Livestream Preview: Game Update 94

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 19, 2019.

1. BackintheSaddle Active Player

Fix lpve finally next gu?
  2. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  3. AJPro Committed Player

Question mepps, currently in latest content we get that currency and mov , with update and source marks. Will that still occur? Btw many people on this thread threw shade ob cr revelancey. I.e. old tired content now taking serious group putting serious time to complete....which is a such a terrible idea. Old tired content i USED to run to see how quick and easy i could make it...maybe even solo it. Now i only run new content becuase i will be damn if i am going to spend 60 running a raid for few marks and no helpful gear.
    It is ironic you did this system because of players complaining about being carried through content....i think there was much better solutions than that...similarly if you go to source marks and no double marks in current content making people run the tired old content to keep bases running and getting old styles...smh that will be ridiculous....
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Source Marks are essentially the new Marks of Victory.
    • Like x 1
  5. LoganCaron Active Player

DCUO...ive got a feeling this will not help getting renown from old episodes..trying to do Titans Elite since it came out and never get it done. With the new Marks people wont feel the need to do old contents..just a feeling..do a Renown vendor or put Renown's for sale in Marketplace:-D yep...i love dreaming lol
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If they need the renown, they'll run the content for the renown. I helped a group with renown runs last week.
    • Like x 2
  7. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

So we can all hope for May 1st with this new update. Thank GOD.
  8. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

So this is the Spring Event?
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It seems as if DCUO has, for some reason, decided that it is against their interest to give players any incentive at all to play non-current-tier content.

I can only make guesses at their reasoning, and thus I can only say that what I see is that in the new system, the players wind up having much much much much much less incentive to play the game for as many hours as we may currently be doing, which I think is a perverse approach, regardless of what other benefit DCUO may see or genuinely get from this policy.

Speaking strictly as a player, it seems tragic to have so much content in the game now, and so little of it giving any meaningful reward or hope of one to any high-tier player.

From the perspective of a player, it is such a gigantic waste of most of the game. I'd love to play many of the old alerts and raids and duos and solos and outside areas if I were given reasonable rewards of some sort (which need not be rewards that contribute to progression! They could be purely cosmetic/trinket/anything else; just something desirable).

I can only speak for myself, but I'm reasonably sure I'm not the only player who feels this way.

It seems odd to have to plead with the developers of a game to allow us to enjoy playing their game more and to give us more reason to spend more time in the game, which we would gladly due with some form of restructuring or creation of an additional incentive. Or, at this point, to just let us keep what we currently have (until tomorrow).

(Even something as simple as giving a few quarks for completing old instances/missions would work.)

And it's certainly entirely frustrating.

From outside, it's difficult to see why DCUO seems so hostile to player enthusiasm.

And if there's been a sensible explanation as to why the new Mark system is a benefit to players by taking away most of the ways they could previously earn often-still-useful marks, I've missed it or not understood it, possibly because I'm slow. Probably because I'm slow.

But however dumb I may be, I'm dumb enough to not understand why I'm being told I should appreciate apparently invisible benefits and thankful that my reasons/rewards for still playing several older tiers of content are being destroyed.

What I'm losing is obvious: the opportunity to play all the content that currently has individual currency, and get substantial and reasonable amounts of marks from these missions, which I can currently apply to desirable rewards, such as the vendor collections and cosmetics and trinkets/etc. is being taken away.

Boom, I suddenly have no excuse to go to Typhon's Monster Gotham or Earth 3 or Joker/Riddler Amusement Mile, or play any of the accompanying raids/alerts/duos from these episodes.

And I'm supposed to want this, why, again? I'm supposed to want to have a vastly smaller piece of the game left to play with worthwhile rewards because.... why?

Because reasons?

What I see is that very clearly and simply it looks as if I'm being told to cut my hours playing the game way back. I mean, it's not as if I'm going to use replay badges to run current stuff yet again instead of playing the older content the way I have been playing since we've had the current system. I'm just going to play much less of the game, period. Hours and hours less.

Why Daybreak thinks it's a great idea to drive players away from playing the game in massive numbers, to drive players to cut the number of hours they play to a third or a quarter of what we currently play... I have no idea or explanation.

It seems a lot like it could conceivably be STAR WARS GALAXIES level of drive-players-away decision-making, but hopefully I'm entirely wrong and I Just Don't Understand Yet. Really, I do hope that very very very much.
    • Like x 2
  10. AquiloFury Committed Player

I certainly understand the frustration, with that said....I think that as some have stated, it's a move to get us to run alts in lower content. For the characters at 263 and above..they get the worst part of this...they only have 2 places to earn marks.. Atlantis and JLD. However, this game update only seeks to bring most of the newer content inline with how the older content works..you run something like New Genesis out of relevance..you get alternate reward items. It's going to work the same now all the way up to Titans..at least right now.
    Personally, I won't see much of a change..I don't usually do things that are out if relevance because I wanted the marks for cat caches and mainframe stuff. If I'm in something that I'm not getting marks for, I'm helping someone or doing feats..and that won't chang with the new system. The additional rewards didn't start until deluge, so AF3, AoJ, RwC and Earth 3 are moot points when it comes to getting stuff to sell using the episode currency. The only real issue is things like the OP collections...you still need them.(if you haven't completed them already, like me..I have not). In most content after AF3, you are in relevance for 3 or 4 things at once including DoS..in doomed metro. The marks will be plentiful for anyone not 263 and above. This is why I think they are encouraging alts with this update. Maybe I'm way off base..I could be..if I'm incorrect in anything here, please let me know :).