Premium (extra room) Base Themes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Illumin411, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I seem to recall around the time the Brainiac base theme was released that it was previewed in a livestream during which the devs shared a little background info on them. I remember them saying they had been in development for quite some time as a side project and something along the lines of that there were several more in the pipeline that were still in one stage of development or another. This was ten months ago now and we haven't seen any released since. Maybe I misinterpreted what thy said at the time or maybe, given the time that has passed, I'm misremembering it but I was definitely expecting to see more of these released, at least one per DLC.

Any news on these devs?
  2. Swamarian Committed Player

Side projects are unscheduled, which means that they may go weeks without anyone working on them. If they'd been working on that one for quite a while before it got released, then it's fair to say that it'll be quite a while before the next one's released. If the person working on it gets bored with it, or changes roles, it may never be released.
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That I understand but what I took away from what they were saying was that it once was a side project but had been green lit to be actively worked on for release. But again, I could have misinterpreted what was said. Also, as is true with everything else in life, things do change.
  4. Awsome Well-Known Player

I can tell you what probably happened. They got derailed by working on the Switch release, and now they are still trying to get the two episodes in before the end of the year to keep the 3 episode a year pace. So everyone is now and has been "all hands on deck" for the last 9 months or so. All side projects and extras are pushed aside until they are back on track (likely after the release of Metal II).

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

I personally don't see any of these Additional room-Lair Themes being able to be properly used until they raise the base item-limit, atleast for those lairs specifically with the additional room to the layout.

It's not hard to deck out the normal-sized lairs with 500/500 items and make it look good, but it's a real challenge to do it with the new Lair Themes. One additonal large room without the interference of PvP within said Lairs in particular, yet the base item-limit stays the same. It just makes no sense.

They really need to start working on that...
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

It would be nice to gave extra rooms