Livestream Preview: Resurgence Mega Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 3, 2021.

1. The K-os X Active Player

Mepps you old Dinosaur you still here?
    Nice to still see you arround. Stay strong dude :)
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That was from the Paradox Time Capsule, it's not part of the Resurgence.
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I hope it's up on the second chance vendor then :)
  4. mouseymouse1976 Active Player

Heard the same thing but it says the 17th on the forum still. So does anyone know when?
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Nothing official has been said about it ending early. It's ending the 17th as far as we know.
  6. mouseymouse1976 Active Player

Thank you
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

One thing I take away from that video is that the rewards box stacks...thank you devs. One of my bigger issues is that when opening a ton of megas, your slots fill up quick and I'm not a fan of having to figure out what is valuable and what is not when cracking one open. I like to let the market bear out what the 'big' items will be. I little less of an issue with most of what will come out of these being the older styles (yea scorching! or Black hole!), but I can let the bonus boxes stack at least now and open at a time of my choosing, seperately.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah I heard this from a few sources last night, so from 2AM to 6AM it was a mad scramble to spend all my coins and squeeze in some final runs of CC and SSF just in case. If it was 'fake news' I'm going to be very sleepy today for no reason.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Resurgence items don't have any sort of exclusivity. The mega capsule they are in has a start and end date.

Early Booster Bundle items can return in booster bundles, but that messaging has been clearly dropped for years for more recent ones. The only thing we're not going to ever do is bring back the OG ultra-rare from each bundle.

That said, Booster Bundle items are the quintessential rare item, so we don't have plans for those items to return, and if we made plans it would be super special.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Care to firm up the Anniversary end date? All signs point to it running for 2 more weeks along with V-Day, but there was some scuttlebutt going around about it ending today. Kind of moot at this point if it's already over, but I'm wanting to rev up for my rant on the 'fake news' spreader who told me it was over as of reboot today. I can use the extra time to formulate a good one, as I'm stupid tired from staying up all night to finish up.
  11. The K-os X Active Player

Nice and thanks for unlocking my posts :)
    I shall bide my time in selling my og booster gold auras and mats...muahaha :)
  12. Eve YouTuber

He did

• Like x 1
  13. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I see, thanks for those links. That one I posted was just the oldest one I found from a quick search and I compared it to the Resurgence Capsule pages and they brought me to my conclusion.

However, it does just say exclusive to that Booster Bundle, which means they could bring that exact Booster Bundle back and it is still technically exclusive to it.. :p

But Mepps word on the matter does make it more concrete, but I believe Jackster is the CEO(?) and if he wanted to bring them back, he could.
    Anyhow, not saying he will, just that he could if he wanted. But Mepps did post something that makes it a bit more clear for everyone.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

From the start of the video from Meg and Oceans: "you concepted the thing!" "Oh, that's right."

Except: this is not Englishing. The word is "conceived," not "concepted." This is just verbing nouns pointlessly. "Conceived" is a highly useful word to know. :(

Signed, the unappointed vocabulary constabulary.

"Concepted": argh. Sorry. Carry on.
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"I heard that" is the most useless phrase ever. Cite or cite not. There is no valid "I heard."
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Earlier Booster Bundlesused this phrasing:
    "Only to this bundle" does not mean "and we can reissue this specific bundle in the future." It's twisting the meaning of words beyond recognition to attempt to claim that this means "and this bundle may return!" when the intent obviously and plainly (to anyone not overwhelmed with wishful thinking) means that that exclusive item will never again return under any circumstances. Variants, yes. That specific style item: no. That is what "exclusive" means, no matter how many delusional players want it to mean something else.

They're not open to that. They have never been open to that. Unless they go back on what they said, they will never be open to that. Learn to get over it.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You're making that up out of whole cloth. That, or you have a English comprehension problem.

The actual wording on a past Megaresurgence Capsule:

There is exactly zip language about "exclusivity" or "one-time only" or any of the words used to describe the exclusive status of past exclusive items. Saying that somehow these sets of words mean the same thing is an untruth, whether out of wishful thinking or inability to comprehend the meaning of English.
  18. Oceans Developer

Well actually - Meg didn't conceive the thing. She made concept art of it after someone else came up with the idea, so concepted is our short way of saying she made super awesome concept art of someone else's conceived idea. :)
    • Like x 3
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

No, it really does not. English does not mean whatever you want it to mean.

It's exhausting to have to point this out each and every time a new Booster Bundle or Time Capsule is unveiled.
  20. Megzilla Developer

Concepted is a term.
    • Like x 3