Precision DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Careless, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

You're right that Flurry is still strong. That said, next survival mode would still be mainly precision regardless just because of power efficiency and how much easier it is to stay alive with Flurry Shot. That's assuming it's the same format.
  2. Pepito19 New Player

when they put the next survival all the people call dps precision, why? Everyone knows the answer.
  3. L T Devoted Player

What made precision more appealing in the last SM was the content more than anything else. All the fights were single target with no more than 4 adds out at a time. A survival mode where all bosses summoned lots of minions, or one with 8-12 adds would totally flip things.
    • Like x 1
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

I dont think so, sure on add waves u fall like 2k dps behind with a precision build unless u are electricity/nature/munition but on ST u gain atleast 4k dps, so overall i would either switch armories which is damn difficult with generator mods or just remain full prec.

flurry shot biggest advantage is its mobility based on the fast cliping out of animations and that increases survivability by alot.
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

I'm ok with HB Solar Flame clipping.
  6. Pepito19 New Player

I would not change anything that put 1 boss or 15 bosses at a time when the dps precision does much more damage than the dps might. Now in FIe and MMe it is full of enemies and they ask for precision dps, they have to lower the precision dps more.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

THIS is why flurry shot was so heavily used in SM, not the damage. If you couldn't clip & roll with split-second timing, you had no business DPSing round 11+.
    • Like x 3
  8. Pepito19 New Player

It is not personal disgust is the reality that everyone knows, the elite is perfect in the lives of bosses, what can not be is that the elite is done in 5 minutes for the disproportionate damage of dps precision, and I say it again to reduce damage to dps accuracy.
    It is not personal disgust is the reality that everyone knows, the elite is perfect in the lives of bosses, what can not be is that the elite is done in 5 minutes for the disproportionate damage of dps precision, and I say it again to reduce damage to dps accuracy.
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

Its the balance aspect of dmg and survivability which flurry shot provides, if u look at groups who do speedruns in current elite content u will notice flurry shot is high on the list which means the damage aspect is not to be denied.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Damage is nice, granted - the ability to not get hit 2 seconds later is essential though. If it was doing that sort of damage and it locked you in place for 2 seconds every time you used it, people wouldn't use it.
  11. Twinks Level 30

They are not as prevalent, but there are some might DPS unicorns out there that can keep up with and even surpass some of the top prec dps'. I'm talking ST too. They are highly in tune with their power/loadout/rotation. Sometimes being the underdog can be sweet when that gadget prec DPS tries to figure out what just happened.
  12. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Unless artifact composition in the group is heavily in favor of the might dps' (Claw, Tetra), I don't believe top prec dps' are being surpassed in a clean run.
  13. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

^ This. It has been the case even with the VWD pre nerf. Multiple power sets could easily keep up and surpass precision. You just had to be good. The thing is, you have to be a good prec player to beat a decent might player. A good might player would almost always beat a mediocre prec player.We have power sets like Gadgets, Hard light, Nature, Celestial, Mental which all had and have the potential to beat prec assuming both prec users and aforementioned might powerset users are skilled. Arguably in raids aforementioned powersets even had the upper hand on prec with healers spamming the gemini which benefits might a lot more than it benefits prec.

The reason everybody jumped on precision nerf bandwagon was Survival Mode. I do agree prec had the upper hand there but not because of higher parses but because how much easier it was to stay alive since you are never stuck in the animation. Prec had the consistency since you can just jump cancel. Prec was only better due to power efficiency and ability to block/roll without being stuck in animation. If anything, the devs should have made made all channels cancellable whether you need to block/roll etc then you’d see people completing SM and playing powers like fire/muni etc.
  14. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

This is wildly misinformed. The flurry bandwagon has existed for well over a year now, not since SM came out. Why would that be? Just for survivability in easy elite/reg raids? No, it's because anyone with even basic knowledge as a dps realized that DW Flurry Shot provided the highest damage potential since Deluge.
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

flurry shot will never truly be balanced unless you remove the jump cancel aspect from it or severely nerf the damage on it.

either way folks wont be happy if either were to happen
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Pure precision is finally a possibility : it's gonna work better for certain things than Might does, just because of the relative speed of change. Might already works better than Precision for literally everything else; and to make either perform there's a lot of back end that's going into a build.

Maybe instead of taking shots at what DOES work the community could spend more energy focusing on what's still broken instead.
  17. Twinks Level 30

Well, let me clarify: In the latest 2 Elite DLC's. What constitutes a clean run to you? No wipes? No deaths? Imo, the easier the content, the less likely the might dps is going to keep up with a prec dps. If things die fast, I have no hope of beating a top prec dps. But put me in FiE, SGe, ZooE, USe Part 5, or FOAE and I'll give anyone a run for their money.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, Precision is awesome for killing little groups of adds in regular content - you want end-game Raid DPS, you want Hybrid or All-Might. I've been running the comparison numbers on Galvana (Electric Hybrid) versus Galea (Full Precision Mental); percentile performance comparison in general content since Galvana is still coming up to speed, but also direct numerics in the Masquerade Seasonal since they're both a flat level 34 in that content.

Galvana isn't very fast, no, she's not getting a 2.5 second small group kill; percentiles show higher efficiency relative to Test parse output though, and the damage she produces over time in a "full dance floor" setting (bunch of adds + a boss) is equaling or topping Galea, and she's running off of literally 1 artifact proc ATM; Galea has 3 active and 5 to pick from.

I kind of like it - no AM means freedom of experimentation with Power rotation, so... I'm looking forward to seeing how she does at full numbers.
  19. gemii Dedicated Player

next SM assuming its similar to the last SM we will see the same thing. Flurry shot will rule again due to the mobility and its ability to still produce high numbers.
  20. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

You realize Electric is the 1 powerset that literally is intended to not have damage ticks split and get lower with multiple adds like every other powerset in the game. Which means if Galvana was any other powerset your equal or top'ing of Galea would be less than or equal to at most.