Livestream Preview Episode 41: House of Legends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Control Creed Well-Known Player

The livestreams are on the twitch account at the link Mepps dropped. At least usually they make it available.
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

Should be available on their YouTube channel as well shortly after.
    • Like x 1
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

You could close your blinds and lock your doors…I won’t judge ;) :p
    • Like x 2
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

so 5
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do expect to be on the test server this weekend. Still have to see, though.
    • Like x 8
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lmao oh bro you can always make me laugh I wish I could do that lol darn kids are hyper ASF.
  7. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

First its not even an episode its a systems update

There is Zero World Building & Story as to why were at this new Hub

There is Zero New Content

With the New Queue Systems. Open World world is practically non existent. Did they forget open world exists. Bounties, World Bosses are not being considered for

Look the Systems stuff is great but it should not not come alone like this

I might as well not log in
    • Like x 1
  8. Gucciana Committed Player

Get over it dude this is good for the game.....you will get new content next episode
    • Like x 8
  9. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

Okay I guess if you enjoy mediocrity that much... also considering the last Episode was one of the worst leading many to already quit waiting for good content. This is a fail in my eyes. Yall getting hyped about literally nothing. Content is king and there is no content here

The dev team change of heart or whatever moving towards a better direction is great it really is but its not everything
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They said that anything that isn't the last three episodes is going to award Source Marks. That should include Bounties and World Bosses, so being able to get Marks off of them should drive at least a little traffic that way. The downside is that they said the open world stuff will still have loot locks.
  11. inferno Loyal Player

You are missing a lot of information on this.
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The episode is full of big changes that will impact the game for long and long years, it's the most impactful episode since Amazon Fury 3 (or maybe even more). A lot of people won't like it indeed, even more people who enjoy open world above all, but we should see it as a build up time.

3 months to update allies, artifacts, understand the new systems, grab source marks, get styles and feats without having to care about a bunch of things to do, plus, it's all free stuff.

And if you don't like it, the next episode is right around the corner, followed by the anniversary event a month or 2 after.
    • Like x 2
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Open world content in every tier will award you source marks, it just doesn't have a unlimited loot.
  14. inferno Loyal Player

That really would have been the best thing to do b4 you made the thread. there was a lot discussed in the developer feedback.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...egends-discussion.316449/page-15#post-4416433

The only thing that wasn't fully revealed in the discussion was the Ally system.

However, if you're really intent on the lack of new content and that is the most important for you then sadly for you: there is none in this new episode. New Content will not be coming until later this year.

This episode, however will contain everything else that a regular episode does, including: progressive gear and marks to earn that gear and an OP item and challenging content at end-level.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you don’t like it don’t play it. This is a much needed update for the game. Stats clamp is an important thing for the long term success of a game. The dlc which will later be turned to an event not only bridges the gap between the events of the summer seasonal and the Halloween seasonal. But it also gives them a way to upscale different popular content to current levels and be enjoyed. This is something people have been asking for a long time.

So just because YOU don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s bad
    • Like x 8
  16. Heywiar Committed Player

Currently the game doesn't have the manpower to release a DLC and a QOL update this big simultaneously. I reallt appreciate the fact that they are doing an almost "rotation" with the raids and the three mentors while we wait for the usual DLCs to come back. This update includes some VERY popular requests (like member rewards) and I am thankful they took the time to listen and include them. I am very happy they decided to still give us something to run while we wait, even if it is in the form of buffed raids.

IMHO, this is a sacrifice well worth making!
    • Like x 2
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Wouldve expected the 6 mentors as allies, w/free grant of the mentor that you have.. we really dont even associate with our mentor after 30, this wouldve been a wonderful opportunity to make our mentor granted as an ally at 30, coming with us to battle.
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

The new UI is incredible. It's organized and I can't believe how much use its going to impact everyone. I for one need a ton of source marks for various reasons such as styles, materials, artifacts etc... House of Legends WOW! And this is just the beginning. They said a lot in the stream and I can't remember everything but the work put into it to give this big update is well, thank you! I forgot who it was who mentioned it but she said we're not going to have 20 Batman allies because that's going to ruin immersion which I agree. Even though a good amount of time was spent talking about allies, I didn't stay for the questions and answers.

1. Are allies going to be found in certain open world such as Flash Point?
    2. Is there a limit as to how many allies can be summoned and in group content is there also a limit as to how many Batman can be summoned?

Wally West God Mode would be nice to see since that horn dude made his appearance. It can also tie to Dark Multiverse.
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

Allies can be tied to content releases, promotional events, tie ins to DC events, found on the marketplace, added in TC, etc. Lots of options for where they can show up. Tier 1s earned in game, Tier 2 in game or in capsules and the like, Tier 3 on marketplace.

Only 1 Ally per person can be summoned as Active Ally but in a group, anyone can summon tier active Ally as well. There is no limit there.
    • Like x 3
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ty :)

So uhmm can we talk about Blue Lantern Power Girl?
    • Like x 1