Livestream Preview: Universal Messaging System

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Livestream Preview: Universal Messaging System

Join us TODAY, Friday, May 10, 2019, for a livestream preview of a new quality of life feature coming in our next update. Wishing you'd known important game details sooner? Wishing those around you knew the things you know? ...like what a role is or how to block? The universal messaging system is here for us all.

The livestream will begin at 2PM PT, May 10, 2019.
    • What: Universal Messaging System
    • When: May 10, 2019 @ 2PM PT
    • Where: The official DCUO Twitch channel
    Join us in chat with your related questions!

• Like x 9
  2. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

When I read the title I thought this was about to be cross-faction Trade Chat/LFG. This better not be some form of on-screen in-content messaging like "Push R1 to block" otherwise people are going to troll using it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is the latter, and no you can't troll with it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

its not a "chat"...its a system of messages from the game itself?? yes???
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Mehh
    I had Hoped this would be a Cross/Faction Messaging Things. Us Heroes would LOVE to help out our Villain Counterparts.
    Well I am sure its NOT intended to be Troll-able but I am sure People will find a way.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Sounds cool. Waiting for the stream for more information.
    • Like x 2
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

what i'm reading so far pleases me, a sort of guidance system in raids/alerts for the "slightly less experienced".
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Finally...somehow this game brings up Roles Somewhat...and how to assume them..
    • Like x 3
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This sounds like a fresh coat of paint on canned chat / emotes. We’ve always had that. How much you use it?

Anyway, we’ll see.
    • Like x 2
  12. MYTHLORD Active Player

sounds cool but uh...what about for those kindsa players that seem incapable of reading? XP
    i mean. i see that a lot. whole group can type away.

big messages can appear on screen. and still. some people just really are extremely unattentive.
    • Like x 5
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I really really hope this is what I think it is. Blind queuing the JLD alert with my villain makes me want to punch someone nearly every time :mad:
    • Like x 2
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

NOT me* Villain Is Lemons (also known as E.V.I.L.) . Or maybe :D
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I have to ask. Did you even watch the live stream. Because is it nothing like that. And I dont see how in game messages and quick tutorials can become trollable?

Its a system of messages that prompt at certain times to explain to a player what's going on in game at the moment or where they are in content or certain tutorials regarding to combat, augments etc.

Edit. Also we already have a chat where we can talk to villains. Its called Versus chat.
  17. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Look at the time of the posts. If players were able to control the message and have it display for others, it would be trollable such as having a tutorial message show for someone else after wiping.
    • Like x 1
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Fair enough..However IF you Look at the TIME i Posted this The LiveStream had NOT yet Happened.
    This will be great for New PLayers and those who are lost on what to do next.
    Also Versus chat Does NOT let Us Group Together for a Raid or other Cross Faction Instance we gotta Que and Hope. I am thinking more for the Villains who say have a hard time finding Groups. a Cross-Faction LFG would be a BIG Quality of Life improvement.
  19. Version San Diego Active Player

Make sure to add a message that takes up the entire screen every time you enter an instance. You are supposed to be in this role and you are not, change your role.
    • Like x 2
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It looks interesting but we already have screen tips that players ignore. TBH, I'll have to see how it works in game and on live because I'm not going to waste any more of my time that I pay for on test in order to get ignored. It's way past time for DCUO to get paid testers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.