Livestream Preview: Booster Bundle

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 30, 2018.

1. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

when today is the Booster bundles coming? theres nothing yet.
  2. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

It's up now :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'll back you up in the fact that it does seem that at max saturation, there were more listings for some of the older 'ultra rare' items than you see now, but if you are saying that you were able to pick up a cosmic for $30 million vs the new stuff being $100 mil means they are 'rarer' is not accurate. When the cosmic and Phoenix mat came out it seemed to be right before the money bubble exploded. Up till then the most expensive items were 20-30 million (save the OG Plasmic...which was still only 100-200 Mil). Cut to a year or 2 later, and cash glitches, gold sellers, easy to get cash in game, etc... and there is just a lot more money in play now, meaning the prices go higher, not because something is more rare...just because there is enough money to support the price. Every TC has had a 100 Million + item since probably the Void essence and even the 'crap' BB auras are 50-100x more pricey than they used to be. I used to pick up the 'common' auras from BB's for 20-30K when the broker was saturated....Got my Nimbus (3 of them) for 20 Mil...which was an astronomical price at the time and required a daily broker grind to generate. Now the 'common' BB auras go for 1 - 2 Mil and the Ultra rare will be 100 Mil easy I'm sure....but at the same time we're buying collections that are just raid drops for 10-12 Mil and figure they are 'cheap' at that price.

Add to that the fact that people now know to horde the rare items for later sale, and there are less in the broker and the ones there are seemingly crazy expensive. I think it's more perception than anything. Either way i'm still not buying the BBs unless I feel I need some of the supplies....I'll get my auras in the broker or not at all most likely.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You might be right, but the Phoenixes were always over 100M, from the moment they launched.

My perception of rarity has to do, not with the price of listings, however, but with the amount of them. There were never even 1 page of any material, even the ones that we're well-liked, and even WHEN THE STABILIZER GLITCH WAS HAPPENING. That should say something about the rarity of materials from TCs.

You're right about the prices of commons and other auras, though. I remember when 2 mil was for an awesome aura, and 10mil was like "is that guy crazy?" Now 10 mil is pretty acceptable for some rarer auras. But again, it has to do with their rarity. The TC auras are much rarer than even the rare ones from BBs, which is why they always sell for 30m when live. Blue solar, however, was only 7-8 mil, and same with the blue ripple from this last pack. Oh, well, I guess we'll see more in the following weeks.