Precision Combo Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DeitySupreme, Dec 6, 2019.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I haven’t seen anyone post this yet so I just wanted to bring something up. Prior to this update it was not recommended to do precision with combo powers do to the lack of non combo abilities that these powers had do use alongside your weapon attacks. Yes these powers had some but those powers were very low on damage. The powers that did good damage would combo into other powers which made it bad for precision rotations.

With the new update came a new precision artifact in gem of Horus. This artifact gives you a new ability which means that now all powers have a least 2 viable powers that can be used in an aoe rotation. If a specific power doesn’t have any good ability that does good damage than you could also use your movement ability as the second ability.

For example an atomic flight precision dps could use the gems ability, weapon buff, downdraft (believe it’s called this) robot sidekick and neo venom boost. Neo venom boost and a shield.

Acrobatics has throwing knives. Not to sure what the speed equivalent is.

Aoe rotation for a basic loadout using dw would be:
    Gem ability/weapon buff > explosive shot > downdraft > explosive shot > gem ability > etc

Keep in mind that this would not take full advantage of the artifact due to the hit counter only reaching 6x hit counter. You could test out other weapons that let you least a slightly higher hit counter to be able to benefit from the bleed proc. For aoe rotations if you want to take advantage of the bleed proc while using dw or similar weapons than you will need a third damaging ability to replace your shield. For an example we will use x

Gem ability/weapon buff > explosive shot/downdraft > explosive shot/x > explosive shot/gem

Since abilities also count towards counters this would leave you with a counter of 8 which will proc the bleed.

For single target you could simple use the gem ability clipped with your weapon buff (clipped with phase dodge if you are speed) and repeat until the cooldown for your weapon buff resets.

I know some people don’t like discussions about precision but thought I’d post this for those that wanted to do precision with combo powers that were limited before.
  2. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

You could play hybrid with enough skill points to spec 200+ into might and power as well as precision. For example, on aoe a celest can do plague/divine light clipped with the weapon buff then use something like brawling shurikens, hand blaster fling mastery or dual wield explosive shot. To make this somewhat decently viable you need to get artifacts with both prec and might stat like grim, transformation,strategist
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Every time I tested hybrid dps the damage loss was always to high. Might be different now with new artifacts that have both might and prec. But I’d imagine it’s the same story.
  4. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Depends, impossible to know for sure especially with low sp on test... On live, maybe it would outperform might if you 500sp. You can prolly spec full might and power on celest and run strategist/transformation with something like grim or philosopher’s stone then just spam flurry combo until you can use plague/divine light combo. Lots of dot damage ticking plus very good single target damage with lots oh hits to proc strategist card as much as possible.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually did all my testing on live lol. I’ll admit I don’t have 500sp. Was sitting at around 410sp when I tried it. The issue I found was that I could never find a right weapon to compliment a hybrid build in an even split. It would always have to lean towards might or prec. This is why.

If you use explosive shot mastery for example you can only clip the very end of if it when using a power. And you’d need a none combo power to clip the end of the combo power used to clip explosive shot with. If not than you would go from one combo to another combo. And wouldn’t be able to go straight to your weapon attack. If you clip the first power than you’d want to run prec heavy. If you use 2 back to back combos than you’d need to run might heavy. And at any given point you will only be using either might damage or prec damage. This means at any given point you’re only using half your dps stats at any point.

Now you could use a more clip happy old school build like either shuriken from brawler or solar flare (not sure if this is what it’s called) from hand blasters. You use your combo and immediately clip it with a combo power and clip that with another power. Go back your weapon and repeat. Doing this you do give yourself a larger portion of the damage to deal both might and prec at the same time. Again, for part of the time you would mainly be using your might damage so you’d still want to go might heavy. But that that point you might as well be might based.
  6. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Shuriken mastery could be clipped immediately into any might power or combo. Hand blaster/bow mastery combo, actually both of them do most damage than anything else for ranged aoe but a bit tricky since you don’t want to overclip your last hit with power but timed right it’s really quick and smooth to transition from weapon combo. I’d say shuriken combo has the greatest potential but on aoe and dots from specific powers. On single target hybrid with might is damage loss and you just want to spam flurry. I’d say in some cases such as celestial aoe and probably overall with a lot of sp it’s debatably possible to put out more damage clipping into combos immediately after shuriken’s second hold but you’d definitely need transformation/strategist combo and maybe grim. This won’t be the case with nature’s case if you go full might since it will probably outperform hybrid by a wide margin
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That is true. However my point is that these powers have always had the short end of the stick in regards to prec based damage up until the current dlc. These new artifacts gave more options to powers like atomic celestial and even munitions (because their best powers are arguably channel powers).