Precision DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bombero, Feb 9, 2019.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Meant the loadout itself. As sorcery I do recommend trying guardian over fury. For both might and prec I’ve found guardian to be more consistently better. For sorcery ST I’ve been toying with which powers work better with interrupting flurry shot and which powers have enough background damage to do better with it. Also for the rest of the loadout I use them for aoe lol. Water and electric are surprisingly 2 of my favorite prec powers.

As for the crit thing, I noticed the same thing. There will be times that I get higher crits but less damage. I understand when a pet is out you do less crits since pets never crit. However might dots recently have felt a bit weird. I mainly started noticing the last Couple of weeks.
  2. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

I noticed it when neo-venom wrist dropped and I was riptide'ing pressurize with water prec dps. I originally figured if I was hitting pressurize every 6s, I could just clip in an iconic move and bubble off cd and squeeze in some extra damage to my base rotation. Was parsing for like 10-20 min and I was dropping 2-3k dps lower with no added animation time with a every full moon 10s parse occasionally that would be higher than anything I got with the base rotation. The only explanation I could think of was the crits being taken away and when those other moves don't get crits, I see that dps increase. I was wondering why the iconic burst would be a problem if this was happening until I realized as water my venom wrist is almost always proc'd and with a controller power dump, it's probably a higher damage tick than my might based st ability. But yeah, had me bugging for a bit so I just avoided putting dots in my rotations. One reason I leaned away from nature precision because I wasn't sure if the amount of base dots would make up for the crits they could take and the animation time of having to hit harvest mid rotation to maintain the dots.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s the thing that gets me. If might ticks are the issue than nature would be absolutely terrible with prec however I always get higher parsers when I use all poisons. With nature I run 3 poisons, harvest, carnage, and a SC (usually a 2500 sc). The poisons alone with harvest Every 6 seconds parsers about 9.5k per second on 3 targets. Which is actually pretty sizable. I can’t remeber what they parser on ST of the top of my head and I’m not currently nature. I did try replacing 1 poison for robot sidekick too however this did lower my damage significantly on aoe and on single target it was pretty even. The only time it did more damage was during rev up time when you’d normally be setting up poisons which is only a fraction of a second lol.

On single target I would parser more with the poisons up than without them. This however it was the drastic increase that’s youd expect. If it was a crit sharing issue than it would be drastically weaker with the crits up. The times that I noticed the issue was actually when using explosive shot on aoe. Without any abilities, explosive shot would crit a bit more than with powers being used. However the background damage does make up for the damage loss. I mainly noticed when I saw high crit parsers in mid 30s when you’d expect a higher parser yet it wasn’t. And there would be times that I’d hit low parsers yet have maintained steady damage and even at times higher parsers.

For flurry shot I try to only stop using flurry shot when the damage is do is higher than the combined damage of 4 flurry shots (ticks not combos) and 2 tap range attacks. Since that’s typically the damage you loose by stopping it and using a power that’s the damage it has to do. For nature, maintaining the ticks is a good enough reason. If nature gained the accelerated carnage back mod, nature prec dps would jump quite a bit lol.

And for prec water I tend to use depth charge clipped with pressurize and riptide. Than after 6 seconds I’d do depth charge clipped with pressurize again. Without the background damage of nature’s dots water prec dps does just as much damage. This is because it can maintain the venom buff for a longer time.
  4. Yaiba Committed Player

Do you have anything to prove it, just to show the difference between the numbers of your LO and the one I suggested? I guess you don't right? ;)
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Literally any good prec dps know that your so called loadout is trash. Without dw flurry shot that would do nothing lol.
  6. Yaiba Committed Player

But that is more than enough to let you be on top on scorecard lol ;) The LO is there, for player who is new to prec, and it will carry them to endgame (elite contents). As long as the LO have weapon buff, it's all good ;). If you fail to beat the contents, it is not because of the LO, it's because of you, you may be a bad player ;)

And without DW flurry shot, there will be no prec dps :) (at the moment, not sure about the future)
  7. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

That works for the first reset but not the second reset. So say:
    Depth Charge -> Pressurize -> Riptide
    6s later
    Depth Charge -> Pressurize

but 6s later, you could hit riptide and have it reset pressurize again, but you can't hit riptide then depth charge then pressurize, and if you hit depth charge first, riptide resets it instead of the weapon buff. Mine used to look like:

Zip Tie Attack -> Pressurize -> Riptide
    6s later
    Zip Tie Attack -> Pressurize
    6s later
    Zip Tie Attack -> Riptide -> Pressurize

If you have the accelerated pressurize back mod, the clip speed is reasonable on the last one and you can go up from 66% uptime on VWD up to 75%, but it only works if you use an iconic move.

I don't actually use that rotation anymore because for some reason it still parsed slightly lower compared to me just using pressurize and riptide by themselves and not clipping anything. Currently, I'm doing SC Battery with water prec dps in healer role.

160 gem
    160 soul
    160 vwd

25% SC -> Pressurize -> Riptide
    6s later
    25% SC -> Pressurize
    6s later
    25% SC -> Riptide -> Pressurize
    6s later
    25% SC -> Bubble
    6s later restarts cycle

24/7 gemini proc. If I want to maximize my damage, I ignore the last one with bubble. But rn alone, I still parse around 20k st using that and half of my generator mods and elite affinities are in might. When I get a cog, it jumps obviously, tetra jumps it because of the SC might tick, and controllers jump it higher again.
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

Not really, you use Zip Tie Attack (which is not a water power) + Pressurize (weapon buff) in your rotation, so I don't think Water will be different than others :p. Iconic hits hard so we use it, most of them is burst (sonic cry = melee aoe strong burst, etc)
  9. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

A lot of powers hit harder than sonic cry on ST. Your loadout is A wrong and B not viable since when I have other powers hitting harder on ST why would I use a melee ability when prec dps main focus is it being able to dmg from max range and do good dmg.

If you want I could show you how to prec dps. I play EU too and I'm pretty sure I know who you are I think.
  10. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

1. You forgot riptide, which is actually extremely important for single target.
    2. Clipping might moves on smokebomb loadouts decreases your damage unless it's an extreme damage might based power. You're adding a second of animation time for a rotation that should be parsing 35-45k/s depending on your powerset. Even on the low-end, you're trading 35k damage for something that is barely 11-12k, which is a 20k+ damage per loss smokebomb you try to clip it with. Assuming you're doing that 3-4 times in a rotation, that's a 5k+ dps loss.
    3. I didn't even want to bring it up, but earlier, circuit breaker is better than neo. 50-55% damage increase compared 40% and it has a lower cooldown. If you had someone giving you gemini, you can rotate circuit breaker off cooldown and parse for 30k+ st assuming their base is 20k/s while you wouldn't even break 25 using neo on average.
    4. Rage uses Zerk instead of Neo when they are precision as well for similar reasons as Elec.
    5. In the situations you'd be using explosive shot but you're still in the damage range of sonic cry, you should actually still be smokebomb'ig because you're still in a dangerously close range to the adds.
    6. Explosive shot's dps is trash to the point you might as just set another armory and put your skill points into might and get a tetra from someone else and you can probably parse the same if not higher than you do using explosive shot while being at a further back range.
    7. Rage precision also clips double dots like fire for their loadout.
    8. Ice runs snow devil which is 2-3k extra dps on single target, higher on aoe.
    9. Gadgets runs Stealth, which includes surprise attack, turret, a powerset with a late animation dovetail (none of which are iconic other than tornado pull if I remember correctly), regular turret clip outside of stealth, and tazer pull or emp for clipping said stealth. And turret with a pi actually puts out more damage than a robot sidekick for aoe rotations where you're not using turret to clip.
    10. Quantum precision uses Time Bomb, another noticeable increase compared to sonic cry, not only in flat damage, but also in that time bomb doesn't crit, which means the bug we've been discussing doesn't affect it, which means not only does it do more damage, but your weapon combos will crit slightly more often.

I'm stopping at 10 because I have to go to the bank to open up a new account. But please don't come at me with some foolishness when the loadouts I make parse 3-5k above the cookie cutter loadout you just made.
  11. Yaiba Committed Player

The LO i gave only has 5 powers, the last one I let the player choose (you can go for ST). Yeah you can replace Sonic Cry depend on situation, not a big thing. The idea behind my LO is burst power + weapon buff,

I believe we did play together sometimes, but most of the time you will see me as a troller than a dps :p. I have played as prec dps (tbh it's so boring), and I think at endgame, the LO won't be matter that much, you can get more extra damage with another LO but that's not too big.
  12. not_again Dedicated Player

Since all of you OP dps are in this thread. What artifact is better scrap of the soul cloak, demons fang, or legionnaire to go with VWD and EoG? For a neo venom loadout and a speed drain loadout.
  13. Yaiba Committed Player

My LO has 5 powers (that's enough to beat elite contents), and I leave the last to the players, choose what they like ;)

1) Fill the last slot with Riptide lol

2) Did I ever say smokebomb? Why bring this? :confused:

3) Same with 1, replace NVM with the one you like, done.

4) Look above

5) Is this a problem with the loadout??

6) Again???

7) Goodluck with dots tho, if you dots last long enough then good, but most of time adds die in 4-5s, is it a damage loss? But there is no wrong/right for using dots/burst, use whatever you like.

8) Look at 1

9) Samee

10) Same as 9

We're good now? :)
  14. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

15. Yaiba Committed Player

I didn't say that you must use sonic cry for ST, that's why you have an extra slot for that, or replace it based on situation (boss fights, etc) or use the extra slot in the LO. :rolleyes: Same with the rest.

Adds don't die in 4-5s, you're talkling about elite contents ;) ? About that, the LO doesn't matter at that point, the way you play does, and that's the difference between good and bad dps. And I've never seen someone being kicked because of having bad LO ;). This game is not only about elite ;)

One more thing I want to add, I already mentioned in another thread, that as a prec dps, we choose powers based on their SC too ;) I think we're good now :)
  16. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

1. Why are you wasting a loadout slot on sonic cry to begin with is the question. If it hurts your damage on aoe, and you're saying now that you don't use it on single target, why is it even there to begin with if you're not using it any situation.

2. Adds don't die in 4-5s even in regular content. You don't have 3-6 adds dying 4-5 seconds without rage or earth or supercharge spam w/w/o gemini. A regular group from LFG will not consistently burn groups of adds in that fast of a time period.

3. You haven't seen people kicked but I have. Even inside of events, we've had to kick people for having loadouts so bad they were basically getting loot for free and not contributing to the group.
    - Dps's that have been in dps stance the entire raid but have less damage than the troll
    - A troll that has no pot or power dump on their loadout and or doesn't debuff
    - A tank that isn't hitting powers or using their powerset's passive and constantly dies. (blocking atomic tanks with no auras, earth tanks with no brick or aftershock passive, etc.)
    ^ These things actually happen.

4. Don't say "we". You're excluded from the group. Actual precision dps's pick their powerset based on the synergy of the entire powerset with how precision works, excluding elec. In every other situation, your consistent dps is more important than whatever supercharge you may have that's slightly better.
  17. AV Loyal Player

This is a profoundly dumb sentiment in general. The forum doesn't theorycraft about how to best approach trash-tier content/enemies where you could be half naked and it wouldn't matter. Arguing against using things because they kill too-weak garbage mobs (that no one was talking about in the first place) too quickly is asinine.

Sensing some serious trollage.
  18. Yaiba Committed Player

1) For melee aoe, wasting 1 SP on it doesn't hurt anyone or anything.

2) If you play with OP group, it does happen. In some situation, burst beats dots.

3) For me, they get kicked because they're mostly afk, an afk player won't contribute anything, it's fine if you think they have bad LO.

+ dps has less damage than troll, people will often look at their gear/sp and decide they will be kicked or not, not the loadout.

+ it's player's problem, not loadout, they don't read the power's description carefully, or they're new to the game. We can easily beat the bosses with/without debuffs, it doesn't bother me if trolls use it or not.

+ if they don't press buttons, they get kicked for sure, seriously is that even a loadout's problem or player's attitude? I'm a rage tank who refuses to use rage crash, and I'm still doing ok in contents -> it is not about loadout, my playstyle is different than other people or yours does not mean I'm bad ;).

4)It's still not wrong, you say Rage has Berserk (this is a SC), you pick it because of this right? ;) You're kinda toxic lol, but I'm ok with that :)
  19. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

1. Why waste anything at all if you don't have to...do you not understand what the word waste means?
    2. by OP you mean a group of add based dps's that are useless when it comes to boss fights, sure.
    3. - I don't have care of they had max gear and 250+sp, if they don't hit pot or power dump, they're being kicked xD
    - if people read the descriptions carefully, they wouldn't have bad or ok'ish loadouts to begin with lol people in this game hate reading
    - if you're rage tank without using the heal shield or at least a shield rotation, you're getting kicked by most groups if you're running even remotely hard content. If you're not kicked its because they feel like they can run it even if you die.
    4. Rage has dots synergy as well like nature and fire. Elec doesn't have that. Elec is purely for the SC, rage isn't.
  20. Yaiba Committed Player

1) You stay ranged all the time right? Or you just spam your DW->Bow combos? There will be time you can melee adds, it's where sonic cry shines.

2) In the end, it's personal reference, if you love dots, pick it. Just reminds you, sometimes burst will be better than dots. It's kinda 50/50 for me. And we could stop talking about dots/burst which one is better, it's based on the contents you play.

3) Not really a loadout's thing, we can ignore this.

4) Tell me which dots you will get benefits if all you do is stay at long range ;) ? You can say that they pick Rage because of dots, but you understand very well that the reason is Berserk, you can't deny that.