaaaaaaffles!!"

17. Zamara Dedicated Player

I was watching the replay of the stream on youtube and noticed something weird, probably was mentioned during the livestream but it seemed like they teleported a villain character into the watchtower when they used the teleport option from the spring event pop up, you can see they go in combat when they arrive and one of the npcs has their name on red just like when you run into one of those brainiac ads zones from the other faction.
    The character looked familiar so i went back to the past stream and it did seem like they were using that same character they used to show the new looks of the villain mentors in the hall of doom but with a different name.
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If the character's name was Terra... ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Krossssss Well-Known Player

DC has announced 2019 as the year of the Villain "IT`S A BAD YEAR TO BE A HERO" Will D.C.U.O be embracing this theme?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If pigs had long enough noses, they'd be elephants.

Generally speaking, "if people could do what they won't be able to do, it would be bad" is both obvious and irrelevant. They can't do that.

Similarly, if the game gave me an electric shock every time I got a Source Mark, it would be bad.

The number of impossible things that would be bad is infinite. Worrying about them seems a poor use of time and attention.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.