precision dps needs a boost

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cutie, Mar 3, 2021.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Where does it end? Then next week you'll be asking for the devs to "simply" buff or nerf something else when you inevitably get smashed on the scorecard again. Yall put too much stock in that scorecard.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Prec is still really good... Watch this vid

The foundation for optimal dps'n with Prec , is having a "Quick Power Burst" type. No slow casts types.. Hope this helps
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

This is with gadgets, so this example is irrelevant considering that gadgets has the needed utilities to make prec good, while other powers don’t have those same, or similar mechanics
    • Like x 1
  4. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

you know, you can have "bots" in your utility belt to clip right?
    mail bot, repair bot, bank bot, etc ....so any power can do this ultimately

granted, this video is gadgets as well, but you can see the clipping being used with the bots

5. Cutie Level 30

seriously i hate that precision is so broken you have to use a repair bot whirling dervish and other crap just to be good somewhat and the fact that this thread has been open for a week and not one dev has commented shows how much they care i want to use animations and weapon buff only and not have to use that grim pet thing i wanna use venom wrist dispensor this game is so messed up no wonder it keeps changing companies and employees over and over it will just keep dying if it keeps being ran like it is
    • Like x 1
  6. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I logged in specifically just to thumbs this up.
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You can not clip a power into a bot like you can with the suppressor turret clip, that’s a huge difference. Plus you have stealth which also can be used to cancel animations. Plus, consecutive bot clips isn’t really doing more damage than simply clipping a combo with a short cast time power. It just isn’t, especially not now with buff trolls
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

Well precision is "only" good if you get your really really fast Clips. That means more prec attacks and that means more Damage Output.
    If you don't want to utilize the Things that make prec good.. Play might..
    It's like using mightpowers on a loadout that might look Pretty but do like bad Damage or don't really work well with the rest of the loadout.
    (Also if you're HL go might, way better for that :))
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Wow. So glad I'm not prec lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. MicPoosin New Player

Probably a repeat of an above comment but prec is still EXTREMELY good. You just need to work on your clips and speed through rotation but when done properly its worth it. As for the amount of effort or clips required to maintain top numbers it is similar to most might powers. When i say this im alluding to the fact that on might based powers your still range tapping before each power l. Also i do not believe that the timing required to do top lvl prex is any different than might for example on my might based mental toon i still have to time menace after pain blast and when done correctly the increase is noticeable. When done poorly you do poorly
  11. ItsSeven Level 30

While you’re right in that Precision doesn’t have much flexibility when it comes to arts, it’s still really good. You just don’t want to use the stuff that makes prec good. I’m not disputing the fact that precision could use some tweaking in the sense that more weapons should be viable, but to say prec is bad is wrong. You can play the game how you want, that’s fine, but your setup isn’t optimal. Even if they were to buff precision, unless it’s absolutely broken, it would be hard to make it work with HL in comparison to other powers(assuming that’s your power based off previous responses.) Before Weapon Mastery, Advanced Mechanics, and Revamp, HL was never made with the intention of using a ton of weapon input, even old HL was just really fast combos with rifle tap in between. Sure, arts like Venom Wrists duration could use a buff to where it lasts 12 seconds so you can have it utilized 100% of the time, but your issue should be more with the way HL is more so than the state of precision(though I agree in that in some aspects, it should be changed.) HL is meant to be a might power in its current state