Livestream Preview: Atlantean Lair & Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They are, every 2-3 days.
  2. eanur Well-Known Player

Dev's since you are finally giving us new lair choices how about finally giving us an option in the UI to delete bases/lairs we don't need. I have 3 bases and only 1 I actually use and will most likely be getting a Atlantean lair but don't want/need all 4 bases still appearing on my teleport list.
  3. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

You can change your lair style... ^
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

For some it may be the cost and nothing else but for many including me it goes deeper

1) styles we are not just talking about a "style" we are talking about the ability for a player to basically buy, eventually depending on the way things fall as capsules are opened, but a full set of armor that in most cases is only a few Cr lower than what the vendor sells. And keep in mind that is NOW.. The very first Capsule arrived with Amazon Fury 3 and at that time the "best gear in Vendor" policy didn't exist. Players were ticked because in a day or two there were players on the LFG advertising their new HIGH CR and it was very obvious the only way they were that high that fast was they use their credit card to buy their way their. And then the Pay to Win threads began.

2) materials.. i have no issue at all with these because all they really do is make you look cool and have no influence on game play.

3) Feats.. right back to that Play to Win thing. Between the feats for the styles and the ones for completing collection only available from a TC .. at this point there are a ton of SP available from opening time capsules.

Now personally I do the stabilizer duo every single day and have bought exactly 1 time capsule the first day they arrived just to see what was inside. I have picked up a number of the feats and while I never got a full set of the armor I got quite a bit of it depending on how long the capsule lasted. I don't hate them but in some cases they do make it possible for "those" type of players to advance without ever actually doing the content. So if you are not going to actually play the game .. why bother? you have money you don't need or want.. PM me and I'll send you an address where you can mail me the check LOL:D
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Load it up full of stuff, just place them anywhere. Max it out. Go to it once a week for the Prestige.
  6. Malivic01 Active Player

When are these exploitative, predatory gamble boxes I
    going to end? These things are the worst.

In terms of finding and attracting new players, to the game, these exploitative capsules are a major turnoff.

Even if the old capsules were rotated every month, it would still take over a year just to get all the capsules to drop.

No player is going to ever start an MMO with over a years worth of gambling mechanics required to catch up on.

And as far as existing players go?

This is an endless carrot on a stick.

You know what happens when you feed someone too many carrots?
    They get fed up. Real quick
    • Like x 2
  7. eanur Well-Known Player

Yes that is useful if you need Prestige for your league and I have no issue with that but I am not in that position cause I am in an active league with plenty of Prestige and allowing players to delete unwanted bases is a general useful feature that would ruin anything in any way
  8. Batrederik Dedicated Player

*Next* Time capsule****
    [IMG]
    i can't wait to see it
  9. Batrederik Dedicated Player

just watching the video right now ^¨ the whole *team* ... I guess, Mepps got a christmas hat ;)
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm so tired of Time Caps and this one just fills me with resentment and distaste.
    • Like x 3
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i think i missed the first half, what's in it besides emblems?
  12. Deaths sins New Player

What time will servers be back on for Xbox
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The server down time thread says it started at 5:30am Pacific time, and would be down for up to 8 hours. Which means the servers should be back up by 1:30 pm Pacific time (4:30pm Eastern). So they could be back up within the next 3.5 hours.
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

+ Style based on Aquaman's Mom
    + Common - Uncommon - Rare Materials (The Common one you get for opening 15 TC's and you can tint it!)
  15. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I have to say, oh my gosh, the atlantean lair is absolutely gorgeous, the henchmen and the amenities we saw, hope the other amenities we didn't see also rock <3 :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

Everything looks spectacular. When is DC up? ;)
  17. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Love the lair!! The bonus room was a nice surprise!! I'm really glad you stopped me from further decorating my base! I can't wait to play around with this. Queen Atlanna style is also very gorgeous!!! I really love that this year, we've had plenty of styles inspired after female characters. It's refreshing.
    • Like x 1
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Also Murk's harpoon hand.
  19. Gambo323 Level 30

Awesome on with new Tc... can’t wait to get new items loving it a lot
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Did I miss the twitch link somewhere?