Prcesion Neck Mod or Escalating Might Mod

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by RamsesVIIX, Feb 16, 2013.

1. RamsesVIIX New Player

As a hard light dps I use the Precision neck mod, haven't tried the might one.
  2. Potent New Player

The Might one is honestly the only one worth it. Achieving a Hit Counter of 9+ is pretty much a loss in DPS.
    • Like x 1
  3. Volaron New Player

^ This. I'm still using my precision lockbox neck until I get the PB neck, but once I get it i'm using the might mod.
  4. RamsesVIIX New Player

Hmmm going to try the might mod. I rely heavily on Precision and can get the hit counter above nine with trash mobs. But in Prime and bosses in gates have to keep my distance.
  5. Potent New Player

My DPS uses 1900/700 for Stats, so I use Precision a lot as well, however I never get a 9hit counter due to staff clipping, I usually get a 4 hit combo at most, sometimes 5.
  6. PachamamaMan Well-Known Player

escalating might is good even for pure prec builds on HL or earth, even if it is only to setup a supercharge with that extra might.

the home turf one is better, got it from ace chem challenge. dunno if the bounties drop it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zer0 New Player

Use esc might mod on HT neck or stick with precision prom box neck. Precision mod isn't viable tbh
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

Precision mod is only really useful in challenges and duos where you might go longer durations without using powers. I will execute the DW Ultra Flurry 9TapHold when doing the new DLC stuff. That's about the only scenario I can see value in the mod.
  9. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Or probably if you're HL and, marginally, Earth.
  10. Zizzi New Player

Is the Precision mod really that unviable? HL constructs can quickly get to 9hits, can't they pick up the bonus and utilize it effectively?
    I haven't tested it myself yet but I'm sure there's a good way to use this.
  11. Cicatrix New Player

Precision mod is useful for many people who know how to use their weapon. As many people only really know how to spam powers they are not taking advantage of it, they would rather sit around and wait for their soda to come up then to use their weapon.
  12. RamsesVIIX New Player

Whoa, just ran League of Assassin's twice with both mods and same group. I can hit the marker over 9 pretty quick especially with the bosses. Yeah there was definitely a difference. Escalating Might won, by 20k.
  13. Potent New Player

The amount of time it would take to get there, or the moves you would have to do, would result in a massive loss in DPS.
    Clipping a weapon combo with a power will do more damage in the long run, but will also never get you to a 9+ hit counter.
  14. Zer0 New Player

Exactly :)
  15. Zizzi New Player

Hmm if that is the case then maybe they could boost the amount of time your Precision is increased? That seems like a reasonable buff to the mod.
  16. Worlok New Player

what are you guys talking about exactly, and why 9+ combo?
  17. Well Endowed New Player

By using a hit counter up to or above 9 is a severe loss in dps, esp. since the proc only lasts 4 seconds. There really is no point in using it. Escalating might is the way to go, even for HL. However, I would still stick with the promethium neck.
  18. OMAAR New Player

The current ratio for might to precision for HL is 3:1 meaning if your losing 15 precision but gaining 35 might then it's a no-go.

If your losing 30 precision but gaining 110 might then it's an increase even for HL.

I will be re-doing the math for this if anyone is interested.
  19. Impact Prime New Player

That would depend on the rotations, weapon combos used and positioning and number of enemies though. It might be 3:1 for you, but for others it could be very different. I checked this for two rotations some time ago for close range combat; one was between 5.13:1 and 6.41:1, and the other as high as 7.5:1. Since powers and constructs have a longer range, the ratio can change when some enemies are outside the AoE of some attacks and inside the AoE of others. Since different rotations can cover different areas and ranges, even a deviation resulting from the same changes in conditions can't apply to everyone.
  20. RamsesVIIX New Player

Well ram then whip thrash twice bumps up my hit counter to over 9, my precision increases to 179 for 6 seconds. Then again if I'm fighting a boss in a raid I'm going to be ram snaptrap fanning it so I figure the extra might is going to help. Still figuring out which one is worth it for hard light.