Livestream Preview: The Death of Superman Part II

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 15, 2018.

1. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

New styles or Supemaaan dies!
    • Like x 1
  2. MastersGL New Player

Enjoying so far....but part 3 better have another new style, and a Superman emblem, or players might riot.
  3. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

BWAHAHGAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
  4. Gambo323 Level 30

Yep this is my official resignation from this game. I’m really disappointed in the dev direction of this game. Can’t wait for the Marvel game release
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You'll be waiting quite some time. Many years ago, during the heyday of City of Heroes/City of Villains, Marvel sent the makers of that game a Cease & Desist Letter demanding that they prevent players from recreating Marvel's heroes and villains in-game. The stated reason was that Marvel had a licensee in-development on a Marvel Comics MMORPG that was going to be released SOON™.

And after several years in development with numerous delays, and who knows how much money spent on development costs, the Marvel MMORPG was SCRAPPED and never released. So at this point, I'll see it when I believe it! :p
    • Like x 1
  6. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Marvel, good at movies, horrible at game development unless it's a vs Capcom title or the game based on Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2 movie. Too bad too for they deserve a good MMO.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There was also an excellent Spider-Man game on the Sega Genesis about 30 years ago, that then received an even better updated version on the Sega CD. I still have that game somewhere.

And the action RPGs (the X-Men games and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games) done for PS2/Xbox and PS3/Xbox 360 were very good for that type of game. :cool:
    • Like x 1