Livestream Preview: Atlantean Lair & Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You do not have to get a new deed and get another lair location if you want to change the lair theme.
    When you go to the control panel in your lair and open menu you can change the theme there.
    Go to change location and the click the left or right arrows at the top of the menu. That should change the styles.
    I'll post some screen shots if you cannot find it.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The amenities will have the sounds like the oriental lair xD

LOL
    • Like x 1
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

if someone is in the pug group from matchmaking pitching fits about not liking the raid, I would votekick that cancer out of the instance. their negativity will be voted on.

i allow players to dump money into time capsules, so i can later buy them off the broker. it's the circle of life. let those who wants to play RNG with time capsules be my guest.

and i'm not feeling forced to reply.
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol, first world problems.
    • Like x 1
  5. El Guapo Well-Known Player

The Atlantean lair isn't in the loyalty vendor?! Make it happen please
  6. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I'll agree with you that the Material Collections are hard to get. I'll also agree that putting them on the Marketplace would be preferred by the majority of players.

That being said, Materials are a part of TC's. A part I'm perfectly willing to ignore. Compared to some games, these gamble boxes are extremely fair. I also play Star Trek Online. If you open a gamble box and get anything other than a Starship (their version of the rarest of the rare Collection pieces), you feel like you lost badly. That game has no free way to earn keys. And the Starship is literally the only thing in the boxes that's worth anything. The rest is barely better than vendor trash.

In that game, box keys are tradable. So, you can by a key off the Exchange for roughly $6M. A Starship is generally worth about $1B. So, if you get one, you're way ahead in profit. But, they're rare. The rest of the box contents averages out to about $50k. So, in comparison, DCUO has a much less exploitive distribution system in my opinion. Clearly, much less P2W. Seeing as how the Starship you get is in line with the current top ships available. In DCUO, the top prize is a vanity item.

All that said, I don't LIKE the TC's. But, I recognize them for what they are. A simple way to bring in money that keeps the game I like going. Is there a better way? Probably.
    • Like x 3
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'd probably spend a bit on capsules if quarks were easier to come by like say, buyable like other currencies in the market place, and if i had spare money to spend on it. however i can't really say the new capsules have particularly managed to attract my attention, i have no toons that are water themed and was never exactly head over heels about "Wet" things. but if they ever get around to the later capsules' contents being in the second chance vendor, i'll probably put up some money for the wings of sin.
  8. an81angel Well-Known Player

Um... When I first logged into the game the welcome message showed the Atlantis Lair Buy button. I had to close out to buy some DBC and when I went to buy the theme, it wasn't listed in the market anymore. Bug? I logged out and back in still not there, and there is a blank spot on the welcome screen now where the lair info had been on my first login.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The lair theme has been pulled from the store temporarily while we fix the PC issue. Both the fix and the lair should return today, but it may take several hours to get a new PC client patch out. Sorry for the delay!

Edit: This is resolved. You will patch the next time you log into the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Don't get so defensive. I never called you out personally. My post is about the prevalence of people complaining about TC's.

If a person complains that they're being "forced" to run a raid they don't like? Yes, I will tell them that no one is actually "forcing" them to run it. That IS the complaint from a lot of people with TC's. They're "forcing us" to spend real money to buy TC's.

Having feats in TC's doesn't bother me at all. Would I like more feats elsewhere? Sure. To me, it's the same as holiday event feats. I'd assume that nobody actually likes grinding the same daily for a month for some vanity items that grant a few feats. Or the entire Death of Superman event. There's nothing "useful" there. Just a bunch of Daily and Weekly missions that let you buy ... vanity items that grant feats.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheDrone Well-Known Player

1) As you point out, they've changed the standard from the original capsules. At that time, I was much closer to your way of seeing things. It was more unreasonable to put the best gear in TC's. That's no longer the case.

2) Yay, we agree.

3) Yes, there are many SP from TC's. But, considering that you can beat the hardest content in the game without being anywhere near max SP, I don't see this as a huge problem. Also, if you're Legendary, you can use the Exchange pretty effectively. Sure, you won't get the Material feats without spending an insane amount, but they don't represent a huge amount of SP.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I was glad to see everyone in the video. Merry Christmas :D
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Ok guys.. as much as i agree with everyone regarding an Over saturation of TIME CAPSULES, lets be totally CLEAR.. DCUO does not FORCE ANYBODY to BUY THESE TIME CAPSULES...

We get to open 6 TCs a month for FREE if youre a legendary MEMBER. Times that by 12(months) thats 72 capsules a year!

Or is the issue bigger than DCUO.. The ITCH to want to spend or COLLECT as fast as possible.. That could be another debate...

It is very evident that DCUO population is a bit starving in terms of keeping the game afloat. So think of this as DONATIONS.. If you can donate, then GREAT, THANK YOU PERSONALLY and on behalf of the rest of the community, Your efforts are GREATLY APPRECIATED. If you cannot donate, then dont worry the rest of the community will help contribute to keep this game alive... We're still a community..

Without our money or our contributions to the games revenue is whats still keeping this game alive.. Who are we kidding..

As much as i HATE TC as well, lets be realistic.
    • Like x 1
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

BIG FACTS!! you get it!
    • Like x 1
  15. NIckNock Well-Known Player

Hands down the best broadcast regarding a mmo development I have witness in twelve years. /Golfclap included arg. The kicker would have been a /confused head scratch.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you missed the livestream, the replay is now up here:

• Like x 1
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

I was replying to HighTroller’s response to my post.
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

is it just me or has dcuo turned into WoW the past 3 months with the atlantis stuff?
    • Like x 1
  19. NIckNock Well-Known Player

When Mepps had the music volume turned up high so it drowned out the movement style sound effect it was simply priceless. I like the new sound effects on acrobat ss and flying. Mepps choice in personality traits to showcase the new hook was hilarious too . <3 Great show.
  20. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

So lair themes are no longer tied to specific points on the city maps?